[19:58]<Bynw> +---------------------------------------
[19:58]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 53
[19:58]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:58]<Bynw> | The Anadari have learned that the
[19:58]<Bynw> | Knight's of Bindar are making their
[19:58]<Bynw> | presense known once again. Moving from
[19:58]<Bynw> | legend to flesh. As Master Vor'en now
[19:58]<Bynw> | sits on the Anadari council in Polaris.
[19:58]<Bynw> |
[19:58]<Bynw> | Also there has been great news. A tribe
[19:58]<Bynw> | of the magical beats known as Tricon's
[19:58]<Bynw> | have allied themselves with the Anadari
[19:58]<Bynw> | houses. Providing the Anadari Knights
[19:58]<Bynw> | with both an intelligent companion,
[19:58]<Bynw> | a loyal steed and fast means of travel.
[19:58]<Bynw> |
[19:58]<Bynw> | The Anadari of House Horizon prepare
[19:58]<Bynw> | for their mission to Kirsh.
[19:58]<Bynw> |  Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:58]<Bynw> |         25th of Juni 464 NE
[19:58]<Bynw> |         Game Time: Sunset
[19:58]<Bynw> |  Location: Tri-Sun Fortress Courtyard
[19:58]<Bynw> |       End of Adventure Recap
[19:59]* Daine is packing a few essential things
[19:59]* Regan has quit ([cybertron.otherworlders.org] Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by TheDeryni)))
[20:00]* Regan (~TD@OWIRCN-f0b7ba60.ct.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:00]* Bynw gives voice to Regan
[20:09]* Regan sits on his cot in his quarters and looks at his allocated StarSword, then his staff and finally to his bow. He shakes his head. "Too many to move fast without a mount."
[20:10]* WarLord (~warlordbcm1@48DFF2.199311.0335D9.873D9D) has joined #teara-adan
[20:12]* Daine peaks his head into Regan's quarters as he passes by
[20:12]* Llanth can be heard saying "WOOO!" after a bright flash in the kitchen.
[20:12]* Regan looks up at Daine and smiles. "Brother."
[20:13]<Daine> ::Looks towards the kitchen with a start, then sniffs. Then looks back to Regan:: "Sounds like Llanth is practicing. Anyone figured out a way to get to Kirsh?"
[20:14]<Regan> "Well, the Tricons would be good. If we can Call them, that is."
[20:15]<Daine> ::Nods with a ghost of a smile:: "I thought they would only come to full knights? Going to try anyways?"
[20:16]<Regan> "Try? Yes. Succeed, I doubt it."
[20:17]<Daine> ::Shrugs:: "We can try though. I'm going to round up the others. You ready to leave yet?"
[20:18]<Regan> Well, my packing depends the the attempt to Call them, but I'm ready otherwise."
[20:19]<Daine> "I'll meet you in the courtyard." ::He nods to Regan and heads towards the kitchen::
[20:20]<Daine> ::Enters the kitchen, looking for Llanth:: " Llanth, what are you blowing up in here?"
[20:21]<Llanth> "Flambe!"
[20:23]<Daine> ::Looks confused:: "My pagan speech isn't very good. Is that some kind of elven dish?"
[20:23]<Llanth> "Look at how those onions are caramelizing."
[20:23]<Daine> ::Peers at whatever Llanth is cooking:: "Where's the meat?"
[20:24]* Llanth fans the flames out.
[20:24]* Llanth dips a spoon in and blows on the contents to cool.
[20:24]<Llanth> "Here eat this."
[20:26]<Daine> ::wrinkles his nose and peers at it for a moment:: "How do you remain strong living on this kind of food I will never know Llanth..." ::eats the contents of the spoon and chews::
[20:27]<Llanth> "See, good isn't it?"
[20:29]<Daine> ::slowly at first then with increasing vigor he nods approval and swallows:: "HA! Not bad brother. You'll make someone a fine bride someday." ::let loose with a deep belly rumbling laugh::
[20:30]* Llanth chuckles.
[20:31]<Llanth> "One day, I'll tell you about women."
[20:31]* Regan heads to the courtyard with his staff, Starsword and bow.....muttering all the way." He then stops as he hears laughter comming from within the fortress. "Must have laughed at Llanth covered in food."
[20:31]<Regan> "Good thing I ate earlier."
[20:32]<Daine> ::chuckles:: "Yes one day after you've had one I'm sure you will. Are you packed?"
[20:38]<Llanth> "A few things left I suppose."
[20:41]<Daine> ::Nods:: "I'll meet you in the courtyard, Regan and I are thinking of trying to call one of those Tricons."
[20:42]<Daine> "Damn good food Brother. You improving. Much better then the mushroom stew we had in the cave, eh."
[20:43]<Daine> ::Turns and heads for the courtyard::
[20:46]<Daine> ::Walks out into the courtyard, looking for Regan:: "Any luck Brother?"
[20:48]* Regan places his staff, bow and quiver on a bench and looks over the StarSword Michon provided, "Not just yet. Haven't tried yet. I think it might help if I activate this first. What do you think?"
[20:51]* Llanth finishes his cooking and goes looking for Master_Nym.
[20:52]* Daine shrugs
[20:52]<Daine> "Is that the Star Sword your going to keep?"
[20:52]* Regan rolls his eyes. "You could have fibbed just once you know." :: Smiles ::
[20:53]* Llanth knocks on the door of Master_Nym's chambers.
[20:53]<Bynw> *Tara is lying on the grass in the courtyard ... staring up at the sky*
[20:53]<Regan> "No, but mines not ready yet."
[20:53]<Bynw> *no answer from Nym's chambers
[20:53]<Regan> *mine's
[20:54]<Daine> ::Sniffs at Regan, but smiles::
[20:54]* Regan raises an eyebrow. "Did you?"
[20:55]<Daine> "Did I what? Make mine?"
[20:55]* Regan nods
[20:56]<Daine> ::shakes his head:: "No not yet. I need to study some of the books we found in the hidden library first. But I do know how to make the physical part of it."
[20:57]<Daine> "I will break with tradition in my design."
[20:57]* Regan smiles. "I would expect no less, Brother."
[20:59]<Bynw> *Tara sighs*
[20:59]* Llanth mutters "Now I wonder where he got off to?"
[20:59]<Daine> ::Notices Tara on the grass some ways away, gives Regan a nod to follow and approches her.:: "Hello sister."
[21:00]<Daine> ::Takes a seat next to her on the grass, sitting akimbo and dumping his pack next to himself::
[21:00]<Bynw> *Tara* "Hi. It's too dry here. I'm going to tell Master Nym to build a pool." *she still just lies out on the grass*
[21:02]<Daine> ::Nods:: "I do miss the ocean sometimes back in Utha."
[21:02]<Llanth> @@::To Master_Nym :: Are you available?::@@
[21:02]<Master_Nym> @@"Yes Llanth. I'm in the library."@@
[21:03]* Llanth heads to the library entering moments later.
[21:03]* Regan takes the pack off his back and sets it next to the bench.
[21:03]<Daine> "Regan and I are debating on calling for one of the Tricons, or trying to I mean."
[21:04]<Llanth> "Master Nym, ah there you are.
[21:04]<Bynw> *her eyes are closed* "Michon did that about an hour ago, he and his mount vanished after that"
[21:04]<Master_Nym> ::Looks up from one of the chairs used for meditation:: "Greetings Llanth. What is on your mind today?"
[21:05]<Llanth> "First take this."
[21:05]* Llanth offers Nym a plate.
[21:05]<Daine> ::sniffs and looks off into the distance as if he can somehow see Michon:: "Least he could've done is take one of us with him..."
[21:06]<Daine> "Any ideas how to get to this gate in the West Abronn territories?"
[21:06]<Bynw> *Tara* "Yes. I could magically transport us all there"
[21:07]<Master_Nym> ::Takes the plate from Llanth and breaths deepy:: "Smells delicious. This is quite the culinary masterpiece Llanth." ::Pauses to take a bite and hums with aproval as he chews::
[21:07]<Llanth> "Now lets talk about the construction of a star sword."
[21:08]<Daine> "Excellent! Looks like we're waiting on the elf then....again."
[21:09]<Daine> "Does there entire race move through life at the pace of molasses in fall?"
[21:09]<Bynw> *Tara sits up* "Elves? I think they are rather fast sometimes."
[21:10]<Master_Nym> ::Looks at Llanth with a smile, finishes chewing, then sets his plate down:: "Okay. What would you like to talk about?"
[21:11]<Daine> ::Looks at Tara with incredulity::
[21:12]<Regan> ACTION moves to the middle of the courtyard and closes his eyes. He breathes in deep a few times to center himself and then opens them again. He holds the StarSword in his two hands and positions it vertically in front of him. "Okay Ryan, Ethan. I need your help if you can." As the words leave his mouth, the StarSword comes afire with a bright sapphire-blue aura. Regan smiles. "Well, at least it's not pink." He then closes his eyes
[21:12]<Daine> "Perhaps it is just the Uthani then that move so fast."
[21:13]<Llanth> "How does one go about constructing a star sword?"
[21:13]<Regan> !df 4
[21:13]<ChanServ> Result: [-][ ][-]

• [21:13]<Daine> ::Looks over his shoulder back at Regan and his display of hand-fire::
    [21:15]<Master_Nym> "First you would need a physical component." ::Nym draws the dagger at his waist for example sake:: "Something for your power and will to concentrate on, in, and around."
    [21:16]<Master_Nym> "No ordinary object will do. It must be of exceptional quality and purity for the energies to properly flow and take hold."
    [21:17]<Master_Nym> "Each Star Sword is a reflection of it's owner. It is more then just a tool or a weapon. It is an extension of yourself."
    [21:18]<Master_Nym> "It grows in power as you grow in power."
    [21:19]<Master_Nym> "Then you must imbue the physical component with a piece of your essence. Many Anadari add some of their own abilities, powers to the Star Sword during the process."
    [21:20]<Master_Nym> "My own holds some of mine."
    [21:20]<Bynw> *Tara* "No I don't think the Uthani move fast. Given their Valimarian roots. Planning is generally a strong point in most of them."
    [21:21]<Master_Nym> "That is all. It is easier said then done I'm afraid. Not an overly complex process."
    [21:22]<Daine> "Bah! Too much planning if you ask me. Nothing gets done. Too much scheming and plotting."
    [21:23]* Regan opens his eyes as he feels something shift slightly around him. After a brief pause, a flash of silver light appears and a Tricon Stallion emerges right in front of him. Regan smiles as the Tricon snorts a friendly nod. The mount is a silky charcoal black with a pure silver mane, tail, hooves and horns. "Hello Rais."
    [21:24]* Regan frowns. "How did I know that?" Then smiles again.
    [21:24]<Bynw> *Tara laughs* "Then of course there are some who are men of action. Twan Do and Leopold were men of action. Nanncy, Icereses and Theodric were planners."
    [21:24]<Master_Nym> "The tricky part is imbuing the Star Sword." ::He sheaths the dagger:: "The library contains books on the subject. The Matrix holds some information as well. And I can teach you as well when we have time. But first you need the physical component."
    [21:26]* Regan smiles even wider as he seems to listen to himself. "Ah. I see." :: Pats Rais on the neck gently. ::
    [21:26]<Daine> ::Looks at Tara, his expression is thoughtful:: "I suppose you are right. But I am not like any of those people."
    [21:28]<Daine> ::He eyes Tara waiting to hear if she disagrees::
    [21:32]* Regan whistles low. "You are one handsome fellow."
    [21:33]<Llanth> "Do you think that we'll have a chance before we leave for Kirsh?"
    [21:33]* Regan releases the StarSword's power and sheaths it.
    [21:34]<Bynw> *Tara* "No you are more like Daine."
    [21:34]<Daine> ::Drops his gaze and goes to stand next to Regan, marveling at the Tricon:: "Beautiful Brother." ::Smiles at the Tricon and Regan::
    [21:35]* Regan smiles. "Yes, he is. Let's hope you are as fortunate." said in earnest and sincerity.
    [21:36]<Master_Nym> "Not unless you've already got your physical component and managed to learn the skill required to Imbue it, no."
    [21:38]<Master_Nym> "It's not strictly required that you construct the physical component yourself. I did not construct mine. You may want to keep your eyes open while you are away."
    [21:39]<Master_Nym> "It is required that you learn the ability to imbue the Star Sword though. Only you should have  hand in that part of it's construction."
    [21:40]* Regan moves to stand in front of Rais. The Tricon lowers his head to Regan. Regan places his forehead against Rais's forelock and closes his eyes.
    [21:41]<Daine> "I guess nothing left to it but to try myself then, eh?"
    [21:41]<Daine> "I'm glad you've found a moun....friend again brother. You seemed to miss your last one quite a bit."
    [21:42]* Regan 's head brushes against one of the horns. "Got to remenber those, huh boy?"
    [21:42]* Regan nods in the affirmative silently in answer.
    [21:42]<Daine> ::Takes a seat akimbo again, closes his eyes and concentrates, mentally calling out for a Tricon::
    [21:43]<Regan> "Good luck brother."
    [21:44]<Daine> !df 4
    [21:44]<ChanServ> Result:
  • [ ]
  • [-]
    [21:53]<Regan> :: Rais turns to look over in Daine's direction.
    [21:53]<Regan> ::
    [21:56]<Daine> ::In a flash of silvery light a large Mare gallops onto the otherside of the courtyard. She is a light grey color dappled with black, with socks of ebony at the bottom of her legs and matching ebony horns. She gallops towards Daine from across the courtyard::
    [21:57]<Daine> ::Pops up and into a crouch, his eyes hold a wild look, he begins jogging away from the mare but at a much slower pace::
    [21:59]* Regan tilts his head in confusion at Daine. "Daine? Brother?"
    [21:59]<Daine> ::As the mare closes he leaps and pulls himself up onto her back with a laugh and the mare bursts into a full gallop and soon lifts into the sky::
    [22:00]* Regan smiles. "Showoff."
    [22:00]<Regan> :: Rais snorts. ::
    [22:02]* Regan turns back to Rais. "Well, we can't have that, can we Rais." :: Grabs his staff and polvaults onto Rais easily. The take flight in a smooth asction ::
    [22:03]<Daine> ::A few moments later the Mare and Daine land back on the ground, the Mare's hooves still thundering and eating the distance at full speed. The Mare slows as she approches Regan and Tara and finally stops, dancing in place for a moment before finally coming to rest::
    [22:03]<Regan> *They
    [22:03]* Regan lands simultaneously with Daine.
    [22:05]* Regan pats Rais as he looks at Daine. "Well done."
    [22:06]* Regan looks around. "So, where's the tree-dweller?"
    [22:07]<Bynw> *Tara* "Just great." *she sighs playing with the ring she wears on her finger*
    [22:07]<Daine> ::Laughs, The mare snorts and chops her head and neck:: "Thank you brother. I've been schooled in fighting from horseback since childhood. I had forgotten the thrill of it, though I admit it pales in comparison. This is Qamar."
    [22:08]* Regan smiles. "Courage?"
    [22:10]<Regan> :: Rais touches a horn to one of Qamar's delicately. "This is Rais."
    [22:12]* Regan looks down at Tara. "Problem, m'lady?" :: Smiles ::
    [22:12]<Daine> ::His eyes go to the Tricon for a silent moment, then he responds:: "God to meet you Rais. Qamar is named after the full moon."
    [22:12]* Regan nods
    [22:13]* Regan listens for a momemt then chuckles slightly as he pats Rais again.
    [22:14]<Bynw> *Tara smiles and shakes her head* "none at all"
    [22:15]<Daine> "Where is our pointy eared brother. Still stuffing his face?"
    [22:15]<Regan> "I see." :: Then looks back at Rais. "Yes, I am aware of that."
    [22:18]* Regan smiles down at Tara and winks.
    [22:21]<Bynw> *Tara reaches over and pats Rais on the nose* "You are a good boy aren't you. Already protecting your charge. He is in no danger here as you can See I am Anadari."
    [22:21]<Daine> ::Looks to his Tricon for a moment. Slowly his smile drops, soon his jaw does as well. His eyes dart back and forth between Tara and Qamar. His face shows absolute disbelief::
    [22:22]<Regan> "He's probably still cooking. heh."
    [22:22]* Regan looks at Daine and smiles.
    [22:23]<Bynw> *Tara* "And now Qamar has frightened the wits out of Daine." *she says still speaking to Rais* "And that's hard to do to a Uthani."
    [22:24]* Regan backs up slightly at Tara's touch, but then snorts pleasantly.
    [22:24]<Daine> ::his voice low as he seems to be speaking aloud to Qamar:: "Your sure?....That's just...well I guess it explains a lot. I wonder if Master Nym knows."
    [22:24]* Regan chuckles
    [22:24]<Bynw> *Tara* "Yes Master Nym knows."
    [22:24]* Regan looks at Tara.
    [22:25]<Bynw> *she says turning towards Daine*
    [22:27]<Daine> ::Looks up, his face turns a bright red:: "I uhh, I...I meant no disrespect. I'm sorry if I offended you....my lady." ::he adds the last as if in after thought and hurridly. His eyes drop to the ground for a moment::
    [22:28]<Bynw> *Tara* "I was bor .. hatched in 1484 of the Common Date. That makes me 759 years old."
    [22:29]* Regan leans over and pats Daine on the back in commaraderie.. "Today is a day we will not forget, huh Brother?"
    [22:29]<Daine> ::Looks back up, appraising Tara in wonderment:: "I...I had no idea." ::he stutters out::
    [22:29]<Daine> ::Looks to Regan:: "You knew!?"
    [22:32]* Regan looks at Tara. "Let's just say I'm not surprised. Things didn't add up completely when her father visited us."
    [22:32]<Bynw> *Tara* "I'm still young. I have several centuries left if my only enemy is age. I could possibly out live our brother Llanth."
    [22:34]<Daine> ::Jerks back as if struck:: "Master Soltaari is...." ::Looks to Tara:: "Twan Do, Leopold....you weren't talking idly, you knew them?"
    [22:34]* Regan chuckles. "Worlds oldest spinster." Puts his hands up in abeyance at Tara.
    [22:36]<Bynw> *Tara* "As I stated before Master Soltaari is my step father. Although I treat him as my real father. Without him I would not be here. And yes I have met them. Although only in brief moments."
    [22:38]<Daine> ::looks on in amazement, his mouth open:: "incredible."
    [22:39]<Daine> "Why....why didn't you tell us?"
    [22:40]* Regan takes a ripe apple from his pack. "I was saving this." :: Leans over and lets Rais take it from his hand. Rais snorts pleasantly as he chomps down on it gleefully. ::
    [22:40]<Bynw> *Tara* "It wasnt necessary. And people behave differently too when they realize what is living with them. Sometimes out of fear and other times out of awe."
    [22:41]* Regan snaps back his hand. "Gotta watch the teeth." He mubles to himself. ::
    [22:41]<Regan> *mumbles
    [22:41]* Regan looks at Tara and just shrugs.

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member