Episode 48

Started by Bynw, 06 November 2008, 10:29:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[20:00]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[20:00]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 48
[20:00]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[20:00]<Bynw> | Nym has activated the Southern Matrix.
[20:00]<Bynw> | A feat that has not been done in more
[20:00]<Bynw> | than 1000 years. Not since Saint
[20:00]<Bynw> | Anthony himself created the Matrix at
[20:00]<Bynw> | Mariabronn.
[20:00]<Bynw> |
[20:00]<Bynw> | As Nym begins to tap into the power at
[20:00]<Bynw> | his command, a visitor arrives at the
[20:00]<Bynw> | Matrix chamber. He is introduced by
[20:00]<Bynw> | Nym as Master Soltaari. One of the
[20:00]<Bynw> | Anadari masters that trained Nym.
[20:00]<Bynw> | However, this Soltaari is dressed not
[20:00]<Bynw> | in the robes of an Anadari, but in the
[20:00]<Bynw> | robes of the Spectral Magicians of
[20:00]<Bynw> | Adan.
[20:00]<Bynw> | Nym offers up a celebrational feast.
[20:00]<Bynw> | During the feasting celebration it is
[20:00]<Bynw> | learned that Tara is Soltaari's daugher.
[20:00]<Bynw> | A toast is made to House Horizon and
[20:00]<Bynw> | Soltaari offers a toast of his own to
[20:00]<Bynw> | the fledgling Anadari House. But chooses
[20:00]<Bynw> | to use a bottle of Golden Rye aged some
[20:00]<Bynw> | 900 years old.
[20:00]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[20:00]<Bynw> |         14th of Juni 464 NE
[20:00]<Bynw> |       Game Time: After Sunset
[20:00]<Bynw> |   Location: Southern Matrix Chamber
[20:00]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[20:01]<Bynw> * Soltaari sits at the round table with Daine to his left. Regan across from him and Tara to Regan's right.  Nym sits at Tara's right. To Regan's left is Llanth and between Llanth and Soltaari sits Risara. Leaving Taenor between Daine and Nym.
[20:01]<Bynw> * Golden Rye. A potent alcoholic drink of the Quarte. Each bottle is at least 700 years old and unfoturnately very rare, valuable and sought after. A single shot of it is enough to get a full grown man drunk. Two shots will have him passed out. But it takes a bit for the sweet tasting drinks effects to kick in. The glasses Soltaari was pouring contains 3 shots worth. And it is known to those that study such things, that Golden Rye's kick is
[20:01]<Bynw> caused by more than just alcohol. Some believe it may be even due to magic.
[20:02]<Bynw> *Soltaari pours a 2nd round for anyone who wishes to have their glasses filled although Taenor, Regan and Risira are slowly nursing their first glass*
[20:03]<Llanth> "Thank you, but no."
[20:03]* Regan puts his hand to his forehead and tilts his head.
[20:03]<Master_Nym> ::pours himself some wine into his empty glass and waters it a bit::
[20:05]* Regan sways against Llanth momentarilly and smiles up at him.
[20:05]<Regan> @@ Aíochta an maisigh siogairlín! @@
[20:07]<Bynw> *Risira nods off
[20:08]<Master_Nym> ::Blinks rapidly a few times and sways just a bit::
[20:08]* Regan turns to Tara: "You're pretty." and hiccups.
[20:09]<Bynw> *Tara smiles at Regan and takes another drink out of her 2nd glass*
[20:09]<Daine> ::seemingly without realizing he speaks in Valmari with a bit of a slur:: "Thhatss a very potent drink my friend, what do you call it again?"
[20:09]<Bynw> *Soltaari answers in Valmari* "Golden Rye ... good stuff."
[20:10]* Regan head slowly sways at Daine's question, then looks at Soltaari at he answer.
[20:10]<Regan> *the answer
[20:11]* Regan puts his elbows on the table and rests his chin atop of them.
[20:11]<Daine> ::Continuing in Valmari:: "I never heard of it. It dwwwarrrvennn?" ::he horribly slurs the last word::
[20:11]* Regan slowly closes his eyes.
[20:12]<Master_Nym> ::Sit stock straight, not moving, not speaking. His eyes glazed a bit he stares at his plate of food::
[20:13]<Bynw> *Soltaari takes another drink and licks his lips. We sways in the chair a bit.* "Surprisingly it was made by a ... human."
[20:13]* Taenor lightly mouths the edge of his glass, glancing around the room at the varying degrees of drunkenness.
[20:13]<Master_Nym> ::blinks::
[20:14]<Bynw> *one of the other aspects of Golden Rye is a hallucinagenic effect and some pretty wild dreams*
[20:14]* Regan breifly opens his eyes and looks around unfocussed
[20:15]* Regan stops at Taenor and winks.
[20:16]<Bynw> *Tara is opening and closing her left hand in front of her eyes ... going a bit unfocused as she does it
[20:18]<Bynw> *Soltaari holds up the bottle checking for anyone wanting 3rds ...
[20:18]<Daine> ::Stands up with a lack of grace, his chair topples backward at his hasty and graceless movement. He now speaks in broken Valmari sprinkled with words of Cana slurring the entire time, making it very difficult to understand him  :: "Oh." ::sighs:: "Sounds like myyy...inshhhi..initshhha...initiation to ummm the...the church. I had better...."
[20:18]* Taenor shakes his head a little.
[20:18]* Taenor stands and takes Daine's arm.
[20:19]<Taenor> "Sit back down, brother. You're drunk."
[20:20]<Daine> ::Slowly and carefully removes his gun belt and scabbard. Half stumbling he moves to the edge of the chamber and lovingly places them on the floor:: "I don't think theeeesss arrre a gooood idea for me rrrright now."
[20:21]<Bynw> *Soltaari looks back over at Regan, a bit slurred in his speech* "Yer not a drinkin' man ... are ya? You barely touched that glass ..."
[20:22]<Daine> ::Looks up and smiles at Taenor, then stumbles against the wall and falls to his butt. he begins laughing hysterically at himself::
[20:22]<Regan> "Itchs quite strongth."
[20:22]<Master_Nym> ::Sways. His head slowly turns towards Tara::
[20:22]* Taenor grins, and mentally pictures this for future reference.
[20:23]* Llanth shakes his head slightly as if to clear haze.
[20:23]<Bynw> *Soltaari reaches across the table for Regan's glass* "May I?"
[20:25]* Regan nods slowly
[20:27]<Regan> Roll 7df+
[20:27]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 7df+ and gets (-)(+)(-)(-)(-)( )( ) Fair
[20:29]<Master_Nym> ::Smiles at Tara, he speaks with a wisp of a slur and slowly:: "The rainnn fffeelss good....face. Two swords, one wwweapon..." ::his eyes flutter for a moment, he goes limp, and falls face first into his food::
[20:29]<Daine> ::Laughs hyterically::
[20:30]* Regan slides the glass to Soltaari, slowly
[20:30]<Bynw> *Soltaari takes his glass and sits back down ... slowly pouring its contents back into the bottle. he spills a little bit of it as his robes move exposing what appears to be a medallion around his neck. golden like Regan's but showing a different image on its surface*
[20:31]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Damn ... I spilled some of it."
[20:31]<Bynw> *Tara giggles and pushes Nym's face out of his food*
[20:32]* Regan points to the medallion. "What is that, Master?"
[20:33]<Bynw> *Soltaari looks down and moves the medallion hanging from his neck out of the way ... revealing a stain on his robes caused by the Golden Rye* "Damn ... its a stain. These robes are so hard to get cleaned."
[20:34]<Master_Nym> ::Fora moment he is unconscious, but he soon wakes with Tara holding his head:: "I donnna drrrink."
[20:34]* Regan slowly rises. "I mean the medallion that you are wearing." said pleasantly.
[20:34]<Bynw> *Tara shhhhs Nym running her fingers through his hair*
[20:35]* Taenor walks calmly over to the master and checks his pulse
[20:35]* Regan shakes his head as if to clear it.
[20:35]<Master_Nym> ::Leans against Tara and snuggles into her shoulder::
[20:36]<Taenor> "If you'll allow me, master. Just a moment."
[20:36]<Bynw> *Soltaari takes hold of the medallion and stares at it* "You'r right ... it's a medallion. I thought I grabbed the gorget this morning"
[20:37]<Regan> "There seems to be alot of them going around these days."
[20:37]<Master_Nym> ::Eyes Taenor for a moment as if it takes a few moments to sink in what exactly he is saying:: "Master Idge. How did you get here from the bottom of the ocean?"
[20:38]* Taenor just stares at him and blinks. Twice.
[20:39]<Daine> ::Stands up, his eyes unfocused he sways a bit and holds his hands at waist height, palms up. Dark Purple hand fire ignites in his right palm.::
[20:40]<Regan> "Is it another Matrix medallion, master?" he asks as he looks at Daine's handfire.
[20:41]<Master_Nym> ::Blinks and seems to look around as if he suddenly lost something, then seems to focus on Taenor:: "Did you see where my Master went Taenor?"
[20:42]<Bynw> "Of course it is Ethan. How do you think I got here???" *Soltaari says putting the cork into the bottle with some difficulty*
[20:42]* Regan raises an eyebrow and mouths the word "Ethan."
[20:43]<Taenor> "No, master, I didn't. I was just checking on you. You had passed out briefly. I was concerned."
[20:43]<Daine> ::His eyes focus on his left and a swirling white ball of frosty air appears there just above his palm. Wispy cold vapors trail up from it as if it smoked::
[20:43]<Taenor> "You hit your head pretty hard. Concussions can cause brain damage. That can be serious in our kind especially."
[20:44]<Master_Nym> ::Snuggles back into Tara's shoulder:: "I'm fffine. Thanks Master Ssssheer."
[20:45]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "The potatoes helped cushion the blow ..."
[20:45]* Taenor looks up and just shakes his head, grinning
[20:46]* Taenor walks over and leans against the edge of the table by Risira, flirting unabashedly.
[20:46]* Regan thinks for a minute then nods his head as if making a hard descision and pours a half glass/shot of the Golden Rye and drinks it.
[20:46]<Daine> ::A third ball appears near his chest level and between the two others, made of blue flame that does not smoke but burns brightly just the same. He chuckles, his eyes glazed but his attention focused just the same::
[20:47]* Regan smiles at Taenor and says "You could at least wake her up, you know."
[20:49]<Daine> ::For a moment the three balls stretch and twist around each other making a beautiful display, but in a fitful sputter, one after another, they extinguish themselves::
[20:49]* Taenor slides his chair over next to Risira's unconscious body [instead] and watches his brother's antics.
[20:49]<Daine> ::He frowns::
[20:50]* Regan smiles at the taste
[20:52]<Daine> ::His eyes focus on his hands now as he waves them back and forth infront of his face watching them intently::
[20:53]* Regan has quit ([cybertron.otherworlders.org] Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by TheDeryni)))
[20:53]* Regan (~TD@OWIRCN-e0e1cd10.ct.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:53]<Master_Nym> ::Looks to Tara:: "Why does my hair sssmell like gravvvy?
[20:54]* Bynw gives voice to Regan
[20:55]<Regan> roll 7df+
[20:55]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 7df+ and gets ( )( )(+)(+)( )(+)(+) Epic
[20:57]<Daine> ::Suddenly seems startled, his glassy eyes shift back and forth, his shoulders hunch. He slowly and gracelessly stalks towards the chambers shadows as if hunting or hiding from something it's difficult to tell::
[20:58]<Regan> Roll 5df+
[20:58]<BoxCars> Regan rolls 5df+ and gets (+)(+)(+)( )(-) Superb
[20:58]<Master_Nym> ::Yawns and blinks. Then sits back up with a bit of a sway. His hand reaches out and intwines with Tara's::
[20:59]<Master_Nym> "I had the strangesst dreamm. Was I ssleepin'?"
[20:59]<Regan> :: A sliver aura flares up around him:: "Merasha!" he points to the bottle.
[21:00]<Regan> *Silver
[21:00]<Bynw> *Tara smiles at Nym* "In the potatoes"
[21:01]* Regan flicks a knife into his right hand from up his sleeve as he grabs his staff and swings at the bottle from across the table.
[21:01]<Daine> "Badger!" ::He suddenly blares out in response to Regan though his eyes or head never shift towards him. He continues to stalk from shadow to shadow::
[21:02]* Regan stops his staff just before it hits the bottle...
[21:02]<Master_Nym> ::Sways back in Alarm at Regan's sudden movement:: "What are you...?!"
[21:03]* Regan gently, but purposely, pushes the staff into Soltaari's chest. "Are you mad!"
[21:03]<Bynw> *Soltaari reaches out grabs the bottle and replaces the cork once again* "That would be alcohol abuse ... not to mention its worth over 5000 in gold a glass."
[21:04]* Taenor busts out laughing
[21:04]<Master_Nym> ::Seems to sober up a bit, he speaks with just a hint of a slur:: "Regan have you lost you mind?"
[21:05]<Regan> "I don't care hoe expensive it is! Are you trying to...." turns to Nym:: "It contains merasha! Is he mad?"
[21:05]<Regan> *how
[21:05]<Daine> ::Mutters to himself quietly in Valmari as he continues stalking from hides in one of the shadows near the door::
[21:05]* Regan pulls back the staff a handspan.
[21:05]<Taenor> "Regan, sometimes in the training of proper Deryni, miniscule amounts of Merasha is used to heighten the senses."
[21:05]<Bynw> *Soltaari also cracks up laughing and answers Regan in between laughter.* "No I am not mad."
[21:06]<Taenor> "My dear brother, and yourself, have had more than enough of the drink to disrupt your abilities
[21:06]<Taenor> "
[21:06]<Master_Nym> ::laughs a bit with Soltaari::
[21:07]<Regan> "Oh, well excuse me! Someone neglected to mention that! What's next?  Flying Monkeys?" said angrily..
[21:08]<Daine> ::In broken Valmari, his voice a mess of slurring:: "Badgers!"
[21:08]<Daine> ::Darts from one shadow to the next::
[21:08]<Regan> "Okay, flying badgers then!"
[21:08]<Taenor> "Next thing you know he'll want flying badgers."
[21:08]<Bynw> *Soltaari looks into the shadows* "Flying battle badgers no less"
[21:09]* Regan turns to Nym:: "We you aware it contained merasha master?"
[21:09]<Regan> *Were you
[21:10]<Master_Nym> ::Nods heartily:: "Yes I detected a hint of it in the afffter tassste. I uused to carry merasha coated darts many yearsss back."
[21:11]<Master_Nym> ::To Sotaari:: "I think it was the perfect touch."
[21:11]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Merasha is one of the ingredients in Golden Rye. One of the few that we do know anyway. It's a good relaxing drink." *he looks around the chamber* "We are perfectly safe here to be slightly out of control. Have a seat please Regan."
[21:12]* Regan 's aura dissapates as he shakes his head in disbelief, but also in trust. "Very well. I apologize, Master Soltaari for my, um, aggressiveness just now." ::Sits down slowly::
[21:13]* Regan looks at Llanth. "Some help you are." he whispers....
[21:13]* Llanth shrugs and sways in his chair a bit.
[21:14]<Daine> ::Darts behind Soltaari, crouching and using him for cover. he continues in broken and slurred Valmari:: "You see the size...."::he trails off in mutters and seems not to even notice Soltaari is next to him::
[21:14]<Regan> "Don't talk too much there, elf." ::Shakes his head::
[21:14]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "In this chamber, with those doors shut. The Matrix activated and Nym wearing that medallion. Nothing can get in here without Nym knowing about it or allowing it."
[21:15]* Regan nods slowly in relief
[21:15]<Bynw> *Soltaari looks likes he is thinking* "Well almost nothing anyway"
[21:16]* Regan looks at Daine for a moment."Did you get the one that slipped down your pants, Lunkhead? " ::smiles::
[21:16]<Daine> ::Seems to notice Soltaari for the first time:: "You see the size of those damn Badgers?" ::darts off into another shadow without waiting for a responce::
[21:17]* Regan looks back at Soltaari:: "Alomost anything?"
[21:18]* Regan looks at Taenor and winks as he chuckles
[21:18]<Bynw> "Someone who is in control of another Matrix could force their way in ..."
[21:18]<Master_Nym> ::His eyes seems to be focusing a bit now. He Looks to Soltaari:: "What else can be done with the Matrix?"
[21:19]<Daine> ::Tales a seat and seems to be watching his hand again as he waves it back and forth::
[21:19]<Regan> "Alone, or with ompany?" he asks Soltaari right over Nym's words
[21:19]<Regan> "Sorry, master" too Nym
[21:20]<Master_Nym> ::nods and smiles at Regan::
[21:21]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Doing what we have done has driven men mad Nym. Becareful of it. Control and guide it, not the other way around." *Soltaari looks to Regan* "with an Army if they so choose to do so."
[21:21]<Daine> ::Walks calmly out of the shadows and re-takes his seat at the table. He again resumes eating heartily not saying a word::
[21:22]* Regan nods. "Chadwick might think of it."
[21:23]<Master_Nym> ::Nods slowly accepting Soltaari's words::
[21:23]* Regan points to Soltaari's medallion. "He has one."
[21:24]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "This Chadwick is the least of your worries. At least 3 of the Matrices are under Anadari control ... "
[21:25]<Regan> "Anadari control? And that is bad because?"
[21:25]<Bynw> "How long did it take you to replace the central brick? .... That is good."
[21:28]<Bynw> *Soltaari grabs his head for a moment* "Three glasses is a bit much to overcome. Especially at a distance."
[21:29]* Regan has quit ([cybertron.otherworlders.org] Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by TheDeryni)))
[21:29]* Regan (~TD@OWIRCN-e0e1cd10.ct.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[21:30]* Bynw gives voice to Regan
[21:33]<Master_Nym> "Three?"
[21:34]<Master_Nym> "You, House Horizon, and who?"
[21:35]<Bynw> "Polaris of course"
[21:35]<Daine> "It took us over a month to replace the brick. I thought the Matrix in Polaris obeyed no one."
[21:36]<Daine> ::He speaks in Cana, his voice slurring but better::
[21:38]<Master_Nym> ::Blinks:: "Why did Parshawl take the bricks?"
[21:41]<Bynw> *Soltaari sighs* "I don't know. Never got a chance to ask him why ... other than he could."
[21:42]* Regan mouths the word "Pashawl?" to himself
[21:42]<Master_Nym> ::To Sotaari:: "Did you replace the brick in your Matrix?"
[21:43]* Regan wonders how Soltaari would be able to get there if he didn't replace the brick, but decides not to ask.
[21:44]<Bynw> *Soltaari shakes his head* "No it was fully online"
[21:46]<Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "Van Starra of Mariabronn will come to the tri-sun fortress soon I think, or his representatives. I'm not sure what I will say to them."
[21:48]<Master_Nym> "You said Chadwick would be the least of our problems. Do you know something?"
[21:50]<Bynw> "I dont know if they will come or not Nym. But they are aware of this place." *Soltaari responds to the unasked question and then to the asked* "Because the druids of Kirsh are followers. Not leaders."
[21:51]<Llanth> "Then who was he following in the Warp Woods?"
[21:51]<Llanth> "Or when he decimated Regan's family?"
[21:52]<Master_Nym> ::Raises an eyebrow at Soltaari:: "Of who? The cult is in retreat, the empire holds the lands together again; Who could be strong enough to....."
[21:52]* Regan looks at Llanth in appreciation
[21:52]<Master_Nym> "One of the Lich's?"
[21:53]<Bynw> *he looks over at Nym* "I don't know"
[21:54]<Master_Nym> ::Nods in acceptance:: "Yes that is the question."
[21:54]<Master_Nym> "I have concerns about Alec."
[21:55]<Master_Nym> "We had a visitor at the tri-sun fortress. Lord Lancer de Croix."
[21:56]<Master_Nym> "I think he was running from Alec and I believe Alec gave him his final rest."
[21:58]<Bynw> *Soltaari looks at Nym* "Lancer came here?"
[21:58]<Master_Nym> "Not here, but to the tri-sun fortress, yes."
[22:00]<Master_Nym> "He said he felt his final death was near at the hands of an unknown person. Alec came shortly after him. Quite unexpectedly. He never mentioned what he was doing, but I believe he was hunting de Croix."
[22:01]<Regan> "Master Soltaari? may I ask a question when you're finished?" ::Looks at Nym apologetically, willing to wait.
[22:01]<Bynw> *Soltaari nods* "Anything else that Lancer said or did?"
[22:01]<Master_Nym> "He warned me to be careful of Alec." ::nods to Regan:: "Please, go ahead Regan."
[22:02]<Regan> ::Smiles:: "Why did you refer to me as Ethan before?"
[22:02]<Master_Nym> ::takes a drink of his wine and says nothing::
[22:03]<Bynw> *Soltaari to Regan* "You remind me of him" *and back to Nym* "Did he give you anything?"
[22:04]* Regan raises an eyebrow, but remains quiet.
[22:06]<Master_Nym> ::His face resumes his stoic look normal to him:: "Yes."
[22:06]* Regan looks at Nym

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member