News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 31

Started by Bynw, 12 November 2010, 19:47:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:59] <bynw> ***** END RECAP *****
[20:02] <bynw> *Orsi gets up from the table and acquires another bottle of something green that looks like it could glow in the dark and almost does in the dimly lit room. he also pulls out a datapad and brings both back to the table.*
[20:02] <bynw> *setting the bottle down in front of Raith and then hands the datapad to Ken*
[20:02] <Sathara> "What's the green stuff, sir?"
[20:03] <bynw> *Orsi* "Something potent."
[20:03] * Ken picks up the dtaapad and peruses it.
[20:04] * Sathara chuckles.
[20:04] <Raith> ::grabs the bottle, uncorks it, and takes a large swallow::
[20:04] <Raith> ??what's it like??
[20:04] <bynw> *it is a standard Alliance datapad ... it contains engineering theory on various aspects of jump drives and how jump fields are formed when a ship jumps. it will take some time to read. but the contents and outline also has a schematic*
[20:05] <Sathara> "How is it, Cap'n?"
[20:06] * Ken starts perusing the schematic
[20:08] <Raith> ::blinks a couple of times and smiles, he admires the bottle for a seconds then takes a second long drink. After he passes it to Sathara with a nod::
[20:08] <Ken> !df 5 Engineering
[20:08] <ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(-)( )
[20:08] * Sathara takes the bottle and takes a cautious sip.  Blinking, she takes another good swig and passes it on to Ken.
[20:09] <Raith> ::To Orsi:: "You said I'm a bit different then the original Raith. It what way? To What purpose? And how do you know that?"
[20:09] * Ken absently takes a swig from the bottle and promptly chokes a little
[20:13] * Ken 's eyes go a bit wide and he seems to be quite focused on the data pad.
[20:13] <bynw> *Orsi* "Because he didnt want to make a copy of himself. He wanted a male descendant instead of a copy. So just as a birthed child is different but similar ... those little differences were programmed into the cloning process. he did give you some of his memories and skills though."
[20:15] <bynw> *Orsi* "And I know because I was there when he made his request to us. Since the Alliance cloning technology wasn't where it is today ... 40 years ago."
[20:15] * Sathara 's eyebrows go straight up almost to her hairline.
[20:17] <Raith> ::grimaces:: "I thought he had used the Khelliannsu cloning process."
[20:19] <Raith> "The original Raith had control over what differences to make in me. Do you know if he had an agenda to the differences?"
[20:20] <bynw> *Orsi* "My entire race is clones. We are 'born' as full adults with basic skills for survival. He wanted an heir."
[20:21] <Raith> "The differences where random then?"
[20:21] <Raith> "Or did they come from someone else?"
[20:22] * Sathara picks the bottle of green liquor up again and takes another swig, shaking her head slightly.
[20:22] <bynw> *Orsi* "They were random. If they came from anyone ... I don't know who .... "
[20:23] <Raith> ::Takes the bottle and takes a long pull from it this time, then extends it to Sathara:: "I can't recall any of his memories."
[20:24] * Sathara takes another, smaller swig, and passes it to Ken.
[20:25] * Ken looks up and takes a smaller sip this time and passes the bottle on and goes back to skimming something in the pad
[20:27] * Sathara leans over to Ken and whispers, "Something must be awfully interesting there."
[20:28] <Ken> ::glances at Sathara:: "Something you would like as well."
[20:28] * Sathara 's eyes light up.  "Weapons systems?"
[20:28] <bynw> *Orsi* "Maybe they are keyed off of something then." *he says taking a drink of the green liquor*
[20:29] <Ken> "Jump disruption field"
[20:29] <Sathara> "Really?  That could make things interesting."
[20:29] * Ken nods and goes back to his study of the field
[20:31] <bynw> *Orsi* "Raith knows about it"
[20:31] * Knaight has quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[20:31] <Sathara> "Yeah, but where the frak is he, sir?"
[20:31] <bynw> *Orsi* "Him" *he says pointing to Raith*
[20:32] <Sathara> "Oh, I thought you were talking about Raith Prime."
[20:36] <Raith> "It's like an EM burst. It simply shuts everything down. I ran across the klade the first time and thought they where pirates. Nearly rammed my ship into Orsi's."
[20:36] <Sathara> "Holy frakking hell."
[20:37] <bynw> *Orsi* "It prevents a ship from jumping. We took out several Alliance freighters using it. They couldn't just jump away. Something someone does in a battle a lot ... but if your opponent cannot escape."
[20:38] <Sathara> "HOLY frakking HELL.  You guys don't frak around, do you?"
[20:39] * Ken looks up
[20:40] <bynw> *Orsi* "In battle. If an opponent escapes from us they are very lucky or highly skilled or we let them."
[20:42] <Raith> "I might have gotten away, perhaps."
[20:43] * Knaight (~K@OWIRCN-5253abac.hlrn.qwest.net) has joined #teara-adan
[20:43] <Ken> "Could this field be deployed on a beacon?"
[20:43] <Raith> "I almost hide in the cargo you picked up and used it to board your ship."
[20:45] <bynw> *Orsi* "Not as a beacon. But it does give your weapons officer some very nice targets"
[20:45] * Sathara laughs wickedly.
[20:47] <Ken> "I was thinking if a version could be deployed away from the ship, say on a sentry satellitte."
[20:48] <bynw> "That can be done" *Orsi says* "You can protect a system that way from unauthorized jump in and jump outs"
[20:48] <Raith> "Why did you do all this for Raith...er Prime I believe I heard someone call him.?"
[20:50] <bynw> "He was our first contact" *Orsi says* "Luck of the draw ... "
[20:51] <Raith> ::chuckles:: "Anymore like me running about?"
[20:52] <Raith> "Clones of Raith Prime I mean."
[20:52] <bynw> *Orsi* "No. You are the only clone."
[20:53] <Raith> "You have no idea where he went?"
[20:57] <bynw> *Orsi* "Beyond Alliance space ... other than that we do not know where he is located."
[20:59] <Ken> "You did not have a hyper light comm on his ship?"
[20:59] <Raith> "What did he do before he met you?"
[21:00] <bynw> *Orsi* "He was an Alliance Defense Force pilot"
[21:04] <Raith> "Why did he leave me on that planet?"
[21:06] <bynw> *Orsi* "That particular world he used as his base of operations for exploration beyond the frontier. If he jumps back to Alliance space it will probably be to there"
[21:08] <Raith> ::Pauses at that mention::
[21:09] <Raith> ::Takes the bottle and leans back and bit in thought, he takes a long slow drag off the bottle and cradles it in his lap for a moment while he thinks::
[21:10] <Raith> "We're going to need a ship."
[21:10] * Sathara is a little tipsy and chuckles, then mutters under her breath, "No shit, cap'n."
[21:12] <bynw> "That can be arranged Raith." *Orsi says* "Anything in mind?"
[21:12] <Ken> "With proper jump drives and protocols
[21:12] <Ken> "
[21:13] <Raith> ::Looks to Orsi with surprise and excitement:: "And here I thought I was going to have steal and alliance ship..."
[21:13] <bynw> "Of course. The engines would be properly built as all Alliance jump drives will be in the future."
[21:18] <Raith> ::Chuckles:: "Something Functional, comfortable. Big enough to handle my crew and I. A nice size cargo bay. Built for speed and defense, maybe with one of those EM weapons if you can fit it. One of those stealth fields. Load it up with sensors. What do you say?"
[21:19] <Raith> "Better throw in a nice sized med-bay for the doc loaded up with all the trimmings"
[21:19] <bynw> *Orsi* "Well at least you didn't ask for a battlecrusier"
[21:19] * Sathara 's eyebrows take another trip toward the ceiling.
[21:20] <Raith> ::Chuckles:: "Too big, too loud. Not my style, you know that."
[21:20] <Ken> "A well stocked Engineering section as well"
[21:21] <Raith> ::Nods towards Ken::
[21:21] <bynw> *Orsi gets up* "Well then come with me"
[21:22] <Sathara> "A crash course in operating the EM weapons.  I've never operated those before, although I imagine I could figure it out pretty quick-like."
[21:22] <Raith> ::Takes a long pull from the bottle, now more then half gone and hands it off to Sathara::
[21:22] * Sathara swigs a little more green whiskey-ish stuff and gets up to follow Raith.
[21:22] <Raith> ::Jumps up and follows Orsi::
[21:23] * Ken follows quickly, datapad in hand
[21:27] <Raith> ::Moves with a bit of a swagger under the influence of the very potent drink, but seems to be holding up remarkably well considering::
[21:29] <bynw> *once everyone is up and following Orsi out into the corridor of his ship. he begins to tap a few buttons on a computer on his forearm* "Everyone good and ready?"
[21:29] <Ken> "For what?"
[21:30] <bynw> *Orsi* "The change ..." *he says tapping the final sequence*
[21:31] <bynw> *to the crew of the Lady Luck ... they feel as if they have been electrocuted, punched in the gut and slammed into a wall and then spun around in a pilots training gyroscope for an hour ... but its only been a heartbeat*
[21:31] <bynw> *they are all standing in a lounge of a ship*
[21:32] * Ken looks around and pulls out his scanner and checks the readings
[21:33] <Raith> ::Slowly leans against a wall and bends over catching his breath::
[21:33] * Sathara leans against a wall and tries to control her stomach.
[21:33] <Raith> "Frak you Orsi. Frak you."
[21:33] <Sathara> "What the frak just happened?"
[21:34] <Raith> "I ought to throw up on you."
[21:35] * Ken looks green but since he had little of the green liquor he gulps several deeeps breaths as he checks his readings versus the ones in Orsi's ship.
[21:35] <bynw> *its a different ship*
[21:36] * Sathara swallows hard, trying not to throw up, since she had a pretty fair share of the green liquor.
[21:36] <bynw> *Orsi* "Matter Transmission."
[21:36] <Ken> "How far did we transport?"
[21:38] <Ken> "This explains how you can man som many ships in different locations with such a small population."
[21:38] <bynw> *Orsi* "That's a bit hard to explain, how far ..."
[21:39] <Ken> "Why are we in a different dimension?"
[21:39] <Raith> ::Straightens up, but looks more then a bit green::
[21:39] * Sathara looks decidedly green about the gills but manages to keep control.
[21:41] <bynw> *Orsi looks at Ken* "What other dimensions are there?"
[21:41] <Ken> "Theoretically inifinite. I am only aware of 4 though."
[21:44] <bynw> *Orsi* "We are in jumpspace or hyperspace or anything else you would like to call it. Just in orbit of our homeworld."
[21:44] <Ken> "Your remark of how afr being difficult to explain, makes me think time travel or alternate dimension."
[21:44] <Sathara> "How the frak did you do that?"
[21:44] <Ken> "Ahh ok"
[21:46] <Ken> "How are you staying in Hyperspace? I thought it was not possible to stay in hyperspace for prolonged periods."
[21:47] <Raith> ::Takes a deep breath and lets go of the wall:: "Can I see?"
[21:47] <bynw> "That is something you will learn of our technology later. But not today. I think this ship will do well."
[21:48] * Ken puts away his scanner and carefully stows the new datapad.
[21:48] <Ken> "We need to be taught your systems."
[21:49] <Sathara> "Yeah, I could stand a crash course in the weapons systems of this puppy."
[21:49] <bynw> *Orsi* "Quickly advancing another civilization can lead to disaster. It will be taken in steps. Points into the right direction. Somethings you will discover on your own."
[21:52] <bynw> *Orsi actives the computer again on his forearm, obviously using a communications channel. a harsh metallic computerized voice responds to him and Orsi orders it* "Open up a jump point so Alliance ship can exit."
[21:52] <bynw> *he closes the com*
[21:53] <Ken> "Are you saying we have to learn how to operate this on our own?"
[21:53] <bynw> *the ship shakes a little*
[21:54] <bynw> *Orsi* "The ship is now in normal space. Its controls are all Alliance. Its a little bigger than your old ship Raith."
[21:55] <Raith> ::To Ken:: "You get to learn an alien designed ship that is beyond bleeding edge alliance tech piece by piece Ken, got a problem with that?" ::smirks::
[21:55] * Sathara wanders to the weapons control station.
[21:56] <Ken> "You built this ship with Alliance controls? When?"
[21:56] <Raith> ::To Orsi:: "Let's go, take me home."
[21:56] <Ken> "No Cap I have no trouble with that."
[21:59] <Sathara> "Wow, Orsi, how did you guys do this?  I can run these controls no sweat."
[22:00] <bynw> *Orsi* "A few upgrades to the systems. Within the decade I'm sure all Alliance ships will be equal to this one or even better. But for now you have the bleeding edge."
[22:03] * Ken looks around for computer interface
[22:04] <Raith> ::Looks about grinning::
[22:06] <bynw> *Orsi* "The ship is ready to go. Fly it around some. Come back, dock. Pick up your medical officer and go back out."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member