Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:52]<Bynw> +-------------------------------------------+
[19:52]<Bynw> |      Horizon's Dawn - Episode 67
[19:52]<Bynw> |       Beginning Adventure Recap
[19:52]<Bynw> | Several days have pass while Nym and Daine
[19:52]<Bynw> | work with the Southern Matrix. Teaching it
[19:52]<Bynw> | skills it does not currently possess.
[19:52]<Bynw> |
[19:52]<Bynw> | It is much the same as creating a psychic
[19:52]<Bynw> | construct, something that Nym has experience
[19:52]<Bynw> | in but the apprentices yet do not.
[19:52]<Bynw> | Michon is taking everyone throug a very
[19:52]<Bynw> | intence combat training. Using both mind
[19:52]<Bynw> | and body as one weapon. Hand to hand combat
[19:52]<Bynw> | as well as weapons training and cross
[19:52]<Bynw> | weapons as well.
[19:52]<Bynw> | Master Michon also states that he has
[19:52]<Bynw> | something that may be able to save their
[19:52]<Bynw> | lives when going up against the Dark
[19:52]<Bynw> | Anadari they are likely to encounter in
[19:52]<Bynw> | Utha. But the training will be very
[19:52]<Bynw> | difficult.
[19:52]<Bynw> |     Today's Game Date: Wednesday the
[19:52]<Bynw> |               2 Juli 464 NE
[19:52]<Bynw> |            Game Time: Morning
[19:52]<Bynw> |         Location: Southern Matrix
[19:52]<Bynw> |          End of Adventure Recap
[19:58]<Bynw> *Michon is teaching the finer points of some specialized sword techniques to the young Dennis Idge
[19:59]* jlcsusara has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[19:59]* jlcsusara (~Jonas@A6D346.387974.01AAE4.3BBA19) has joined #teara-adan
[19:59]* ChanServ gives channel half-operator status to jlcsusara
[19:59]<Bynw> *Tara to Regan* "I got ahold of my father. He said he was going to actually come and visit."
[20:00]* Daine is watching Master Michon closely and mimicing him and Dennis
[20:00]* Regan smiles in appreciation. "Thank you, Tara."
[20:01]<Bynw> *Dennis isnt a very good swordsman. His skills are more in the lines of diplomacy and statecraft
[20:01]* Master_Nym smiles to himself as he hears Tara
[20:05]<+Master_Nym> ::Stands from the Matrix Floor:: "Daine, I believe the Matrix is ready for the finishing touches on it. It is your turn."
[20:06]<+Daine> ::Sheaths his sword and nods to Nym:: "Yes Master." ::Takes a seat on the center mural and begins meditating::
[20:06]<+Daine> roll 4df
[20:06]<+BoxCars> Daine rolls 4df and gets ( )(-)(+)(-) Mediocre
[20:07]<+Regan> roll 5df+
[20:07]<+BoxCars> Regan rolls 5df+ and gets ( )(+)( )(-)(-) Fair
[20:07]<+Master_Nym> roll 6df+
[20:07]<+BoxCars> Master_Nym rolls 6df+ and gets (+)( )(-)( )(+)( ) Great
[20:09]<+Llanth> Roll 4df+
[20:09]<+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 4df+ and gets (+)( )(+)(-) Good
[20:10]<Bynw> *everyone within the Matrix chamber feels the psychic snap of Shields going into place ... but not the shields of an individual ... but the 'psychic noise' of another Matrix coming into being ... to the north.
[20:11]<+Regan> "Bloody hell....."
[20:11]<+Master_Nym> ::Looks to the North, his eyes narrow::
[20:13]<Bynw> *Tara looks up from her conversation with Regan* "Quiette Castle?"
[20:13]<+Master_Nym> "Yes."
[20:13]<+Regan> "Phew, I think."
[20:16]* radiodiva has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:17]* Regan turns to Tara and holds out his staff. "Sister, can you tell how long this has been imbued?"
[20:19]<Bynw> *Tara reaches out and touches it* "I can already tell you from the reading at the Library .. it's been around a very long time"
[20:19]<+Daine> ::His eyes flutter open:: "It is done. I have taught it all that I know."
[20:20]* Regan nods. "I know the staff has, I was just wondering if its magic has been around as long."
[20:21]<Bynw> *Tara nods* "Yes the magic is also very old"
[20:21]<+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Regan, his voice softens:: "Regan, that sword is a very special gift. I've never seen it's like, nor even heard of one like it. I would consider keeping it as your own Star Sword and abandoning your notion of a staff. But the choice is yours."
[20:21]* Regan nods in relief. "Thank you again."
[20:22]<Bynw> *Michon smiles* "I actually like steelwood myself. Too damned hard to obtain most of the time though."
[20:23]* Regan turns to Nym. "I have no intention of abandoning the sword. I like it very much."
[20:23]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods:: "You must understand something then."
[20:24]* Regan tilts his head.
[20:26]<Bynw> *two figures appear next to Daine on the mural of the Matrix floor. One is Master Soltaari, this time in the robes of an Anadari Master. The other person next to him is a blond male, somewhere in his late 40s*
[20:26]* Regan smiles back at Michon.
[20:27]<+Master_Nym> "A Star Sword is more then just a tool for defense, it is...part of an Anadari. It will grow as you do. Other Anadari will see your imprint in it's very core. Having two weapons like that, especially ones that do not work in concert in a battle...it's generally not done and for good reason."
[20:29]<+Master_Nym> "My apprentice Star Sword sits above the mantle in Lord Benedict's great hall as a reminder of our friendship. I do not keep it because I have no use for it now. You see?"
[20:29]* Regan smiles back at Nym.
[20:29]<+Regan> "I do."
[20:31]<Bynw> *Soltaari see's that he is standing next to Daine and greets him honorably in Valmari*
[20:31]<+Daine> ::Startles as the two men suddenly appear:: "Ahh..."
[20:31]* Regan pats his staff with a smile.
[20:32]<+Daine> ::Recovers quickly and bows deeply to Master Soltaari, in Valmari:: "Greetings Master Soltaari. It is an honor, as always."
[20:32]* Regan bows to Master Soltaari in greating. "Master."
[20:33]<Bynw> *Soltaari looks at the others* "So I hear that the Anadari all can call tricon's now. How many of you have attempted or succeeded at it?"
[20:34]* Regan smiles.
[20:36]* Regan looks at the blonde man and declinates his head in greating. "Welcome."
[20:36]<+Daine> ::nods in aggreement, but glances at Tara::
[20:37]<Bynw> "Master Nym. Your apprentices seem to be timid and shy." *Soltaari says and the blond man just nods in Regan's direction*
[20:37]<+Daine> ::Scowls at Soltaari::
[20:37]* Regan raises an eyebrow
[20:38]<+Master_Nym> ::Laughs heartily at Master Soltaari::
[20:38]<+Master_Nym> ::Doubles over laughing as he spies Regan's reaction::
[20:39]* Regan smiles at Soltaari. "Of course, silence is the sharpest sword, at times."
[20:39]* Regan ignores Nym.
[20:40]<+Daine> ::Looks to the blonde man:: "I am Daine T'Zan." ::he extends his hand to the man::
[20:40]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Well lets not be. I know all to well that House Horizon has made leaps and bounds since its formation. Most of you have called your companions already even as apprentices. That should tell you something of yourselves."
[20:40]* Regan turns to the blonde man again. "I am Regan. Well met."
[20:40]<Bynw> *the blond man extends his hand to Daine* "I am Maroc"
[20:43]<+Daine> ::Takes his hand and shakes it:: "Careful of my brother Regan, he's been hit on the head too often. The elf playing at being a mute is our brother Llanth." ::motions to Tara:: "This is our sister Tara...."
[20:43]* Regan extends his hand as Daine releases his from Maroc.
[20:43]* Llanth nods.
[20:44]<+Daine> ::motions to Michon:: "The man with the weapon is our sword master, Master Michon. The youngest next to him is our brother Dennis."
[20:44]<Bynw> *Soltaari's features shift - the all too human appearance melts away. The long dark and graying hair is the same. The green eyes are the same. Even the large broad shoulders are the same. But he has a less human appearance over all. A jet black birthmark around his eyes and his skin becomes more define with a scaly effect to it. His ears become more pointed, like an elfs as well*
[20:45]* Regan turns to Daine. "True, but at least I haven't been hit in the face too many times.....such as yours has, evidently."
[20:46]* Regan looks back at Soltaari in curious wonder.
[20:46]<+Daine> ::sniffs at Regan in disdain::
[20:47]* Regan winks at Daine with brotherly mirth and smiles.
[20:47]<Bynw> *Maroc nods to each of them as he is introduced*
[20:47]<+Master_Nym> ::holds his stomach as his laughter quiets, he sighs and composes himself. he addresses Maroc:: "I am Nym Gibran."
[20:48]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Master Nym. I hear you paid a visit to Prince Ibly."
[20:49]<Bynw> *Soltaari to Maroc* "Regan is the one you will want to see. He has a staff he wants you to work on."
[20:50]<Bynw> *Maroc* "Ah yes Sire. I shall see to it then." *he walks over to Regan*
[20:50]* Regan glances at his staff and again slightly bows his head to Maroc.
[20:50]<+Master_Nym> ::Looks to Soltaari, his smile fades a bit at the mention of the Prince:: "Yes. He was very well mannered for a killer. I convinced him to aid us against Chadwick when the time is right. Or so he says."
[20:51]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "You can thank 2 people for Ibly's change of heart."
[20:51]<+Master_Nym> ::raises an eyebrow in curiousity::
[20:52]* Regan looks at Soltaari briefly, then extends the staff out to Maroc.
[20:52]<+Daine> ::To Maroc, softly:: "You are a weaponsmith?"
[20:52]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Saint Anthony and the Matrix at Mariabronn. And Ibly's own Sire."
[20:53]<+Regan> :: To Maroc :: "It is imbued."
[20:53]<+Master_Nym> ::his eyebrows nit in confusion:: "How so?"
[20:54]<Bynw> *Maroc to Daine* "I am a mage and I specialize in magical weapons." *he takes the staff from Regan* "So it is."
[20:55]<+Daine> ::Again to Maroc, this time his voice crackles with excitement:: "You are a Master at your craft?"
[20:55]* Regan raises bow eyebrows in curiousity at Maroc's last statement.
[20:55]<+Regan> ((Both eyebrows))
[20:56]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Ibly was part of the attack on Prince Iccarus, Anthony's son. He failed to get away and was imprisoned by the Mariabronn Deryni for a year and a day inside the Matrix. His experience there helped him to follow in his Sire's footsteps and come to peace with himself and his race."
[20:57]<+Master_Nym> "Who is his sire?"
[20:57]<Bynw> *Maroc* "Yes." *he says while examining the staff*
[20:58]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "His name was once Markos. But when he reached peace with himself and his race. He had the opportunity to become mortal again and took it. And then changed his name to Marshawl"
[20:59]* Regan blinks and looks at Soltaari.
[21:00]<+Daine> ::Smiles and makes his strange Uthani gesture of respect to Maroc:: "It is indeed a pleasure to meet you then Maroc. I am a Weapon and Armorsmith of some skill. Perhaps, if you have time, we could talk on the subject?"
[21:00]<Bynw> *Maroc nods* "Indeed. I havent had the opportunity to study Uthani and Valmari designs."
[21:01]* Regan mumbles something about Marshawl's kiss and turns back to Maroc.
[21:01]<+Master_Nym> "Ahh. Curious. I did not know Marshawl was a Vampire once."
[21:02]<Bynw> *Maroc* "Ah there it is ... " *he says* "This is a very old staff sir."
[21:02]<+Regan> "It has been in my family for generations."
[21:02]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Marshawl actually was never a vampire. Markos was, and a powerful one. Marshawl was only Deryni."
[21:03]* Regan scratches his head and mumbles in confusion. "Red Sorcerers?"
[21:04]<+Master_Nym> ::nods:: "Any other of his line Vampires as well?"
[21:06]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Ibly choose to remain 'undead' and be a guide to others seeking peace. Ibly has sired many himself. Lord Warden is his childe as is the King of Ranieth. Warden might have sired 1 or 2 of his own and I wouldnt put it past the other fellow. I dont know of any others that are still 'living'."
[21:06]<Bynw> *Maroc* "Well .. " *he says. "In order for us to proceed this must be undone."
[21:07]<+Regan> "Could you tell me what it does first?"
[21:10]<Bynw> *Maroc* "Yes." *he talks with Regan for a while explaining the properties of the staff*
[21:11]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "And of course .. I think you would have felt Quiette Castle coming back as it did a bit ago did you not Master Nym?"
[21:12]<+Regan> :: After a moment of explaining, Regan interupts Maroc with a loud surprised :: "WHAT?"
[21:14]<Bynw> *Maroc* "I can undo the magic that holds it together. I can restore the magic that holds it together with any chances you wish to make. Including removal of any of its properties."
[21:16]* Regan then nods in relief and thanks. "Continue then."
[21:16]<Bynw> *Maroc sits down and places the staff in his lap and murmurs several spells over it*
[21:17]<Bynw> "So Master Nym." *Soltaari says* "What's going on today that you've got the whole House up here to do?"
[21:18]<+Master_Nym> "You are just in time Master Sotaari. My Students are ready to imbue their first Star Swords."
[21:19]<+Regan> :: To Nym :: @@ "Sorry to interupt Master, but shouldn't someone ask Maroc teach our Matrix, no?" @@
[21:20]<+Master_Nym> "Many of them are near to becoming Knights and I think the time has come that they will need to defend themselves."
[21:21]<Bynw> "An important skill." *Soltaari remarks in agreement with Nym* "And some are ready to 'come of age.'
[21:22]<+Master_Nym> @@"Maroc is a mage. I'm not even sure he can teach the Matrix what he does. If you wish him to do something for your Star Sword now would be the time to ask. It would take time we do not have for Maroc to teach the Matrix those skills if it IS possible."
[21:22]<+Master_Nym> @@
[21:22]* Regan nods
[21:23]<+Master_Nym> "Yes I believe they are. I believe after they make there Star Swords they will be ready for their final trials."
[21:23]<+Master_Nym> ((there=their)
[21:25]<+Master_Nym> "On those words, I believe we are ready to begin." ::Looks about at the students::
[21:29]<+Master_Nym> ::Raises his voice to be heard:: "You may use the Matrix, in turns, to conjure any weapon you wish. I will call out each of you in turn to do so. Once you have it it will be up to you to Imbue it. You may not have any help in doing so. You may imbue it with any power you possess, but only your powers. Maroc or Master Soltaari can assist you in laying any spells or workings of that nature on it once you have imbued it...."
[21:30]<+Master_Nym> "This is a test, and one of a few that you must pass to earn your place as a full Anadari Knight."
[21:31]<+Master_Nym> "Llanth, would you be so kind as to start us out. Please take a spot on the mural. Picture what you want and let the Matrix provide."
[21:48]* Llanth walks to the center of the mural and closes his eyes with his hands at his sides; picturing in his mind a long slender longsword made of mithril with a hand guard in the shape of an owl with outstretched wings and topaz eyes and a body of ebony for the handle.
[21:51]<+Master_Nym> "Regan. Are you using one of the weapons yo already have?"
[21:52]* Regan nods. "I am, Master."
[21:53]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods to Regan::
[21:53]<+Master_Nym> "Daine."
[21:54]<+Daine> ::Nods to Nym and stands next to Llanth. His eyes close::
[21:55]* Regan turns back to Maroc, explaining what his requirements are for his StarWeapon.
[21:55]<+Master_Nym> "Risira."
[21:55]<+Master_Nym> "And Dennis."
[21:56]<+Master_Nym> ::His attention goes to Michon questioningly:: "Master Michon?"
[21:57]<+Llanth> "Master Soltaari can you help me imbue my weapon with a spell?"
[21:57]<Bynw> *Michon* "I am fine Master."
[21:58]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Of course Llanth. What do you need."
[21:59]<+Llanth> "I would like to imbue my weapon with the Daylight spell."
[22:00]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Any others?"
[22:01]<+Llanth> "Yes, Deeper Darkness."
[22:02]<+Llanth> "That is all I think."
[22:03]<+Llanth> "Thank you for your assistance."
[22:03]<Bynw> *Soltaari adds the spells requested*
[22:03]* Llanth bows to Master Soltaari.
[22:11]<+Daine> ::Exhales sharply. A fog condenses around him settling on his right arm, in a few heart beats it solidifies into an ornate brushed steel manica that covers his arm from shoulder to wrist and ends in a wicked looking gauntlet. The steel plates ridges are individually gilded with an indigo metal design. The inner arm is protected by a chainmail backing.::
[22:11]<+Master_Nym> "Master Soltaari, do you have what I asked for?"
[22:12]<Bynw> *Soltaari* "Yes I do Master Nym"
[22:14]<+Daine> ::He flexes his arm and a ghostly purple blade of hand-fire ignites in the gauntlet. It is roughly the same size and shape as the one on his back, though it's form is indistinct and flows like flame or fast moving fog::
[22:14]<+Master_Nym> ::Nods and crosses to stand next to Soltaari:: "May I have it? Now is the time."
[22:16]<Bynw> *Soltaari gestures towards where he and Maroc appeared and there is large wooden crate. large enough to contain a dozen swords*
[22:18]<+Llanth> Roll 7df+
[22:18]<+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 7df+ and gets ( )(-)( )(-)( )(-)( ) Fair
[22:18]<+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 7df+ and gets (-)( )(-)( )(-)(+)( ) Good
[22:18]<+Daine> ::Whispers to Maroc:: "Can you or Soltaari spell this to give me some kind of mystic armor when the sword is active?"
[22:18]<+BoxCars> Llanth rolls 7df+ and gets (+)(-)(+)(+)(+)(+)(-) Epic
[22:19]<+Master_Nym> ::opens the crate and gazes inside for a moment::
[22:20]<Bynw> *Maroc* "I would be better at that. But I have this task to finish first" *He says still working on the staff*
[22:21]<+Daine> ::Nods:: "Thank you." ::again he makes his gesture of respect::
[22:22]* Regan whispers to Maroc so no one else can hear. "Good thing you can, or my brother would cry like a babe for weeks."
[22:29]<+Master_Nym> ::He reaches into the crate, awe on his face, and pulls forth a very large weapon. It appears to be an over large staff of some kind. Twin blades extend, left and right, from a central two handed grip. Judging by how he holds it the entire weapon must weight very little. Each slender blade is single edged and curves gently with an over all effect of making the 'staff' curve like a snake or a lazy S.::
[22:32]<+Master_Nym> ::lightly etched on one blade is the image of a dragon, opposite and mirrored to that image, the other blade sports a stylized etching of a dire wolf::
[22:35]<+Master_Nym> ::He approches Tara, the weapon held reverently in his hands, with a sharp twist at the central handle the staff becomes twin master work and perfectly balanced swords. He then takes a knee in ront of Tara and extends the 'dragon' blade to her:: "Tara, will you make me the happiest man in the realms and marry me?"
[22:37]<Bynw> *Maroc stops what he his doing and stares*
[22:38]* Llanth is now known as Elim-Sleep
[22:38]* Regan eyes pop out of his head.
[22:38]* Regan 's eyes pop out of his head.
[22:38]<Bynw> *Tara gets grin on her face and takes the sword from Nym.* "Yes ... I will. It's about time this old girl gets a young man." *she kisses him*
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member