• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

The Hunt

Started by Bynw, 30 November 2006, 20:11:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[21:47:28] <.Bynw> *Nym has returned to is compound in the Glass Desert. Here is continues overseeing the development of his apprentices in the ways of the Akasa as he builds the Horizon Knights. Master Michon has proven to be an adept swordmaster and the apprentices skills at arms increase daily. Nym sees to the moral teachings of the Order and House of his charges and Michon too takes on the role of an apprentice at these sessions.*
[21:50:35] <+Nym> ::Standing before a class deep in the bowels of his fortress:: "How does one learn and grow wise?"
[21:50:54] <.Bynw> *it is at one such session during the training of the Horizen Knights when Nym (and the others) all feel a great disturbance on the Akasa. They sense a dark chasm opening and flesh being ripped asunder. And darkness screams and laughs all at once. It was a powerful "vision" enough to make one loose concentration of the moment. And possibly one's consciousness. Make a stamina roll, need a Great or better.*
[21:52:33] <.Bynw> (( i think Nym probably has a Good at least in that Attribute, 5df ))
[21:52:51] <+Nym> ((yep))
[21:52:55] <+Nym> @5df
[21:52:55] <+SnakeEyes> Nym Rolled [-][ ][-](+)[ ]
[21:53:08] <.Bynw> (( didnt make it ))
[21:53:16] <.Bynw> *everything goes black*
[21:54:16] <+Nym> ::His eyes roll back in his head as the vision slams into him. He falls to the floor and loses conciousness::
[21:54:45] <.Bynw> *Nym awakes breathing shallow short breaths. Blood running from his mouth where he bit his own tongue. Feeling very cold and shaky. A hand on his shoulder and a calm soothing voice.*
[21:55:41] <.Bynw> "Easy now Master Gibran. You took a bad fall." *says the middle aged man looking down at him who even now helps him up*
[21:56:11] <+Nym> ::He blinks and lets himself be helped up::
[21:56:25] <+Nym> ::He looks at his class to see if he is the only one affected::
[21:56:53] <.Bynw> *his apprentices, including Michon still lay on the cold stone floor where they were.*
[21:57:22] <.Bynw> "Oh, they are alright. Just stunned as we all were." *the man says*
[21:58:29] <+Nym> ::Seeing that Michon is not the one who helped him up he becomes a bit alarmed and blinks rapidly as he tries to master his senses and takes a look at the man at his side:: "Who...?"
[21:59:39] <.Bynw> *as Nym's vision and senses clear he can feel is own shields are instinctivly ridged. And the man ... is Soltaari.*
[22:01:55] <+Nym> ::His look of suspicion fades to a smile as he recognizes Soltaari::
[22:02:02] <.Bynw> *Master Soltaari smiles* "Ah your senses are returning. It is a good thing that you are well trained as you are ..."
[22:02:52] <+Nym> "Master Soltaari. What is going on? I was planning on speaking with you. Is it only good fortune that brings you?"
[22:03:00] <.Bynw> "We have things to do once your charges regain their senses." *he helps Nym to his feet* "But for now let them sleep"
[22:03:18] <.Bynw> "You felt it didn't you?"
[22:03:34] * Circuitous is now known as Circ|Away
[22:03:58] <+Nym> "Yes. The Akasha. Something horrible is happening."
[22:06:29] <.Bynw> "Something horrible has happened." *he looks up seemling to the unseen sky* "Michael McKone is reached his final death, although he was not one of us. His destroyer was otherwise the echo would not have hit us so hard."
[22:06:59] <.Bynw> (( is = has ))
[22:08:58] <+Nym> ::Looks a bit confused:: "Mckone being put to rest, this can't be the horrible thing you speak of? Alec has won, I assume he has sent Mckone to his final rest."
[22:10:11] <+Nym> "The...." ::he hesitates:: "Artifact I was searching for has been hidden well. No one could've found it so quickly."
[22:10:44] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "It was not Alec." *he holds his right hand, palm down and parallel with the floor about waist high and makes a circle with it, 10 inches in diameter. clockwise*
[22:12:40] <.Bynw> *a shimmering light forms directly under his hand and extends to the floor and slowy forms into a pedistool in the form of an ornate dragon holding a large shiral crystal in its open jaws. the pedistool is made of a white gold but its not gold and it radiates with power that Nym can feel without even touching it*
[22:13:24] <.Bynw> "Artifact ... the Bloodpool?" *Soltaari asks*
[22:14:32] <+Nym> ::Looks about nervously as if mentioning it will call it forth:: "Yes. I think it's better if the memory of the thing is left to die."
[22:15:05] * Savar is now known as Savar-bed
[22:15:49] <+Nym> ::Nym eyes the thrown:: "I take it your memory has improved? Your certainly weaving in a way I've never seen."
[22:17:42] <.Bynw> *Soltaari looks down at the conjured device* "This is an imorphicon transverter. Why they called it something so strange I'll never know. But that is its name. The metal is Galltium."
[22:22:19] <.Bynw> "I believe that the ... Artifact, is still safe for the time being. But something is not right with McKone's passing."
[22:24:01] <.Bynw> *he looks back at the apprentices*
[22:24:15] <+Nym> ::Nods:: "Mckone was part of a trinity. His passing may have woken the others or set them in motion."
[22:24:39] <.Bynw> *then whispers a few arcane words to them*
[22:25:02] * db144 has left #Teara-Adan
[22:26:27] <.Bynw> "Galltium. Is an alloy of metal. Made of gold, platinum, mithral and pure psychic energy. Very hard to produce and it certainly does not form naturally." *Soltaari notes again looking at the device before him*
[22:27:47] <+Nym> "Interesting. Where does it go when your not using it?"
[22:29:36] <.Bynw> "It is an honor to have one of these granted on you. It can be called forth as I did at any time you desire. It is always with you when not in use. It becomes a part of you."
[22:30:14] <+Nym> ::Blinks:: "An honor from who?"
[22:31:23] <.Bynw> *he looks at Nym* "The Royal House of Van Starra."
[22:33:43] <+Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at the mention of Van Starra. His expression changes dramatically, to stone:: "I see. Your connected to The royal house of Maribronn?"
[22:36:18] <.Bynw> "Where do you think Galltium is fordged? I have known several of their Kings." *he places his hand over the top of the device again and makes a counter clockwise circle and the device fades from existance under his hand*
[22:42:14] <+Nym> ::Purses his lips, his posture looking a bit annoyed:: "I didn't know it existed before you said it. Hard to know where it's forged." ::he sighs:: "And how do you feel about their unique use of the matrix there?"
[22:45:14] <.Bynw> "The Matrix serves its purpose. See to your charges Master Gibran. Once they have fully recovered. You and I have a journey ahead of us."
[22:47:28] <+Nym> "Where to?"
[22:49:59] <.Bynw> "Iceland, Kirsh, some other inhospitable places in search of artifacts and legends. And then to Mariabronn."
[22:53:12] <+Nym> ::Nods:: "I am with you then. But, you should know I feel the Matrix in Mariabronn in immoral. I have been meaning to travel to see it as a matter of fact."
[22:53:45] <+Nym> ::His eyes take on that steely glint that makes his appearance feral as he says this::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[22:19:01] <.Bynw> *Solaari* "So we have a lot to do ... we must get going. You need to grab whatever it is you need to take with you. Keep it light." *he looks back to the others that are still asleep*
[22:19:01] * +Nym_Gibran kicks dicebot square between the legs
[22:20:11] <+Nym_Gibran> "I'll have to leave a note for the students, they would worry without me. I don't suppose it would be wise to take two with us?"
[22:20:52] <.Bynw> "Not on this mission." *he says* "And there will be no need for a note. They wont know that you are gone."
[22:21:44] <.Bynw> *Nym can sense the presence of another Anadari, who until recently must have been shielding himself rather well in the shadows*
[22:23:15] <+Nym_Gibran> ::raises an eyebrow as his hand creeps to his star sword:: "You've brought the Knight of Bindar from the council chambers haven't you?" ::he says to Solaari::
[22:23:28] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "Come on out Master Gibran" *he says with a bit of a smile.* 
[22:24:03] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks a bit confused at the mention of the last name:: "Alec?"
[22:24:21] <.Bynw> *the man steps out of the shadows is none other than Nym Gibran. In appearance, mannerisms, style and dress. He is an exact duplicate.*
[22:25:24] <.Bynw> *Other Nym* "You have good insight." *even in voice he matches Nym as his form shifts back to that of the Elven Knight of Bindar*
[22:29:59] <.Bynw> *KofB* "You must share with me in full details your vision and teachings for this House in order for me to become you while you are away."
[22:30:32] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His hand drops away from his star sword. His face shows just a hint of the awe he showed in the council chamber as he stands in front of a myth in the flesh:: "I will not claim to be the very best warrior of the ranks of the Anadari, but my mind has carried me through many a challenge that would destroy most Anadari." ::he says with a smile::
[22:33:12] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks a bit shocked and looks to Soltaari then back to the elf:: "This is my legacy. I am sure your skills are more then enough, but what of your morality? I've heard stories, myths."
[22:35:25] <.Bynw> *he shifts his form back to that of Nym Gibran* "I am Nym Gibran and will have his morality. Give me your vision, your mind let nothing be hidden that may reveal that I am not who I appear to be." *he says again in Nym's own voice*
[22:38:06] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow, but nods his acceptance:: "This is...I'm showing much trust to you, You must show me a bit, fair yes?"
[22:39:45] <+Nym_Gibran> "Can you show me a bit about the Knights of Bindar?" ::he says with a sly smile::
[22:43:22] <.Bynw> "Yes I can show you some of my House."
[22:43:54] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods, steps forward and drops his mental shields::
[22:46:49] <.Bynw> *the other's mind quickly envolds around Nym's and rapidly guides the channels so he can learn a much greater picture of Nym and Nym's vision for the Horizon Knights. He also shares ... just images of things involving the Knights of Bindar. Very rapidly, almost like an onslaught and overload of information. Then he is out of Nym's mind in few scant minutes of time*
[22:49:44] <.Bynw> *Other Nym* "You must go now." *he says turning towards the apprentices and seeing to them, they are slowly coming to*
[22:50:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods as his shields snaps back into place:: "Watch Michon, I do not fully trust him yet."
[22:51:48] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He extends his hand to the elf and then turns to Soltaari:: "How do we travel?"
[22:55:11] <.Bynw> *Soltaari takes Nym's hand* "Like this" *and then utters a word of power* "rorreontropelet"
[22:59:56] <.Bynw> *Nym and Soltaari are both standing in a tranquil but large sitting room. It is dimly lit but filled with books, scrolls, curios and trinks everywhere. The walls and floor are made of stone, no door can be seen anywhere. There is also a large couch and several plush chairs with low tables about. And a beautiful woman (appears to be in her 30s) with long black hair currled up sleeping with a book in one of the chairs*
[23:02:04] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Clears his throat loudly::
[23:03:38] <.Bynw> *the woman wakes up, a bit startled at first with look of dealing death in her eyes until she sees the 2 men in the room. then she jumps up, the book flying and rushes over and hugs Soltaari* "Father! It's been so long since you where home."
[23:07:42] <.Bynw> *Soltaari returns her embrace* "We arent staying long. Much to do my dear."
[23:09:09] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Stands back a bit and studies the woman::
[23:09:54] <.Bynw> *After a moment Soltaari makes the introductions* "Master Nyn Gibran. Meet my daughter, Tara." ... "Tara, Nym Gibran, he's an Adanian Lord and Anadari Master"
[23:11:38] Failed OPER attempt by Goatmaster_Andy [No Such Oper, sil2281]
[23:11:58] <.Bynw> *Tara* "He's looking at me Daddy. Should I kill him for it?"
[23:12:41] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles at what he thinks is sarcastic wit, feeling a little out of place, like a feral cat in a house:: "Just Nym will do." ::Bows at the waist to the lady::
[23:13:50] <+Nym_Gibran> "If you must kill me, make it quick." ::he grins::
[23:16:14] <.Bynw> *Tara* "A since of humor. I like him." *she goes and sits back down on the chair*
[23:17:08] <.Bynw> *sense that is
[23:19:28] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "Well Nym ... what do you think you need for this journey?"
[23:20:08] * +Nym_Gibran feels to make sure Alex is with him then continues
[23:21:12] <.Bynw> ! he is there ... like always
[23:24:09] <+Nym_Gibran> "Various remote terrains." ::he says in thought to himself:: "I travel lite. No way to prepare for all terrains, best to just pick up what we need as we go. A small back pack with some of my various survival equipment and such, my star sword and my cloths should do. The Akasha will provide what I need. Do you think we will need to hunt?"
[23:25:05] <.Bynw> "I hope not but we never know where the road may take us."
[23:27:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "A sturdy hunting bow and quiver then as well. I never liked firearms, too much noise and too dangerous."
[23:27:54] <.Bynw> "However I think are first stop will be to Mariabronn. Need to speak with the Van Starra."
[23:29:02] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Perfect. I would like to see Mariabronn and perhaps speak with the Matrix there."
[23:31:03] <+Nym_Gibran> "Well needs some funds."
[23:31:35] <+Nym_Gibran> "Not much though"
[23:33:45] <.Bynw> "Excellent idea. I think we should have a bite to eat first and then get a bit of rest before heading back out. We will travel to Corassi and then take a ship to Mariabronn. Don't want to go 'popping' in unexpected."
[23:34:03] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks over at Tara:: "Are you joining us?"
[23:36:00] <.Bynw> *Tara gets up* "Certainly. There are some nice plump juicy pickled hens ready that I want to have."
[23:39:46] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Grimaces at the thought of a pickled hen, but doesn't want to be insulting:: "Uhh yes. Where are we by the way? Or more to the point where is this house?"
[23:45:51] <.Bynw> "Far away ..." *Soltaari says while Tara gives him a dirty look and snorts* "You do like keeping yourself away from others, Father."
[23:49:22] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at Soltaari's mysteriousness:: "Ah the Land of Far Away. I take it it's next to Far, far away? I've heard of that one, lot's going on in far far away." ::he says with a smirk::
[23:51:50] <.Bynw> *Tara takes Nym by the hand and leads him towards a wall which vanishes into a open doorway as they approach it, leading them towards a large table filled with food. Meats, breads, cheese, fruits and various vegetables*
[23:55:19] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles:: "That was rather quick." ::inhales deeply:::
[23:57:08] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Pulls out a chair for Tara and seats her, then takes a seat himself::
[23:58:46] <.Bynw> *Soltaari follows the two into the dinning room and takes a seat across from Nym*
[23:59:53] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Waits for Soltaari and Tara to begin reaching for food in case they wish to offer some kind of prayer::
[00:02:09] <+Nym_Gibran> "It's strange, I'm sorry but social manners where never a talent of mine. Forgive me if I'm crude. In Tennes we stand on little formality." ::smiles:;
[00:02:46] <.Bynw> *they dont seem to over any prayers ... if they do it is silent*
[00:04:12] <.Bynw> "I hate formalities myself. So enjoy the company of friends Nym and eat up. I'm sure there is something on the table that is more to your liking than the picked hens." *Soltaari says with a smile*
[00:06:59] <+Nym_Gibran> ::begins piling his plate high with a little bit of everything, making no try at being dainty about it. His selection seems to favor fresh and plain food with little seasoning. He speaks only if his mouth is empty:: "Master Soltaari you are married?"
[00:08:13] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "Not any longer. My wife passed away some time ago."
[00:09:47] <.Bynw> *Soltaari and his daughter favor the meats and some of the other fruits and vegetables as well. But those that are highly seasoned and many have been pickled*
[00:11:15] <+Nym_Gibran> "I'm sorry for your loss." ::To Tara:: "You live here alone then?"
[00:12:54] <.Bynw> *Tara* "Not at all. I am surrounded by family most of the time. I come here to get away. This is a place of solitude, reflection and meditation. That's why it feels so tranquil here. It was designed that way."
[00:14:03] <+Nym_Gibran> ::nods:: "I feel the same way in the forests of Tennes. You have a lot of family then?"
[00:15:50] <.Bynw> "Enough" *she says enjoying some of the pickled hens*
[00:19:10] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Chuckles:: "I've always suspected Master Soltaari is much older then his age shows. I'd guess you have a very large family."
[00:20:48] <+Nym_Gibran> ::To Soltaari:: "What is Mariabronn like Master Soltaari?"
[00:23:53] <.Bynw> *Soltaari looks up and sort away as if dreaming* "She is a beautiful city. Towers of galltium and gold everywhere. Clean and pure as freshly fallen snow. No need of weapons. No need of horses either ... a miracle of Deryni achievement."
[00:26:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Just nods:: "And the people?"
[00:28:08] <.Bynw> "The people are like any others. Outside the city they farm, they fish, raise sheep and cattle. They work in the city as bakers and the like. There is no difference from anywhere else. Save they dont worry."
[00:29:11] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "The Garden of eden."
[00:30:32] <.Bynw> "a paradise. that it is, but I wouldnt live there. too much formality" *Soltaari remarks"
[00:33:58] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Nor I. It doesn't sound like a place that would tolerate me for long."
[00:37:43] <+Nym_Gibran> ::To Tara:: "Did you see the vision?"
[00:38:58] <.Bynw> *Tara* "Sorry no. I am not Anadari. That magic flows too strongly in me"
[00:39:56] <+Nym_Gibran> ::To Soltaari:: "What do you think it means?"
[00:40:48] <.Bynw> *Soltaari takes on a serious tone* "Trouble. We will need to bring the Van Starra back into the fold of the council."
[00:46:30] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Stops eating for a moment and looks up, then resumes:: "Well that will certainly shake things up. It's no secret I disagree with many of the things Van Starra stands for, but if they wish to come back into the council I'd throw my support to them. Diversity and evolution is the key to the Anadari's survival. Van Staara may not agree with me, but they serve my purpose none the less just by coming back."
[00:49:55] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "I dont think they will want to come back. But I think that we will need them. The Houses united."
[00:52:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Are you sure I'm the best person to bring to help ask them?"
[00:54:03] <.Bynw> "Yes you are Nym." *Soltaari says inbetween bites*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[21:39:20] <.Bynw> *Nym continues to have his leisurely dinner with Master Soltaari and his daughter.*
[21:41:52] <+Nym_Gibran> "I doubt Maribronn will welcome me with open arms Master Soltaari, but if I can mediate between their leaders and the council then I should try at least."
[21:42:24] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "You are indeed the best person to be an envoy to Mariabronn. Everyone else already toes the line with them. You will be honest and straight forward with them."
[21:43:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles in his wolfish way:: "It is the only way I know how to be. I hold no awe for them I can tell you that. Pity would be more like it."
[21:45:05] <+Nym_Gibran> "Is the king and his court still strongly connected to the church?"
[21:47:57] <.Bynw> "Mariabronn is the home of Saint Anthony. Their connection to the Church is very strong. They hold considerable influence."
[21:48:33] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Shakes his head as he washes down his food with his watered down wine::
[21:49:15] <+Nym_Gibran> "It wouldn't surprise me if they try to imprison me once I step foot on the island."
[21:50:50] * Savar has joined #Teara-Adan
[21:51:01] <+Nym_Gibran> "Are they aware of who my only known living relation is? My uncle?"
[21:51:32] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "The Anadari would be aware."
[21:53:31] <+Nym_Gibran> "You said we'd take a trip by boat to the island. Where would we depart?"
[21:55:53] <.Bynw> "Corassi in the West Abronn Territories. It's the only place that has ships to Mariabronn."
[22:00:06] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "Good. Then the trip will be short." ::he seems to go a bit pale at the thought of a sea voyage."
[22:01:17] <+Nym_Gibran> "Are you sure we must take a boat at all?"
[22:07:16] <.Bynw> "Yes. From Corassi to Mariabronn we will go by ship."
[22:13:11] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Sighs and nods and he sets down his utensils on an empty plate:: "When do we leave?"
[22:16:44] <.Bynw> "When would you like to leave? We will go by Portal from here to Corassi"
[22:21:35] <+Nym_Gibran> "Makes sense to me to transport to Corassi and then rest. I'm not really sure how far we are from it...." ::looks questioningly at Soltaari and Tara:: "I suspect we'll need some rest once we arrive. If your interpretation of the vision is correct I think we should leave as soon as Tara and yourself are ready."
[22:22:51] <.Bynw> *Tara* "As the crow flies its around 4200km away"
[22:26:21] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "I say we leave right away. The longer I stay here the greater the chance of my presence being discovered."
[22:27:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at Soltaari's last words, but holds his tongue::
[22:28:23] <+Nym_Gibran> ::stands up:: "I am ready."
[22:36:26] <.Bynw> "Excellent" *he says standing up grabbing a handfull of grapes from the table. Tara gets up from seat as well, as the whole room shifts and reforms itself around them. No longer a dinning room, but more of another study or den. A large wooden desk with a stone top and several over stuff chairs about. Books, scrolls and manuscripts are seen everywhere. Along with paintings, sculptures, tapestries and other works of <-cut
[22:36:26] <.Bynw> cut-> arts are hanging and set about the room. The center of the room shows a mosaic of what appears to be the world. The Adanain coast is clearly seen and lands that Nym has never known to the east across the great Americ sea.*
[22:39:13] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He stumbles a bit with vertigo as the room shifts suddenly, but he quickly recovers and stands in awe of the mosaic:: "Is this correct?"
[22:40:33] * Leonid_Brezhnev is now known as Goatmaster
[22:40:35] <.Bynw> *Soltaari looks down* "Yes it is."
[22:43:23] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he shakes his head trying to stay focused at the task at hand, but he stores a mental picture of the mosaic in the back of his mind with a sigh:: "I could spend days asking about this alone. But we don't have time for idle chat. Ready when you are."
[22:46:56] <.Bynw> "Feel free asking anything you like. You can never have enough Knowledge." *he says closing his eyes for a moment centering himself*
[22:50:06] <+Nym_Gibran> "Have you been to this continent?"
[22:50:36] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his toe indicates the other unknown continent on the mosaic::
[22:51:33] <.Bynw> "Actually no I haven't." *Soltaari says as Nym's feet tingle as he touches the map beneath his feet* "Never really had the time."
[22:56:38] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods as he raises an eyebrow:: "I take it we're not going by portal?"
[22:57:53] <.Bynw> "Of course we are going by Portal. What do you think you are standing on?" *he and Tara come over and stand on the map next to Nym*
[23:01:54] <+Nym_Gibran> "Ah, of course." ::he readies himself for the vertigo that comes with portal transfers::
[23:02:50] <.Bynw> *Soltaari enters rapport with Tara first and then brings Nym into it as well* @@ "Here we go" @@
[23:04:32] <.Bynw> *and they are standing on the outdoor portal square in Corassi where Soltaari drops a few gold coins while stepping down. People are everywhere about the busy city going about their lives not paying much attention to anyone using the public Portal. There was no vertigo*
[23:05:54] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Steps off the portal and takes a look around::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[22:01:12] <.Bynw> *Nym and the others have arrived in Corassi. They are at the townsquare on a public portal. Much like the one at Polaris. Soltaari himself drops a few dozen silver coins on the stones at the top of the circular dias*
[22:03:05] <.Bynw> *Tara* "I'll head to the docks and get us passage on one of the outgoing ships to Mariabronn"
[22:05:20] * Savar-afk is now known as Savar
[22:06:26] <.Bynw> *she says and heads towards the east of the city leaving Nym alone with Soltaari*
[22:06:53] <+Nym> ::Grimaces at the thought of a sea voyage:: "Oh this should be fun. How long will we be at sea?"
[22:07:26] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "Two or three days at most."
[22:07:54] <.Bynw> "if there is no wind. if we have a good wind at our backs, then a day."
[22:08:43] <+Nym> "I don't suppose there's any way to insure we do have a good wind?"
[22:10:05] <.Bynw> *Soltaari smiles* "What you think someone is capable of such powers My Lord."
[22:12:05] <+Nym> ::Looks amused:: "Druids can be powerful allies."
[22:15:18] <.Bynw> *He pats Nym on the shoulder* "Come my friend. Lets find a tavern, grab a drink or two and a bite to eat. While we wait for Tara to get back."
[22:15:55] <+Nym> "I think I may skip the bite to eat." ::lets Soltaari lead the way::
[22:18:38] <.Bynw> *the two walk through the streets as merchants haggle various goods from shops and warehouses. the sea air floats through the city as they enter one of the taverns closer to the docks and grap a table*
[22:19:40] <.Bynw> (( grab ))
[22:21:51] <.Bynw> *Soltaari gets drinks ordered in the dim and cooler confines of the tavern.*
[22:22:29] <+Nym> ::Orders up some hot tea:: "I'm not very good on boats. Never move right. How do you expect our reception to be?"
[22:23:47] <.Bynw> "We are coming unannounced. Since they maintain an isolationist attitude, they may not like us being there, but they will receive us."
[22:26:21] <+Nym> "Why did they never join the council in Polaris in the first place?"
[22:28:21] <.Bynw> "Lord Iccarus, Saint Anthony's son, was trained by Lord Krow separately from Anak and Bindar. It was a favor between Krow and Anthony."
[22:32:03] <.Bynw> "The Vanstarra's after Iccarus' return from Kaec never joined the council and choose to remain apart but allied with them"
[22:34:10] <+Nym> "I see. I take it that the only faith allowed in Mariabronn is the church?"
[22:36:35] <.Bynw> "Well you have to keep in mind, their greatest King is Sainted. But there are others there."
[22:38:53] <.Bynw> "Sirius was from Mariabronn. He was an ArchDruid." *Soltaari remarks*
[22:39:48] <+Nym> ::Nods and takes a sip of tea while he ponders how to aproch the next subject:: "I, uh didn't want to pry, but...Tara is your daughter. Where is her mother?"
[22:43:15] <.Bynw> *he closes his eyes for a moment* "She is dead. I wasn't able to save her."
[22:43:26] * Savar is now known as Savar-bed
[22:44:17] <+Nym> ::Slowly nods and thinks better of prying further:: "I'm sorry to hear that."
[22:45:13] <+Nym> ::Clears his throat and changes the subject:: "How does the Mariabronn government structured?"
[22:45:30] <+Nym> ((does=is))
[22:47:29] <.Bynw> "The King and his council, mostly nobles and some appointed members. Very much like any other kingdom."
[22:51:19] <+Nym> ::Nods and sips his tea:: "How does the matrix fit into it all?"
[22:54:06] <.Bynw> *Soltaari* "The matrix is the sum of Anthony's vision. The King and council dont have to guess what their Saint's vision was or what his writing might mean. They know, the matrix has everything. It also controls everything in the city."
[22:55:56] <+Nym> "Controls the city? Explain?"
[22:57:07] <.Bynw> *he waves his hand* "You will just have to see it."
[22:59:17] <.Bynw> *Soltaari smiles and downs the full pint of ale*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[21:01:12] <.Bynw> *Soltaari puts down his ale mug*
[21:03:34] <.Bynw> "Tara should be coming back soon." *he says*
[21:04:03] <Nym_Gibran> "And then we lave by ship to Mariabronn?"
[21:04:52] <.Bynw> "Yes. Simpler that way."
[21:07:15] <.Bynw> *Tara enters the tavern and gets a few looks from some of the patrons as she makes her way to Nym and Soltaari and sits down with them.*
[21:07:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::sighs:: "I guess a day or two at sea wont kill me, but..." ::trails off as Tara enters and sits::
[21:08:19] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to Tara as she sits:: "We have a ship?"
[21:09:33] <.Bynw> "Yes we do." *she says smiling to Nym* "Only one room so we will have to all share."
[21:11:27] <Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles weakly:: "I'm guessing I'll be spending quiet a bit of time at the rail of the boat or sleeping."
[21:14:39] <.Bynw> "Ships arent that bad." *she turns to Soltaari* "It's in berth 7. A large cargo ship."
[21:16:21] <Nym_Gibran> ::mutter a bit to himself :: "Takes another sip of his tea. Maybe the ship's captain has something to settle a rebellious stomach."
[21:16:39] <Nym_Gibran> ::Speaks up:: "When are we due to depart?"
[21:16:58] * Festil has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[21:18:19] <.Bynw> *Tara* "Within the hour so we should probably head on over there."
[21:20:38] <Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and takes one last drink of his tea and stands:: "Unless either of you has any last moment arrangements...." ::he lets the statement hang in the air."
[21:21:50] * +Mistyck has quit IRC
[21:23:17] * Festil has joined #Teara-Adan
[21:23:29] <.Bynw> *Tara gets up and leads the two men towards the docks and the waiting cargo ship.*
[21:26:24] <.Bynw> *the ship sits in the berth at the docks, cargo is being loaded into its large holds as the tri comes up on and they approach the gang plank*
[21:26:44] * Nym_Gibran looks decidedly out of place amid the chaos of the docks, like a slightly wild animal walking the streets of a city. He blanches at the sight of the cargo ship ast the near it and swallows hard as he walks onboard.
[21:28:32] <.Bynw> *Soltaari lands on the ship's deck from the gang plank and smiles* "This is a good ship" *he pats Nym on the shoulder* "It should be smooth sail"
[21:30:23] <Nym_Gibran> ::again he smiles weakly to Soltaari:: "Now might be a good moment to inform you that I take badly to the sea. It doesn't move right. I'll be glad when the trip is over and I have dry land beneath my feet again."
[21:31:44] <.Bynw> "No different than flying." *Soltaari says as they continue making there way below deck to the quarters that are available.*
[21:34:38] <Nym_Gibran> ::Walking behind Soltaari:: "Riding Iamar feels like riding any other mount, though I must admit I've never rode a winged mount. Though I've seen them."
[21:36:03] <Nym_Gibran> "You've ridden on one of them?"
[21:36:46] <.Bynw> *they reach the spartan quaters. there are 4 bunks, a wash basin and a dressing screen. some minor furniture, a table and a few chairs*
[21:40:00] <.Bynw> "A few times. Had a friend that wanted to pair me up with one." *he says* "I turned him down. I like horses."
[21:42:26] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a look about the cramped quarters and nods to himself:: "presented with a choice I'd ride Iamar, but his breed is rare. I had contemplated using the winged variety to ride as an ideal mount for my students in the glass desert."
[21:44:38] <Nym_Gibran> ::Eyes Tara out of the corner of his sight to see if any of this is surprising her or if she seems to have been talking with Soltaari about him before his arrival::
[21:47:45] <.Bynw> *tara is just listening*
[21:50:38] <.Bynw> *the ships bell rings announcing that is ready to leave port and begin its journey across the sea to Mariabronn*
[21:53:31] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a seat on the edge of his bunk:: "Where do these flying mounts come from and what are they called?"
[21:53:54] * IIsi50MHz has joined #Teara-Adan
[21:54:03] <.Bynw> "Which ones?
[21:54:10] <.Bynw> *Soltaari asks*
[21:57:25] <Nym_Gibran> ::raises an eyebrow:: "I had seen winged mounts that looked like miniture dragons. I didn't know of any others."
[22:02:12] <.Bynw> "They are dragons." *Soltaari says* "There are 2 varieties of dragon. Both are rare. One is a little better than any other animal. The other, are 'true' dragons. Massive in stature, intelligence and power."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[21:21:33] <~Bynw> *the boat rocks on the waves ever so slightly but to Nym it might as well be a raging storm at sea. he has done his best to meditate and sleep since coming on board and has had periods of full wakefulness and total bliss
[21:23:09] <~Bynw> *he awakes to find the cabin dark and his bunk shared with the dark haired daughter of Soltaari sleeping
[21:25:25] <~Bynw> next to him peacefully as the ship rocks on the night waves*
[21:28:53] <+Nym> ::blinks in confusion a few times, not being used to sharing a bed. Sits back and enjoys the feel of it. Tempted for a moment to peer into her dreams, but he sighs and just puts his arm around her to hold her close::
[21:31:11] <~Bynw> *she doesnt stir but peacefully sleeps ... a soothing sensation coming over Nym as he holds her close, easing the vertigo and seasickness of the ship riding the waves
[21:32:39] <+Nym> ::Let's his mind wander for a moment and then drifts back into sleep::
[21:35:18] <~Bynw> *awhile later the sound of wet footsteps awakens Nym again. Tara still sleeping beside him ... there is a little bit of light creeping into cabin from a lone high porthole window
[21:39:53] <~Bynw> *Soltaari's voice* "Are you two awake? Its a beautiful sunrise out there on the deck" *he says taking a seat and drying himself off*
[21:42:24] <+Nym> ::Opens his eyes just a tiny slit in an unconscious imitation of a cat::
[21:44:56] <~Bynw> *tara stirs next to him*
[21:47:20] <~Bynw> *she opens her eyes and smiles at Nym* "You sir are a gentleman"
[21:47:54] * Savar-afk is now known as Savar
[21:50:39] <+Nym> ::stretches and slides his feet onto the floor and smiles:: "We shall see."
[21:52:10] <~Bynw> *she sits up, wearing a gown* "yes a gentleman. i hope you slept well. i did take advantage of you however. to ease your discomfort of ship travel"
[21:54:29] <+Nym> ::Smiles and scratches his head:: "I enjoyed sleeping next to someone, it's been..." ::clears his throat and turns to hide a blush, then stands and looks out the port hole while he puts on a shirt::
[21:55:11] <~Bynw> *soltaari continues to dry himself with a towel and goes behind the dressing screen*
[21:55:50] * Jeheregh has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
[21:57:08] <~Bynw> *soltaari* "We should reach Mariabronn by nightfall with a good wind"
[22:00:45] <~Bynw> *he steps out from behind the dressing screen* "There are some mental defenses to go over. As we want to be noticed on arrival. Our Shields should be very tight."
[22:01:45] <+Nym> ::Raises his eyebrow:: "I was under the impression that resistance to the Mariabronn matrix would only bring madness or death?"
[22:03:18] <~Bynw> *Soltaari laughs* "No it only brings you to its attention. That is what we want."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:35:16] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Since we want to be noticed. Just remember to keep your Shields tight. Any non vocal communication between us that needs to be done will be done through a physical link."
[20:35:47] * Bynw sets mode: -v+v Savar Nym_Gibran
[20:37:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods in understanding:: "I'd always imagined myself sneaking into Mariabronn, but I do like to make an entrance so much better." ::he says with a sly grin::
[20:38:50] <+Nym_Gibran> "Who is the king of Mariabronn on this day?"
[20:38:59] <~Bynw> *Soltaari comes out from behind the dressing screen. now all dry and dressed* "In the meantime we have a few hours to kill. Anything on your mind?"
[20:41:15] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he glances at Soltaari's daughter before he speaks:: "Can you tell me something of how Anthony lived?"
[20:42:34] <~Bynw> *Tara answers* "It's Richard Anthony Michelle D'nar Addams van Starra. If I remember correctly."
[20:45:35] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow and nods his head to Tara:: "Long name."
[20:45:58] <~Bynw> *Tara* "They always do. It's a Mariabronn tradition."
[20:46:41] <~Bynw> *Sotaari takes a seat and leans back* "Anthony was a good man. A visionary and one of the most powerful Deryni ever to have lived. He was also an accomplished musician, writer, a devoted father. A statesman and someone that you did not cross."
[20:48:13] <+Nym_Gibran> "Was he born in Mariabronn?"
[20:52:50] <+Nym_Gibran> "Or more to the point, he did leave Mariabronn on occasion didn't he?"
[20:53:10] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "I'm not really sure. I think he was born there. Mariabronn as a city didnt exist yet. At least not in its present state. That was all Anthony's doing. Oh yes he travelled quit exclusively."
[20:53:55] <+Nym_Gibran> ::nods:: "He was a strong supporter of the church as well?"
[20:54:01] * Cerebus has quit IRC (Quit: The server is rebooting, if I'm quiting ....)
[20:54:23] <~Bynw> disreguard that message from cerebus
[20:54:48] * Cerebus has joined #teara-adan
[20:56:07] <~Bynw> "Yes he was. A great patron of the Church. One of the reasons his canonizaion was so swift."
[20:58:54] <+Nym_Gibran> ::nods:: "And all of Mariabronn's culture is based on the matrix he created. It keeps his laws and expounds his thoughts so everyone can follow in his foot steps?"
[21:03:05] <~Bynw> "Basically. He created the matrix based off what he discovered at Kirsh." *Soltaari says* "The matrix there is the forerunner of all others."
[21:07:46] <+Nym_Gibran> "What he discovered at Kirsh? Explain."
[21:12:39] <~Bynw> "Anthony, before he was ever King of Abronn. He was of princely birth of the Adanian/Abronnian lines. Deryni of course, well trained and his power was just blossoming."
[21:13:29] <~Bynw> "He ran afoul of the Spectrals. So they imprisoned him in their fortress at Kirsh and forgot about him."
[21:15:50] <~Bynw> "Shortly after he was imprisoned at Kirsh. Something caused the Spectrals to abandon the fortress there and not return to it for more than 300 years."
[21:17:20] <~Bynw> "Anthony was 19 years old when the Spectrals locked him away is Kirsh's dungeons and then left the place to rot and it feel into ruins."
[21:20:41] <~Bynw> "a group of adventures, seeking fortunes in the haunted forest and ruins of Kirsh stumbled on Anthony's prison and freed him. He appeared to be in his 30s at the time. But he was really MUCH older. As he found out. 124 years had passed outside of his prison. He stayed at Kirsh for a while discovering some of its secrets then left the ruins to build Mariabronn. Declaring that Kirsh was a place of evil and despair"
[21:21:42] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods and seems to be taking all this in thought::
[21:21:56] <~Bynw> "The matrix of Kirsh discovered Anthony when the Spectrals had left. It kept him alive. It slowed his aging. It allowed him to leave the dungeon but not Kirsh itself."
[21:23:23] <~Bynw> "all of Anthony's accomplishments took place in a period of about 60 years AFTER he was freed from Kirsh."
[21:25:45] <~Bynw> "He discoved other matrices. Modeled after the one at Kirsh. And built 3 more like them. One for himself and 2 for his strongest allies"
[21:28:14] <+Nym_Gibran> "Where are the other two?"
[21:28:39] <~Bynw> "One is at Polaris"
[21:36:41] * Nym_Gibran invites you to join #Radio-Chat
[21:36:56] <~Bynw> "Strangely" *soltaari says, almost in thought* "They are always in mountain ranges"
[21:43:41] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at Soltaari's change of subject without fully answering his question, but says nothing on it:: "I believe I'm as ready to face the court of mariabronn as I ever will be. That is if they don't try to put us in irons when we land."
[21:56:31] <~Bynw> "hmmm. Perhaps. There is a matrix not far from you to the north and east in the mountains. There is Kirsh of course, Polaris, Mariabronn. There is on in the Einar's at Quiette Castle. One in Torr. It is suspected there is one in Utha or the mountains of Brennasharr. Kaec has one at least. I believe that there could be more in the south as well."
[22:05:36] <+Nym_Gibran> "Not far from me to the north and east in the mountains? You mean in Tennes, or in the Glass desert?"
[22:05:56] <~Bynw> "The Glass desert."
[22:07:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks surprised:: "I had no idea. What is it like? Who built it?"
[22:07:55] <~Bynw> *Soltaari shrugs* "I've never been to it. I just know it's there. And who ever built it also built Kirsh"
[22:15:05] <+Nym_Gibran> "Very interesting. I'll have to take a trip to see for myself sometime."
[22:16:06] <+Nym_Gibran> "But first it is time for me to make an appearance in Mariabronn. It is something that has been long in the coming."
[22:17:58] <~Bynw> *the rest of the day's trip goes without any breath taking events. as night falls, the ship can hear the bells of the Mariabronn harbor and the light of its lighthouse*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:23:34] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "It will be evening when we dock. The crew will probably remain on the ship through out its time here. Supplies will be unloaded and loaded and that will be the end of it. We on the other hand will leave and head for the palace."
[20:26:42] <Nym_Gibran> ::Begins packing his meager belongings as he talks:: "I am ready."
[20:29:28] <Nym_Gibran> "Will the royal family be dining when we arive then?" ::he says with a smirk::
[20:31:50] <~Bynw> *Soltaari gets on his Anadari robes, including the cloak & hood and gives another to his daughter* "Wear this. We will all be Anadari when we step off the ship. We will all be in rapport as well."
[20:32:49] <~Bynw> "I have no idea what time they sup Nym. But other than our own tight rapport with one another. We will keep our Shields close and tight. Nothing else in or out."
[20:34:55] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow at the robes given to Soltaari's daughter:: "Your an Anadari as well as a mage then?"
[20:35:41] * Kag_knee_toe has joined #teara-adan
[20:36:04] <~Bynw> *Tara slips on the robe* "Not at all. But I can fake it to some degree."
[20:36:09] * Kag_knee_toe is now known as Kagi
[20:38:21] * Kagi has left #teara-adan
[20:39:08] <~Bynw> *she pulls the hood up over her head, hiding her face from direct view* "See I look like an Anadari. I do have Shields. So I must be one."
[20:39:56] * svecica has left #teara-adan
[20:42:09] <Nym_Gibran> ::smiles at the woman as he too slips on his Anadari robe, though he keeps his leather travelling gear on under the outside robe as is his habit:: "Okay then. I think I'll go on deck and wait then. My stomach should be well enough for the short trip."
[20:43:30] <~Bynw> *the other two follow Nym to the deck as the three of them begin to slip into a light rapport. dusk has already hit and the lights of Mariabronn's harbor can be seen in the distance ... growing closer all the time*
[20:45:56] <Nym_Gibran> ::Stands in silent contemplation on his task ahead::
[20:47:22] <~Bynw> *as the ship nears the harbor, its a quiet and calm place for a harbor. most harbors are active day and night. and although this one is active it feels calmer and relaxed*
[20:47:41] <Nym_Gibran> ::To no one in particular:: "It seems my ken to bring change."
[20:49:53] <~Bynw> *several men are on the dock as the ship gently sails into it and the ship's crew toss down ropes to the men on the dock to secure the ship while it is in the harbor*
[20:50:26] <~Bynw> *nothing seems out of the ordinary save the peaceful tranquility that permeates the very air*
[20:52:16] <Nym_Gibran> ::Flips up his hood and walks the plank to debark. His shields strengthen and rapport deepens with his companions:: @@"The clam before the storm"@@
[20:53:56] <~Bynw> *soltaari and tara, already moving just ahead of nym* @@"indeed. they will not like the news that i bring"@@
[20:55:11] <~Bynw> *the 3 anadari step onto the docks from the ship and begin walking, with determined purpose, into the city and toward the golden spires that are the palace in the center*
[20:55:12] <Nym_Gibran> ::Ignores the dock workers, he hightens his senses psionically keeping alert. A certain sense of the feral, perhaps something in his eyes shows itself::
[20:58:23] <~Bynw> *the streets are clean and well kept ... there are some people on the streets and smile and nod at the anadari as they pass*
[20:59:24] <~Bynw> *slight brushes of their shields can be felt periodically as they make their way into the city from the docks*
[21:07:10] <~Bynw> *soltaari sends to the others* @@"we are either being toyed with ... or d'narr has realized just WHO we are and is ignoring us"@@
[21:09:01] <Nym_Gibran> @@"d'narr is the matrix?"@@
[21:10:59] <~Bynw> *soltaari* @@"no d'narr lives within it most of the time ... it's hard to explain"@@
[21:11:33] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow, but says nothing and keeps moving::
[21:12:58] <Nym_Gibran> roll 7df
[21:13:00] <@BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 7df and gets (-)(-)( )( )(-)(-)(+)
[21:14:54] <~Bynw> *soltaari* @@"d'narr is an evolved being, similar to those anadari who have passed on but can still communicate with us and be seen by us"@@
[21:16:59] <~Bynw> *in a quiet peaceful city, anything can be noticed without much difficulty. especially the sound of metal boots clanking on cobblestone. clearly coming toward the trio and to their left*
[21:18:26] <Nym_Gibran> @@"We have been noticed, our welcoming party approches. I'd like to see what they have to say."@@
[21:20:57] <~Bynw> *solaari turns to see the welcoming party. 5 men, in suits of shinning golden armor from head to toe with broad swords hanging at their sides approach them*
[21:21:59] <~Bynw> @@"bordah. we wont get much out of them. unless they are programmed and ordered to respond to us"@ *he remarks*
[21:23:32] <Nym_Gibran> ::slows, but doesn't stop. His body language is dismissive of the constructs:: @@"I've heard of something like them. They seem...wrong somehow. Like this whole place."@@
[21:24:14] <Nym_Gibran> @@"Seems a bit rude to send them though doesn't it?"@@
[21:26:36] <~Bynw> *the bordah approach the stopped trio while soltaari sends to the others* @@"Its not unusual for Mariabronn. And remember, we are invading their requested isolation. they don't seem to be armed with any staff weapons which is to our advantage"@@
[21:27:26] <~Bynw> *the 5 bordah scan the trio, hitting their tight shields ... more than once each*
[21:28:59] <~Bynw> *one of the bordah states aload, in an inhuman and faraway voice* ++You will come with us.++
[21:29:22] <~Bynw> *the other four take up positions, one in front, one behind and one to either side of the trio*
[21:29:46] <Nym_Gibran> ::Stops as the constructs scan him, but keeps his hood down over his face.:: @@"I guess they are the gate keepers as well. Let's see where they intend to take us."@@
[21:31:27] <~Bynw> *a shimmer of golden energy, coming from the 4 surround all of them before they resume walking ... under a moving wards*
[21:34:30] <~Bynw> *the group quietly moves the city streets. escorted by the bordah under the protection and confines of the ward*
[21:34:43] <Nym_Gibran> @@"Golden....must be trying to impress someone."@@
[21:35:54] <~Bynw> *soltaari* @@"something isnt right. i can feel it, taste it in the air"@@ *he stops walking*
[21:36:37] <~Bynw> *lead bordah* ++You will walk++
[21:37:57] <Nym_Gibran> ::His hand drops to his star sword at his belt. He has learned to trust the old masters hunches::
[21:39:11] <~Bynw> *soltaari* "You look like a bordah. but you are not bordah. i confess that it is a very good ruse, you almost had me." *he looks at the ward* "We are protected here from others learning of this fact within the city. Who are you and why are you disguised as bordah?"
[21:40:11] <~Bynw> *he looks at all of them in turn* "Yes all of you are not bordah."
[21:41:08] <~Bynw> *lead bordah* ++ You will walk in silence ++
[21:42:03] <Nym_Gibran> ::Sneers under his hood:: "You will answer his question changeling."
[21:44:06] <Nym_Gibran> ::Calls out to his companion Alex and asks that it to take a bird's-eye view and stand watch for anything coming to reinforce these things::
[21:44:24] <~Bynw> *soltaari holds up his hand at Nym* "I am an Anadari Master as is one of my companions and the 3rd is an Anadari apprentice. We are well skilled in arts beyond your comprehension. But since you wish to continue this ruse futher, you leave me little choice"
[21:48:16] <~Bynw> *soltaari holds out his right hand palm level and facing the ground and makes a small clockwise circle with it.*
[21:48:17] <~Bynw> *within seconds, a pedestal of gold (the same shade as the bordah armor) topped with a large shiral crystal in a dragon's claw shimmers into existance beneith his hand*
[21:50:19] <~Bynw> "I am no ordinary Anadari Master come calling. I can hear your heart beating in your chest and its beating fast. You recognize this, don't you." *Soltaari says*
[21:51:13] <~Bynw> *the lead bordah's head looks down at the artifact and then up to Soltaari and over to Nym and Tara.
[21:52:58] <~Bynw> *he then lifts his hands to his and removes the bordah helm. revealing that he is indeed human or Deryni* "M'Lord. We did not realize your importance" *he says with a bow at the neck* "I shall take you to the Council at once"
[21:54:02] <~Bynw> *as they resume walking Soltaari makes a quick opposite movement with his hand and the device fades from being*
[21:56:23] <Nym_Gibran> ::Raises an eyebrow under his hood and resumes walking following Soltaari::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:22:24] <~Bynw> *Nym, Soltaari and Tara have been intercepted by a squad of Bordah, Mariabronn's infamous psychic construct state police. but these 5 are not true bordah, they are men in bordah armor only.
[20:22:40] <~Bynw> *the group is escorted through the streets to the palace in a moving ward.
[20:23:20] <~Bynw> *clearly marking them as highly trained Deryni adepts .. which is fully expected within Mariabronn
[20:24:23] <~Bynw> *the lead bordah is with Nym and the others
[20:25:29] * TheDeryni has joined #teara-adan
[20:27:14] <+Nym_Gibran> ??have they removed their "helmets"? Can I see their faces??
[20:29:29] <~Bynw> !! the lead bordah removed his helm earlier and continues to have it off
[20:29:38] <~Bynw> !! the other 4 have not
[20:31:59] <~Bynw> (( #teara-adan-ooc ))
[20:32:52] <~Bynw> (( if anyone wants it ))
[20:34:10] <~Bynw> *the group walks in silence
[20:34:13] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Eyes the man in the lead for a moment and then speaks up:: "Where are we going?"
[20:34:57] <~Bynw> *lead bordah* "the council chambers master Anadari"
[20:37:31] <~Bynw> *looking out of the wards, one can just make out shapes of the buildings but nothing more*
[20:38:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks annoyed at the mans double talk. He continues enigmatically:: "Are you frightened?"
[20:41:31] <~Bynw> *He looks at Nym* "No. My emotion would be ... worried."
[20:44:30] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His bright blue eyes bore into the man's face.:: "I sense fear in you."
[20:47:12] <+Nym_Gibran> "What do you fear so, that you put on this deception?" ::he indicates the costume the man wears::
[20:48:27] * Savar has quit IRC (Quit: )
[20:49:42] <~Bynw> *the group begins going up a set of polished marble stairs*
[20:50:28] * Savar has joined #teara-adan
[20:52:01] * TheDeryni has left #teara-adan
[20:52:44] <~Bynw> "You are not from this land. Do not presume to know all about it." *he returns the stare at Nym*
[20:54:01] * TheDeryni has joined #teara-adan
[20:55:04] <~Bynw> *the stairs change to the tiles of atrium and there the ward is removed*
[20:55:06] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His lips twitch in a smile, but it is gone almost before it has come:: "Anger covers your fear even less well then your deceptions." ::he turns from the man's gaze::
[20:58:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He looks about him to take in his surroundings. His heightened senses miss little of the minutiae::
[20:58:08] <~Bynw> *the 4 helmeted bordah remain, motionless as their captain places his helm back on his head
[20:58:46] <~Bynw> *the atrium is beautiful ... ancient ... a work of art and reeks with power
[21:00:41] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His jaw slips for a moment and he stares gape mouthed at the beauty of the place, but only for a moment. Quickly he reminds himself the cost of such beauty and why he is here. His stoic expression returns in force and his jaw clinches::
[21:00:59] <~Bynw> ++ Through the doors ++ *the lead bordah gestures and speaks in the augmented voice that sounds inhuman*
[21:01:55] <~Bynw> *Soltaari's hooded head bows at the lead Bordah and he turns heads for the large double doors before him*
[21:02:27] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his eyebrow at the man for a moment, but turns and walks towards the doors indicated, pulling his hood back into place as he walks::
[21:04:24] <~Bynw> *Tara follows right behind and close to Nym*
[21:05:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::As he walks next to Soltaari and Tara:: "Lies and deceptions. Perhaps Mariabronn is not the place of wonder it once was?"
[21:05:37] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Things have changed. I can feel it, now that I am here."
[21:06:16] <~Bynw> *the doors open infront of Soltaari as he reaches for the handle*
[21:08:29] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his shoulders hunch for a moment and his head drops an inch or two as he tenses::
[21:08:34] <~Bynw> *beyond is another ornate chamber - wood paneling adorns the walls, carved with unending knots and other designs, some faintly glow.
[21:09:07] * Savar has quit IRC (Quit: )
[21:10:59] <~Bynw> *at the far end of the chamber, is a large half moon table. at the center in a high backed chair sits a man with a crown to either side are other men, including a bishop ... there are a total of 7 in all. definitely nobles of some sort*
[21:11:17] * Savar-alt is now known as Savar
[21:11:41] <~Bynw> *the doors close behind them*
[21:12:13] <+Nym_Gibran> ::After a moments hesitation he resumes his stride forward and into the majestic chamber, looking like a feral wolf walking through a dog kennel. His ruff and well worn leather clothing and unshaven face contrasts sharply with his surroundings::
[21:14:11] <+Nym_Gibran> ::As he nears the large table and group of nobles he stops and throws back his hood. He takes a moment to get a feel for the overall mood of the men and women across the table from him::
[21:15:29] <~Bynw> *they simply look at him, without any change of the expression or even a hint of acknowledgment*
[21:16:38] <~Bynw> *Tara has stayed close to Nym and is right behind him and to the right slightly while Soltaari walks up, as if it were any other privy council*
[21:17:45] <+Nym_Gibran> roll 5df+
[21:17:46] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 5df+ and gets ( )(-)(-)(+)(+) Good
[21:18:27] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his eyes scan their faces, locking eyes with each of them for a moment::
[21:20:19] <~Bynw> *Soltaari holds up his hand to Nym* "Do not forget your manners. We are guests here." *he says, his voice a slight bit deeper than normal*
[21:21:20] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to Soltaari. Speaks up, so his voice can be heard clearly:: "I am Nym Gibran. This is Master Soltaari, and this is Master Tara. We greet the island nation of Mariabronn."
[21:21:43] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he indicates each of his companions in turn::
[21:22:35] <+Nym_Gibran> ::As is his custom, he drops all the usual titles and pomp that are the due him and his companions::
[21:22:47] <~Bynw> *the man in the high back chair* "We know who you are Lord Gibran. Our own Anadari have provided Us with the information.
[21:23:42] <~Bynw> "You are to be congratulated for your work in bringing peace to Adan and Flora."
[21:25:45] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyebrows twitch in irritation at the man's cool reception and lack of identification, but it passes in a flash. He expected nothing less of these people. He lets silence reign in the hall for a moment to punctuate the rudness::
[21:27:14] <+Nym_Gibran> "I sense fear in you." ::he says enigmatically again::
[21:27:47] <~Bynw> "But your companions have deceived you. The Akasa brings us no knowledge on Master Soltaari. We only know of him through rumor and intelligence of Our agents in Adan."
[21:29:37] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He glances at Master Soltaari for a moment when he responds:: "Why would you need to know anything?"
[21:30:46] <+Nym_Gibran> "I have known for sometime Master Soltaari is more then he seems. I respect his privacy on the matter. I take him as he is, not as he was. Can you not do the same?"
[21:30:48] <~Bynw> *the man turn looks at Nym* "You may sense what you like" *he says while golden Shields flash visibly momentarily in a display of Deryni power and cutting off any thing Nym was sensing*
[21:33:26] <~Bynw> "We expect those who come before Us to be honest with Us. His deceit against you was not a moral judgment."
[21:33:44] <~Bynw> "Only a statement of fact."
[21:34:21] <~Bynw> *Tara drops her hood, revealing her long ebony hair and sweet smile as she looks at Nym*
[21:34:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::openly sneers and ignores this mans useless bickering:: "Your shields hide your fear less well then your anger. You have forgotten the face of your forefathers. Your powers can not hide you from what is to come."
[21:36:27] <~Bynw> "You are a pompus ass. Your bias and hatred of Us is no secret. Just as Our fear is no secret."
[21:38:14] <+Nym_Gibran> ::smiles at the mans outburst:: "I have no bias, nor hatred of you. Your fear is already clouding your thoughts. You are running from the truth in your mind even now."
[21:38:32] <+Nym_Gibran> "I do have bias and hatred though, this is true."
[21:40:28] <+Nym_Gibran> "Your crutch."
[21:41:23] <+Nym_Gibran> "Your religion, your gatekeeper. What ever you'd like to call it."
[21:42:45] <+Nym_Gibran> "I have heard of Anthony. I've heard he is a great man."
[21:43:20] <~Bynw> "Lord Gibran. Your actions do not speak well for yourself, your King or even your Order and House. Is this how the Empire extends welcome? With insults? With a rude and insolent Lord who is arrogant."
[21:43:23] <+Nym_Gibran> "And I've heard this from great men. The stories.....I would have liked to have met him I think."
[21:43:57] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He ignores the mans outburst, with a smile and continues::
[21:44:54] <+Nym_Gibran> "I suspect he would weep if he where to see what has become of his words."
[21:46:33] <~Bynw> *the man gestures as a couple of servants appear, bearing a tray of meats, cheese and bread and another of wine* "You must be famished from your journey. Do you have anything else you wish to say Lord?"
[21:49:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Sneers at the meat as if it crawls with maggots:: "Oh yes. Most certainly I do have much to say. But I'm wasting my time talking to you. Who is in charge here? And do not point to yourselves unless you can prove such claims. I would like to see who is really in charge here."
[21:51:49] <~Bynw> *the man in the high back chair looks at his companions* "We would be in charge here. We would think that the crown on Our head would be enough to let anyone know that We would be in charge."
[21:53:14] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles and again his eyes bore into the man:: "Of course you would."
[21:54:48] <~Bynw> "We are Richard Anthony Michelle D'nar Addams van Starra. King of Mariabronn."
[21:58:01] <~Bynw> *Tara takes some of the meats and a goblet of wine*
[21:58:06] <+Nym_Gibran> "I have heard that the Matrix here is modeled after Anthony's morality. Is that true?"
[21:59:28] <~Bynw> "Of course. The Matrix is an extension of Our patron Saint and King."
[22:01:14] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Forgive me for interjecting here Your Majesty. But this debate could run for hours as Master Gibran is very interested in Mariabronn. But your own Anadari as well as others might have sensed an event that took place recently"
[22:01:48] <+Nym_Gibran> "No it is not an extension on Anthony. Not at all. Anthony moved about the world and did great deeds. He brought light to dark places. He lived selflessly. I only see this in mariabronn's history. Not in it's present."
[22:02:30] <+Nym_Gibran> "You live in a shell, hiding from the world."
[22:03:18] <+Nym_Gibran> "You bring nothing to anyone but yourselves. You live only for yourselves."
[22:04:09] <+Nym_Gibran> "Anthony lived bravely and openly. You live in fear and cloak yourselves in lies and deception."
[22:05:08] <+Nym_Gibran> "Gluttons of your own self importance. Anthony was humble."
[22:05:34] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His face heats and colors as his ire rises::
[22:06:25] <~Bynw> *one of the others speaks up* "There was a disturbance that I felt ... just as the Anadari of Utha sealed their boarders and won victory against the Lich king"
[22:08:36] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His monologue interrupted, he settles a bit and his stoic composure returns:: "Yes. It is why I have come...this time."
[22:10:20] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he uses the even tones that indicate that he is quoting someone else:: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
[22:11:37] <~Bynw> *the unidentified man* "It was something dark and fearful .. but nothing we could discover when we sought after it in the Akasa"
[22:13:37] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he begins to pace back and forth. It resembles nothing but a caged animal at a zoo:: "The time has come for the Knights of Van Starra to return. Something sinister has awoken in Utha. You stood idle while the blood pool threatened to return. Now I have come to ask that you throw your fear of change aside."
[22:14:51] <+Nym_Gibran> "Michael has been defeated. I suspect that his compatriots have come to raise banners that should never be seen again."
[22:16:35] <~Bynw> *other man* "We are aware of your quest against McKone and preventing him from finding the Blood Pool. But it was hidden by the Spectral Magicians and the blood mages of Einar. Our presence wasnt required. It was in good hands Master Gibran."
[22:19:08] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Nym is correct however. The Knight of Van Starra must come out of isolation. And I wish to make direct contact with the Matrix."
[22:19:18] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes narrow:: "Your fear has blinded you. McKone returned to the blood pool. I was there. He is not the only one that returned to the blood pool. Your illusions and hiding crumbled."
[22:19:35] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Soltaari:: "So do I."
[22:24:22] <~Bynw> *king* "It was not our illusion or hiding. Master Gibran. As Our Knight has stated. It was the work of the Einarian blood-wizards and the Spectral Magicians. They were best suited to be the guardians of that wretched place. As for your request ... no."
[22:27:14] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Huffs as if to say he is not the least surprised at the answer:: "The adamant knights returned to the pool as well."
[22:28:20] <~Bynw> *king* "Neither of you have the discipline required to make contact with the Matrix." *he looks at Soltaari* "You must understand, this is for your safety"
[22:28:28] <+Nym_Gibran> ::stops pacing for a moment:: "Your afraid."
[22:29:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks to Soltaari to assure himself of his observation::
[22:30:38] <~Bynw> *Soltaari reaches up removes his hood. Long black hair with streaks of grey tumble out. His skin is darker with a birthmark or tatoo of pure black around his eyes like a lightning bolt*
[22:31:00] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks back to the man in black, his feet now firmly planted::
[22:31:29] <+Nym_Gibran> "We will make contact with the matrix."
[22:32:34] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "You can find no information from the Akasa on my person, because I have masked it. I am both an Anadari Master and I am a Spectral Magicain as well. I have made contact with the Matrix before and I know your namesake D'narr. Soltaari, is the Earldom given to me as a Spectral.
[22:35:01] <~Bynw> "But my other Titles are High King of Torr-Drachen. I am Jasper Temere von Drachen. And I know that something here is not right. As I cannot sense the Matrix as it was before the Anadari War. It is weaker and I will learn why!"
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:57] <~Bynw> *King Richard looks at Soltaari* "You are not Lord Temere. I am a student of history sir. Lord Temere died in the great wars more many centuries ago. You are not him."
[20:58] <~Bynw> "His death was not a rumor. It was well confirmed by multiple sources." *the King flatly states*
[20:58] <~Bynw> *Tara steps closer to Nym touching his arm*
[21:00] <~Bynw> *Soltaari nods* "What you say is indeed true. However I will offer you the following as proof of my credentials."
[21:00] <Nym_Gibran> ::his eyes slide to Tara for a moment and then back the King::
[21:02] <~Bynw> "Only the Royal family of Abronn can grant to their favored allies the Imorphicon Transverter. Which, aside from the Matrix itself, is Mariabronn's most powerful artifact."
[21:03] <~Bynw> "It is also a fact of history, that only Saint Anthony himself and his son Iccarus, have been the only King's to give this artifact to any ally." *Soltaari says staring right into the heart of the King who sits and listens*
[21:03] <Nym_Gibran> ::His eyes drift, as he takes a look at the other lords assembled in the room with Richard::
[21:07] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "And your vaulted knowledge of history, O Lord King. Should tell you that they did indeed give the Imorphicon Transverter to the Lady Icereces and her husband the Sainted Lord Marshawl, the Red Sorcerers of the southlands, who may indeed still be alive given her heritage and to myself as I claim to be"
[21:12] <~Bynw> *Soltaari stretches out his right hand, palm to the floor and makes a small clockwise circle motion with it about waist high above the floor*
[21:13] <~Bynw> *once the circle is completed, a large golden pedistool appears under his hand in the basic shape of a dragon, whos open jaws holds a large crystal ball of an amber color*
[21:13] <~Bynw> *there are gasps from the assembled Lords ... the King sits back in his chair, looking in almost awe at the artifact now before him*
[21:14] <~Bynw> "Your own history and lore should tell you. that this device cannot be stolen." *Soltaari states before the king*
[21:16] <~Bynw> *he makes a counter clockwise motion with his hand, causing the device to fade from existence* "Now. I wish to know why the Matrix is different from how it should be ... " *Soltaari says in a calm tone*
[21:16] <Nym_Gibran> ::bristles with frustration, one could almost imagine him growling::
[21:20] <~Bynw> *King Richard rises from his throne and steps around the table before him. Followed by 2 of his lords*
[21:21] <~Bynw> "We are honored to receive you as Our guest once again Lord Temere. Although We are confused on how we can be honored in this fashion as your death was recorded centuries ago."
[21:22] <Nym_Gibran> ::Tries not to sneer as he speaks:: "I've lived a fraction of the time Master Solta...Temere has and I've been thought dead at least once."
[21:22] <~Bynw> *The King's men silently move ahead and open the door leading the group of nobles through the palace*
[21:23] <Nym_Gibran> ::he pulls down the cloth at his neck to reveal a pink scar that rings his neck, obviously from a rope::
[21:24] <Nym_Gibran> "Don't believe everything you hear."
[21:24] <Savar> brb switching computers
[21:24] * Quits: Savar (Quit: )
[21:24] <~Bynw> *King Richard* "You were thought to be dead with the Florantines left you at the end of that rope Lord Gibran. On the other hand Lord Temere was dead. Confirmed, a corpse."
[21:25] <Nym_Gibran> ::chuckles at this man's gulibility:: "A master in the order of the Spectral mages has many tricks I'm sure."
[21:26] * Joins: Savar
[21:26] <Nym_Gibran> "I can understand your confusion, but it wouldn't be hard to mold a corpse to look a certain way."
[21:26] <~Bynw> *the party winds its way through the palace, upstairs and downstairs and through a few corridors before arriving at another set of double doors*
[21:27] <~Bynw> *the air around the doors reeks with power and energy, it can be Felt and Seen ... just as it can in Polaris*
[21:28] <Nym_Gibran> "History is often written by the victor's in a conflict.....we are near. I've talked with the matrix in Polaris. This is simular."
[21:29] <~Bynw> *one of the other lords* "the matrix of Master Krow was modeled after the one beyond this door"
[21:29] <Nym_Gibran> @@::to Soltaari/Temere:: "Where is this apparition you spoke of? The one that stays close to the matrix here?"
[21:30] <Nym_Gibran> @@
[21:30] <~Bynw> @@ ::replies:: "D'narr?" @@
[21:31] <Nym_Gibran> @@"Yes. I'm interested in how it fits into all this."@@
[21:31] <~Bynw> *the king comes before the door, placing his hands on it as he speaks* "The chamber has been sealed to all but those of who are blood descendents of the House of Van Starra"
[21:32] <~Bynw> *the door opens at the King's touch and he turns to one of the lords* "Guard us well."
[21:32] <~Bynw> *the King, one of the lords and the party enter the chamber beyond*
[21:33] <~Bynw> @@ "he's just who i've always talked too before" @@
[21:34] <Nym_Gibran> @@"D'narr, is part of the kings name. Relation?"@@
[21:35] <~Bynw> *the chamber is larger than a great hall. the floor is holds a mosaic of gold showing no distinct pattern*
[21:36] <~Bynw> @@ "No, its in the place of honor in his name. the name of a friend" @@
[21:39] <~Bynw> *Soltaari knells down at the edge of the mosaic* "So much power here ... and history" *he reaches out his hand to touch the floor and withdraws it, standing with a start*
[21:39] <Nym_Gibran> ::Takes a good look around the chamber. He has pondered this day for years. He drinks in every detail, using his heightened senses to perceive::
[21:39] <~Bynw> *Nym can feel power here ... but it is unfocused ... while Polaris is focused in comparison*
[21:40] <~Bynw> !! perception roll
[21:40] <Nym_Gibran> ::He continues walking after the other have stopped, distancing himself from the others and moving to the center of the large chamber::
[21:40] <Nym_Gibran> roll 7df+
[21:40] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 7df+ and gets ( )( )( )(-)(-)(+)( ) Good
[21:42] <Nym_Gibran> ::As he moves to the center of the room he slows, his concentration seems to focus on something::
[21:42] <~Bynw> *Soltaari turns the the king* "My god. Thats it but not it. What have you done?"
[21:43] <Nym_Gibran> ::He takes a knee and his hand caresses the floor, then over his shoulder:: "Something is missing here. What is this mosaic on the floor?"
[21:44] <~Bynw> *the king* "History tells us, that Parshawll removed the central brick just prior to the Anadari Wars. We lost the matrix that day and withdrew into isolation. Letting the Abronn mainland fall to any of our lords which wanted to rule with autonomy."
[21:45] <Nym_Gibran> ::His slowly extends his hand and touches the floor at his feet, closing his eyes as he does::
[21:45] <~Bynw> "The mosaic is whatever the matrix wants you to see" *Soltaari says over his shoulder*
[21:46] <~Bynw> *power floods through Nym's body sending him flying backwards ... raw, unfocused pure psychic energy*
[21:47] <Nym_Gibran> ::Lands with a grunt on his back, his eyes blink rapidly in an effort to focus them::
[21:48] <~Bynw> *the king looks over at nym briefly as the other lord goes to help nym to his feet*
[21:49] <Nym_Gibran> ::With a hand to his head he sits up and rolls his head to crack his neck:: "Near limitless power. A youth. The brick. I've seen it."
[21:50] <Nym_Gibran> ::Let's the nameless lord help him up:: "Thank you." ::he nods to the man::
[21:51] <~Bynw> "Our forefathers knew that without the matrix we could be in danger of an invasion. so they took steps to insure our people's survival. the "matrix" you sense today, is that of all the people of mariabronn in a constant low level rapport. we are born into the rapport now after centuries. and our people remain protected."
[21:52] <Nym_Gibran> ::To the king:: "And why have you not contacted Polaris? Asked for our help?"
[21:53] <~Bynw> *Soltaari looks out across the mosaic to the center* "I remember Parshawll having some sort of theory. He was warned against it. He took Mariabronn down ..." *Soltaari turns back to the King* "He did the same with Quiette Castle before his disappearance as well. Then all hell broke loose."
[21:55] <~Bynw> *King to Nym* "At the time Polaris was besiged by the Dark Anadari from all sides. Afterwards, the Anadari have been so limited in number what could they do? Our own cannot do anything about it. No one was alive that knew anything about the matrix here or there."
[21:56] <Nym_Gibran> ::He eyes the king:: "It can not be healthy for newborns to be subjected to a group mentality like that. It would seem to me that it would leave much less room for individuality to be developed. Have you had problems?"
[21:57] <~Bynw> *Soltaari walks to the center of the chamber and knells down, this time placing his hands on the cool floor*
[21:57] <~Bynw> *King* "None at all. We are Deryni.
[21:59] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Everything seems to be intact. Just know way to control or focus the power, without great difficulty anyway. Could a new central brick be created? I think that is what Parshawl was working on at the time of his disappearance." *he says coming back to the King*
[21:59] <Nym_Gibran> ::He sneers at the answer:: "Your inbreed physically as well as mentally here. Tucked away on your island. Your afraid. Afraid to change. Dark Anadari haven't laid siege to Mariabronn for untold years."
[22:00] <Nym_Gibran> "Things have become clearer to me."
[22:01] <~Bynw> "That is because they fear us and the power of the matrix. Something we keep in the minds of everyone outside of Mariabronn"
[22:02] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "With the help of the 2 matrices still operational. We might be able to craft a new central brick and bring Mariabronn back and even Quiette Castle once it's restored." *Soltaari suggests*
[22:03] <Nym_Gibran> @@::To Soltaari:: "Are you sure it's even a good idea to patch the matrix back together? These people have near lost the ability to think for themselves. They are in a sad state. Do they really need a matrix telling them what to do and think or should they learn to think for themselves again?"@@
[22:05] <Nym_Gibran> @@"Perhaps they are better off without the matrix. It seems that what they need is to let go of all the illusions and fears they have built for themselves. More then ever this island is a prison they have built for themselves."@@
[22:05] <~Bynw> @@ "My instinct tells me that it is more than important to have this matrix restored. On a personal note, I believe D'narr maybe trapped within it"
[22:06] <~Bynw> @@ "they do need to come out of isolation. but to do so requires strength of arms which is the matrix" @@
[22:07] <~Bynw> *King* "Lord Temere. Besides your own and that of Polaris. There is a 3rd matrix still operational"
[22:07] <Nym_Gibran> ::eyes the king and then Soltaari at the mention of a matrix in Soltaari's possession::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:51] <~Bynw> *the Mariabronn King has stated that there is a 3rd working matrix besides the one in Polaris and the one owned by Soltaari. This causes Nym to eye the Anadari Lord*
[20:51] <~Bynw> *Soltaari looks at King Richard* "Where is the 3rd one?"
[20:53] <~Bynw> *King Richard* "Kaec"
[20:55] <~Bynw> *Soltaari nods and looks at his two companions for a moment* "Sire, We seek rest. It has been a long journey here and quite tiring."
[20:55] <+Nym_Gibran> ::raises his eyebrow at Soltaari, but holds his tongue::
[20:56] * Quits: otter (Connection reset by peer)
[20:56] <~Bynw> *the king nods* "See to their accomidations" *he says to one of the Anadari with him*
[20:57] * Joins: otter
[20:57] <~Bynw> *within minutes the trio is escorted to a suite of connecting appartments in the palace where they can rest and are left alone*
[20:57] * Joins: Spunky
[20:58] * Parts: Spunky
[21:00] <~Bynw> *once inside the chamber Soltaari looks around it for a few minutes, quietly pacing the shared room* "We are alone and we may speak freely here"
[21:02] <+Nym_Gibran> ::remains calm, but his voice is a bit clipped:: "Are you mad?"
[21:03] <~Bynw> *Soltaari sits down in one of the stuffed chairs* "Maybe ... "
[21:04] <+Nym_Gibran> "Why on earth would you mention to that man that we might be able to fix the matrix?"
[21:04] <+Nym_Gibran> "Did you not see what has become of Anthony's dream?"
[21:06] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "Why ... because it might be possible. Only the central brick is missing. But replacing that with a new central brick maybe a nigh impossible task anyway. But remotely possible"
[21:08] <+Nym_Gibran> ::sighs with a look of resignation:: "I'm sorry, but I will not be a part of returning these people to a state of stagnation."
[21:08] <+Nym_Gibran> "They are on the verge of evolution."
[21:09] <~Bynw> "Returning? These people are in stagnation now due to their isolation"
[21:09] <+Nym_Gibran> "Yes they are. But returning them their precious matrix will not cure that."
[21:10] <+Nym_Gibran> "They are in stagnation, but without the matrix it is unstable. They will be forced to evolve into something greater."
[21:10] <+Nym_Gibran> "The matrix is a crutch. It always has been."
[21:11] <+Nym_Gibran> "Like a drug, it only clouds their minds."
[21:12] <~Bynw> "The matrix is not a tool. It is an entity, a living thing. We are condeming it to death by not acting on it. Besides D'nar maybe trapped within it."
[21:12] <~Bynw> "And the Bordah will be needed."
[21:13] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods:: "You maybe right about the matrix and D'nar. We will need to do something. But I do not like the idea of returning the bordah."
[21:15] <+Nym_Gibran> "Wars if they must be, should be fought by men. It makes it like a game to use those things. To easy, to bloodless for Mariabronn. Too easy to take life without paying the price of the deed. Too easy to make war."
[21:16] <~Bynw> *Soltaari closes his eyes* "Without the matrix and the bordah to protect them. Mariabronn will die. Every last man, woman and child. They will be extinct."
[21:16] <~Bynw> *he opens his eyes and looks at Nym*
[21:16] <+Nym_Gibran> "How do you know?"
[21:17] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his eyes narrow and he seems to be studying Sotaari's face, and body language::
[21:17] <~Bynw> "A vision I saw within the Akasa late last year. The other senior council members are aware of my visions. That is why I came here."
[21:19] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his jaw muscles stand out in his cheeks as he clinches his jaw, his face is thoughtful::
[21:21] <~Bynw> "I will teach you to open your senses more, make you even more aware of things. But when I look around with my Sight ... I See threads of darkness weaving there way through the very fabric of all that we hold dear."
[21:23] <+Nym_Gibran> ::scratches at the bristles on his face:: "I will not dispute your vision. You've never shown me reason to. If we return the matrix to operation these people will never see beyond their own fears."
[21:24] <~Bynw> "That is a big IF." *Soltaari says* "I dont know that its even possible."
[21:25] <+Nym_Gibran> ::nods:: "When I touched the matrix I felt that it's power is still there, just unfocused."
[21:26] <~Bynw> "Yes. The central brick is the focus. Almost the soul. Stolen by Parshawl."
[21:26] <+Nym_Gibran> "The Akasha drew me here. It maybe that I have a part to play here. If the matrix is slumbering or something like it. I might be able to help."
[21:27] <+Nym_Gibran> "We maybe able to find the brick as well."
[21:27] <+Nym_Gibran> "Or make a new one."
[21:28] <~Bynw> "I am thinking the latter more than the former Master Nym." *Soltaari says looking at him* "Those threads of darkness touch you as well"
[21:28] <~Bynw> *tara gasps abit and then remains silent sitting in another chair watching and listening to the exchange*
[21:29] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his brow crinkles in thought and he shoots her a glance:: "I can do only what I can. I am only a man in the end. But I can spare no thought to fears of the future. What will be will be."
[21:31] <+Nym_Gibran> "If we make a new brick should we return the matrix to exactly the way it was?"
[21:31] <+Nym_Gibran> "Or perhaps their is a middle ground in our argument Master Soltaari."
[21:32] <+Nym_Gibran> "We could limit the matrix. Make it more like the one in polaris."
[21:33] <~Bynw> "I tried to follow them once ... " *he says almost to himself, a bit lost in his own thoughts* "... but they get finer and finer and then vanish altogether when sought after directly."
[21:34] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his eyebrow arches as he listens to Soltaari::
[21:35] <~Bynw> *he looks back at Nym* "What were you saying? I was lost there in thought for a moment"
[21:38] <+Nym_Gibran> ::looks a bit concerned, but continues:: "We could take the oppertunity to remake the matrix here more passive, like the one in polaris. More like a vessel of knowledge."
[21:39] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "There are 2 impossible things happening right now. One. I am here, alive when I should not be since I died centuries ago. And there is Knight of Bindar in the Glass Desert. Both of these things ... frighten me."
[21:39] <~Bynw> "oh yes ... if we replace the central brick with a new one, the matrix will be different. somekind of shift in personality"
[21:43] <+Nym_Gibran> ::for the first time in since landing on mariabronn, he laughs:: "Master Soltaari, it seems self evident that your being here and the Knight of Bindar are related. What can be done though? They play out their games through out time and space. It would lead us to an insane spiral of self doubt to try to stop them unless we know what they are doing first."
[21:44] <+Nym_Gibran> "If the Matrix has a shift in personality, then I would think it no longer really represents Anthony. All the more reason to limit it's abilities, duties, what ever you call it."
[21:45] <~Bynw> *Tara* "I for one, am glad that you are here father. It doesnt frighten me at all. It fills me with such joy that I cannot express it words." *she says with a tears in her eyes*
[21:45] <+Nym_Gibran> ::smiles at Tara for a moment::
[21:46] <~Bynw> *she smiles back with a slight blush*
[21:46] * Savar is now known as Savar-afk
[21:48] <+Nym_Gibran> "Why do we not ask the knights of bindar for help?"
[21:50] <~Bynw> "Because if the Knights of Bindar do anything other than watch with childlike curiosity ... I fear for the future."
[21:52] <+Nym_Gibran> ::raises an eyebrow:: "Perhaps they already have. You are here Master Soltaari a man from the past. They are known for being able to shift time. You see where I am going with this thinking?"
[21:54] <~Bynw> *he thinks for a moment* "It is possible, that I am here because they caused that event to happen. They are more than just Anadari. They are also all powerful sorcerers"
[21:54] <+Nym_Gibran> ::begins pacing the room, thinking:: "Your vision of the death of mariabronn leave no other road to take then the complete restoration of the matrix?"
[21:54] <+Nym_Gibran> ::stops and looks at Soltaari::
[22:01] <+Nym_Gibran> roll 4df
[22:01] <+BoxCars> Nym_Gibran rolls 4df and gets ( )(-)( )( ) Mediocre
[22:02] <~Bynw> "Mariabronn's survival depends on it. Without the matrix here, they will die. Mariabronn is not alone in that vision. The dark shadow that kills mariabronn enslaves Adanac, crushes Polaris, and burns Halifax and Channist to the ground."
[22:06] <+Nym_Gibran> ::blinks several times quickly and peers closely at Soltaari for a moment, searching for something::
[22:07] <+Nym_Gibran> "This shadow, it is part of these dark threads you spoke that entangle me?"
[22:07] <~Bynw> "I think they are related. But at this point I am not sure."
[22:11] <+Nym_Gibran> "I've seen them too."
[22:12] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Waits to see Soltaari's reaction::
[22:12] <~Bynw> *Soltaari arches an eyebrow* "You have?"
[22:13] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods slowly:: "Just now, when I looked at you. They entangle you."
[22:15] <~Bynw> "Ah ... I know. I've seen them myself. Those were the ones I attempted to follow back to their source."
[22:19] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he continues:: "I will help you return the Matrix, but I see no reason to return it to it's original state. If the island of Mariabronn needs the matrix to defend itself then that is all that the matrix should do in my opinion."
[22:20] <+Nym_Gibran> "It's other, former duties are not needed. I see no reason to place that much power in the hands of something that we are tampering with. Besides my opinion, it's dangerous."
[22:22] <~Bynw> *he smiles at his daughter* "Find some ink and paper and leave the good King a note. We have business elsewhere which aquires are attention and that we will send other Anadari in Our stead. And formally sign and seal it"
[22:22] <~Bynw> *our
[22:25] <~Bynw> *Soltaari looks at Nym* "We are leaving"
[22:25] <~Bynw> *he rises from his seat while Tara puts a quill to paper at a nearby table*
[22:25] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Tilts his head a bit and extends his hand:: "Are we agreed then?"
[22:27] <~Bynw> "I dont know how much control we will have over the process.
[22:27] <~Bynw> "
[22:29] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Drops his hand:: "Then I make no promises other then I will try."
[22:29] <~Bynw> "I do not wish to make a promise to you Nym that cannot be kept. I don't yet even know if this is possible. But with 3 working matrices, it might be."
[22:31] <+Nym_Gibran> ::nods:: "I understand Master Soltaari. I bear you no ill will for your honesty. But like yourself, I will not make promises I may not be able to keep. For now I am here to help, if that changes you will be the first to know."
[22:32] <+Nym_Gibran> ::his mouth quirks in a half smile:: "We are off to Kaec then?"
[22:32] <~Bynw> *Tara comes upto the men* "Its all signed and sealed father on the table."
[22:33] <+Nym_Gibran> "I am interested in the matrix in the glass desert and your promise to increase my senses. Perhaps we can speak on the way."
[22:34] <~Bynw> *Soltaari shakes his head* "Not quite yet. Kaec must be entered properly. Their lands are warded against intrusions. Even mundane visitors must travel to specific ports at specific times with proper invitations of their High Lords"
[22:34] * Savar-afk is now known as Savar
[22:36] <+Nym_Gibran> "Where do you have our feet pointed towards then?"
[22:37] <~Bynw> "The Glass Desert first. We have a Knight of Bindar to relieve. Unless you want to keep him there over your apprentices."
[22:38] <+Nym_Gibran> "Not particularly, no. I might have a few questions for Vor'en Terboh myself."
[22:40] <~Bynw> "Then we shall be on our way." *Soltaari says drawing his great sword from nowhere, and cutting a doorway in the air as if cutting a doorway in Warded Circle*
[22:40] <+Nym_Gibran> ::raises an eyebrow at the man's seemingly endless bag of tricks and surprises::
[22:41] <~Bynw> *a faint blue sparkle remains in the air traced by the sword*
[22:42] <+Nym_Gibran> "This will take us to the Glass desert?"
[22:43] <~Bynw> "Of course." *he says stepping through the doorway in the middle of the room and vanishing*
[22:43] <~Bynw> *Tara takes Nym by the hand* "Let's go"
[22:44] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Smiles at Tara and follows her through the doorway::
[22:45] <~Bynw> *On the otherside they are in Nym's private quarters within his stronghold in the Glass Desert. Vor'en is there and welcomes them back.*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

[20:51:57] <~Bynw> *Nym, Soltaari and Tara have returned to the Tri-Sun fortress by magic. Directly into Nym's chambers where they are greeted by 'Nym' himself*
[20:53:40] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Nods to himself:: "Master Terboh. I believe I'm here to stay for a bit. How are things in my absence?"
[20:55:15] <~Bynw> *The Knight of Bindar shifts his form back to reveal his elven features.* "Things have gone well. I trust your journey was fulfilling."
[20:55:52] <+Nym_Gibran> "Did you know what we'd find?"
[20:56:10] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he studies the mans body language and face::
[20:57:43] <~Bynw> *he pulls a small shiral crystal out his robes, carved into a 2" cube. his body language suggests nothing and his face reveals no emotions, only duty* "Perhaps. But I am not say."
[20:58:24] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "It was indeed fulfilling and enlightening. There are things which must be done."
[21:00:51] <~Bynw> *Terboh closes his hands around the cube and concentrates for a moment* "Do them for the right reasons and the right times Master Temere. Listen to the small voice of the Akasa"
[21:03:07] <+Nym_Gibran> ::bows at the shoulder to Master Terboh:: "Until we meet again. I have a feeling we will."
[21:03:28] <+Nym_Gibran> "Thank you for minding my students."
[21:04:27] <~Bynw> "It was a joyous occasion." *he hands the shiral cube to Nym*
[21:06:07] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Looks skeptically at the cube, as if it where a poisonous snake:: "A gift?"
[21:08:03] <~Bynw> *Terboh shakes his head* "My people donot bear gifts, for they bind one to another. This is just a record of what transpired in your absence so you have no sudden loss of memory."
[21:10:31] <+Nym_Gibran> ::reaches out and takes the cube, a dubious look on his face still:: "Thank you again."
[21:11:19] <~Bynw> *the anadari master nods to Nym and makes a gesture with his hands simply fades from sight and Sight*
[21:11:49] * TheDeryni has joined #teara-adan
[21:12:01] <+Nym_Gibran> ::pockets the cube without viewing it::
[21:12:28] <+Nym_Gibran> ::he turns to Soltaari:: "What are your intentions, now?"
[21:13:30] <~Bynw> *Soltaari* "You will want to review that before seeing your apprentices my friend. I have research to complete."
[21:14:40] * db144 has joined #teara-adan
[21:16:13] <~Bynw> *he holds again the hilt of his great sword, from nowhere* "And the sooner I begin the sooner I can have more questions to ask as I am sure each answer I unearth will lead to only more questions."
[21:16:44] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Raises his eyebrow at Soltaari, a certain loss of trust is apparent after their argument at Mariabronn. He nods:: "Yes. I have much to think on, and my students need attending as well."
[21:18:06] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He bows at the shoulder to the Anadari Master:: "Until our paths cross again, on the way to the horizon."
[21:20:34] <~Bynw> "Not everything is as it seems. There are hidden layers to everything and everyone Nym Gibran. You still have great roles to play as the futures unfold for us both. The Horizon brings the dawn of Light." *he makes sweeping motion with the blade of his sword, cutting a doorway to another place in the very air before him*
[21:20:49] <+Nym_Gibran> "When you return, you spoke of training. I would be grateful if..." ::he trails off::
[21:22:33] <~Bynw> *Soltaari turns to Tara* "Shall we"
[21:23:09] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He looks at Tara:: "You are welcome to stay if you like Tara."
[21:23:12] <~Bynw> *Tara smiles and shakes her head* "I'll take the long way."
[21:24:12] <~Bynw> *Soltaari looks to Nym and back to Tara* "I'll see you at home when are journeys cross there again." *steps through the rift and it closes behind him*
[21:25:24] * db144 has quit IRC (Quit: db144)
[21:25:50] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Eyes Tara for a moment and steps close to her, takes her in his arms and kisses her::
[21:26:14] <+Nym_Gibran> "I've been waiting too long to do that."
[21:26:37] <~Bynw> *she returns the kiss* "I was hoping you would ask me to stay. Where's the roof to this place.?"
[21:27:52] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Chuckles:: "Follow me." ::begins moving off towards the upper parts of the keep::
[21:28:43] <~Bynw> *once on the roof she looks up at the stars overhead, as they have arrived during the night*
[21:28:51] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Over his shoulder as he moves:: "Depending on the time of day, it maybe dangerous for us to be outside. If a storm has brewed, it would be deadly."
[21:29:34] <~Bynw> "I may have greenhouse built here. It's very dry." *she says*
[21:30:37] <+Nym_Gibran> "I have been working on a plan to use the glass itself to build an underground greenhouse. Something that can grow some of the more hearty plants of Adan."
[21:31:07] <+Nym_Gibran> "And of course I've plans on cultivating underground mushroom fields."
[21:31:31] <~Bynw> "They need a damp warm place. I like the sound of it already."
[21:32:17] <+Nym_Gibran> ::smiles and pulls her close, staring at the stars with her::
[21:33:40] <+Nym_Gibran> "I have many plans for the fortress here. It will one day be a vast complex, with the above ground buildings being only a small part of it."
[21:34:44] <~Bynw> *she leans back against Nym* "Want to go flying? I hope your tricon companion doesnt get jealous ... they can become very attached"
[21:36:07] <+Nym_Gibran> ::grins:: "Iamar will just have to share, or find a mate. I would love to go flying."
[21:37:02] <~Bynw> *she smiles and stands up quickly grabbing Nym* "Good!" *she throws him off the roof*
[21:39:05] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Yells out at the sudden change:: "What the...ahhhh"
[21:40:20] <~Bynw> *she dives off just behind him and releases the spell holding her in the form of a human and shifts to that of a large female dragon with ebony black scales and catches him on her neck on the way down*
[21:40:51] <~Bynw> @@ "hi" @@ *she comes out of the dive and begins to circle skyward*
[21:43:05] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His mind races, his jaw gapes. On rare occasion he has been left without a whip sharp wise crack on his lips, this is such an occasion:: "Your...I mean...well...Hi."
[21:45:04] <~Bynw> *she climbs until the tri-sun fortress is a tiny thing many feet below them but she doesnt do more than circle it*
[21:46:51] <~Bynw> @@ "Not a lake to be seen unless one crosses the mountains or goes further north. How inhospitable." @@
[21:47:22] <+Nym_Gibran> @@ "This is incredable. Your...your beautiful. Master Soltaari too?"
[21:47:27] <+Nym_Gibran> @@
[21:51:02] <~Bynw> @@ *laughs* "He is inbetween us. His father was Draco while his mother was not. I'm adopted, my blood parents were slain by adventures seeking riches. They encountered myself and my brother as well however and thought to either slay us or enslave us. Father, Soltaari, saved us and adopted us into his family" @@
[21:52:48] <~Bynw> *after awhile she lands on the roof of the tri-sun fortress allowing Nym to slide off her neck*
[21:53:32] <+Nym_Gibran> ::Grins:: "Incredible." ::he calms his mind of the many questions he has, knowing he will have time later::
[21:55:26] <+Nym_Gibran> ::He drops to the ground:: "I choose the glass desert because it is inhospitable."
[21:57:08] <~Bynw> @@ "It drys my skin. I shall need to acquire some oils" @@
[21:58:34] <+Nym_Gibran> "Like a sword, a being must be forged. The glass desert will be my students Anvil. Their genesis."
[21:59:42] <+Nym_Gibran> ::smiles:: @@"Then you plan on an extended stay, good."@@
[22:00:49] <~Bynw> *she murmers a spell and reforms into that of a human and drops to her knees before Nym* "I wish to become your apprentice. To follow the path taken by my Father and my brother. It has been calling to me but I had not found the right Master, until a few days ago." *she lowers her head*
[22:00:55] <+Nym_Gibran> "I hear tell that some of plants in the desert hold the best healing sap in the world. A perfect oil I should say."
[22:02:56] <+Nym_Gibran> ::His eyebrows knit together and he extends his hand to her:: "Your first lesson is never feel the need to kneel before anyone. That is a gift for you to bestow, not used to ask for anything." ::he helps her to her feet::
[22:05:24] <+Nym_Gibran> "I accept you as my apprentice. You are my equal, never less." ::bows at the waist to Tara:: "It is an honor that you come to me searching for answers."
[22:05:51] <~Bynw> *she embraces him* "I am a princess you know ... with a sizable dowry." *she takes him back inside the fortress*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member