News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 33

Started by Bynw, 04 December 2010, 22:23:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[19:49] <bynw> ***** RECAP *****
[19:49] <bynw> [22:06] <Raith> ::Switches off the intercomm. Talking while he's typing at the nav-computer:: "Alliance space. Planet, Gi 131."
[19:49] <bynw> [22:11] <bynw> *Jaeih* "2 Jumps away. Course is set and laid in Captain, we can auto jump there"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:11] <Raith> "I take it your system isn't agreeing with all this jumping?"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:12] <DrCross> "My innards would have been fine if it knew a jump was coming"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:14] <DrCross> "... you're pretty liberal with your new pilot, Captain. Did you give her orders to jump before getting drunk?"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:27] <Raith> "What can I do to help Doc?"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:28] <DrCross> "You can help by going to your room, Cap"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:28] <Raith> ::Finds it and again looks surprised and disappointed to find it empty::
[19:49] <bynw> [22:28] <DrCross> "... to sleep that off"
[19:49] <bynw> [22:33] <Raith> "Jaeih, start the jumps."
[19:49] <bynw> [22:33] <Raith> ::Staggers away to the stairs to the mid-deck, tumbler in hand::
[19:49] <bynw> [22:33] * Sathara looks around for a barf bag, because either Raith or Dr.  Cross are going to need one.
[19:49] <bynw> [22:35] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Aye Captain."
[19:49] <bynw> [22:38] <Raith> ::Is passed out on the lounge couch::
[19:49] <bynw> [22:40] <DrCross> "Sathara, you have the conn" as DrCross staggers out of the bridge
[19:49] <bynw> [22:40] <Sathara> "Aye, though I don't quite know what I'm going to do with it, except wait for orders from the cap'n.
[19:49] <bynw> ***** END RECAP *****
[19:51] <bynw> *45 minutes later the Lady Luck II is in orbit around the frontier world cataloged as GI 131 - 4, Since it is the 4th world in the GI 131 system.
[19:53] <bynw> *Jaeih is running a scan on the planet below*
[19:55] * Ken is studying the ship's computer tech manual
[19:55] * Sathara fidgets nervously, wishing Raith would magically show up, sober, to take the conn.
[19:56] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Not much here at all. Sparse vegetation. Some animal life. High winds. And some kind of abandoned installation. There is a landing platform near it ... overgrown with grasses."
[19:58] <bynw> "Other than that ... nothing. No settlements ... Lucky to even be habitable in fact ... barely fits known parameters."
[19:58] <Sathara> "Is the landing platform usable at all?"
[19:59] <bynw> *Jaeih* "it is usable ... we can land on it. it's cracked and not at all maintained and overgrown by several decades"
[20:00] <Sathara> "Well, let's land and explore around a little bit, and wait for the cap'n to be back in fighting trim again.
[20:00] <Sathara> "
[20:03] <bynw> *Jaeih takes the controls of the ship and starts to head down from orbit to the landing platform on the surface* "It will take about 20 mintues"
[20:04] <Sathara> "Aye."
[20:05] * DrCross looks at the planet below
[20:07] <bynw> *the planet is typical for a terrestrial world but barren ... brown and hold very little life
[20:09] * Ken is engrossed in the technical specs of the ship's computer
[20:11] <DrCross> "I'll bring the bandages"
[20:12] <bynw> *Jaeih* "According to the navcomp this system isn't too far from the Klade worlds. Just outside of them."
[20:13] <Sathara> "That's interesting, Jaeih.  I wish to frak the cap'n were upright and functioning."
[20:16] * DrCross pats Sathara's shoulder "He's fine in body, Sathara, his mind is a wreck"
[20:17] <Sathara> "I know he'll be fine once he sleeps the drink off, I just wish he were here on the bridge and functioning."
[20:19] * Ken stops studying the ship's manual and starts running extensive sensor sweeps
[20:21] <DrCross> "How is the atmosphere, Jaieh?"
[20:22] <bynw> *the Lady Luck encounters a bit of turbulence has it cuts through the atmosphere
[20:22] * Sathara grips the arms of her chair.
[20:24] <bynw> *Jaeih* "A bit of some chop here ... but it will pass soon as we get through it."
[20:27] * Ken resets the sensors for an em spectrum scan of the installation followed by a magnetic scan
[20:29] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Ok we are touching down ..... now"
[20:29] <Sathara> "Ken, what does the scan show?"
[20:30] <Ken> "No power readings."
[20:31] <Sathara> "No power, aye."
[20:31] * DrCross waits for the final bump
[20:31] <Ken> "So either extremely well shielded or no power being generated."
[20:32] <Sathara> "I tend to suspect the latter, since we're not getting much in the way of life readings."
[20:32] <bynw> *there is that final bump as the ship touches down.*
[20:33] <Sathara> "Jaeih, do you think this platform is going to hold us pretty steady?"
[20:34] <bynw> *Jaeih* "It should since its a ground platform made of concrete and not a aerial one."
[20:34] <Sathara> "Aye, good."
[20:37] <Ken> "We should proceed with caution; a few decades should not have made much difference to power readings."
[20:38] * Sathara smiles at
[20:38] <Sathara> Ken so as not to make this sound too smart alecky.  "That was the plan."
[20:40] <bynw> *Jaeih* "See if you can wake the Captain. It's been over an hour since he passed out. We will need to go through that way to the airlock anyway"
[20:41] <Sathara> "An hour, after all he drank?  You're kidding, right?  He won't *MOVE* for the next half day, at least."
[20:43] <bynw> "I'm sure the Doc can come up with something to boost his sobriety" *she says*
[20:44] * Sathara snorts but goes to find the Doc.
[20:45] * Raith moans and rolls over on the couch, completely dead to the world
[20:54] <bynw> *DrCross prepares an injection of stimms for the captain and gives it to him while he is out in the lounge*
[20:55] * Ken starts gathering a field kit of scanners of various type and tools for salvage work in addition to his usual tool belt
[20:56] <Raith> ::Wakes up with a scream of surprise as the heavy duty stimms race him back to consciousness. He jumps up, stumbles, falls over the nearby table into a full face plant. He jumps up and dusts himself off a second later. His eyes are still unfocused and he appears to be drunk but at the same time fully alert::
[20:57] <Raith> ::Wordlessly he looks about, his eyes focus on Doc and the hypo in his hand::
[20:58] <bynw> *the doctor puts it away* "We've landed at your destination"
[20:59] <Raith> ::Runs for the nearby kitchen sink, staggers, and nearly falls but just manages to grip the edge of the sink and pull himself close enough to violently vomit into it in large quantities::
[21:00] <Raith> ::After a moment he seems to have emptied every possible thing in his stomach into the sink. He pulls back, runs the water, and splashes himself in the face several times::
[21:02] <Raith> ::He shakes his head a bit, turns and again focuses on the Doctor, his eyes narrow and his face tightens::
[21:03] <Raith> ::His hands clinch into fists and he walks stiffly towards the good Doctor::
[21:05] <Raith> ::He stops a few feet from Cross and plants his feet::
[21:06] * Sathara appears in the lounge.  "Cap'n, don't kill the doc.  We need him, and we're at the planet where you were found, so we need you."
[21:06] <Raith> ::He visibly steels himself before he blurts out quickly and quietly:: "slap me."
[21:07] <bynw> *Dr Cross looks the Captain up and down for abit* "You look fine" *he says turning away slightly before backhanding the captain hard*
[21:08] <Raith> ::he staggers back a bit under the slap:: "YEAH! WOOO!"
[21:10] <Raith> ::Recovers and takes a deep breath to steady himself. Though his eyes are still a bit unfocused he is noticibly better focused::
[21:11] <Raith> "That will do doc."
[21:11] <bynw> *Jaeih comes down from the bridge* "Good he's awake."
[21:12] <Raith> ::Turns to Sathara:: "Where are we again?"
[21:12] <Sathara> "The planet where you were found."
[21:12] <Raith> "Who the FRAK gave the order to do that!?"
[21:13] <Sathara> "Uh, you did, cap'n."
[21:13] <bynw> "Captain. There is nothing here ... barely any life at all here ... a windswept planet of just this installation and not a thing else."
[21:14] <Raith> ::Grimaces as if he just ate a mud pie::
[21:14] <Raith> "Frak me."
[21:14] <bynw> *Jaeih* "We were about to go have a look around ...."
[21:16] <Raith> ::Takes another deep breath:: "Last thing I remember is looking at the light shine through a scotch bottle as I tipped it back in my quarters."
[21:17] * Sathara stifles a smile.  "I would imagine so, cap'n."
[21:18] <Raith> "Why do I recall a dream of me telling high command I was drunk on the comm?"
[21:18] <Sathara> "Uh, that wasn't a dream, cap'n."
[21:19] <Raith> ::Slaps his forehead::
[21:19] <Raith> "Frak me."
[21:19] * Sathara is trying desperately, mostly successfully, not to laugh.
[21:20] <Sathara> "No time for that, cap'n."
[21:20] <Raith> "Did ANYONE here try to stop me?"
[21:20] <Sathara> "Nobody was that suicidal, cap'n, and besides, by the time it was obvious what you were going to say, it was a little late to stop you."
[21:21] <Raith> "Who's idea was the stim then?"
[21:21] <bynw> *Jaeih smiles a bit* "Mine."
[21:21] <Sathara> "Talk to the pilot.  I'm the one who actually found the doc."
[21:22] <Raith> "Good idea."
[21:23] <bynw> *Jaeih* "So do we stay here or do we go back out into the black ... maybe find that ship we bumped into before ...."
[21:24] <Raith> "We're here, lets take a look around. But lets get it done most ricky-tick. I'd like to get back out into the black. Lets see if dad left some bread crumbs."
[21:25] <Raith> ::Checks to see if his laser pistol is holstered to reassure himself::
[21:26] * Ken enters from the bridge
[21:26] <Ken> "Have you beeb back here at all Cap?"
[21:26] <Raith> " Sathara, I don't want any surprises we can't handle, so bring something appropriate, okay?"
[21:26] <Sathara> "Aye, Cap'n."
[21:27] * Sathara leaves the lounge to go to her weapons locker in her room.
[21:27] <Raith> "Nope. And the scouts who found me never stopped long enough to take a good look."
[21:29] <Raith> "Everyone bring something to negotiate with any hostiles we meet."
[21:30] <Ken> "well then, let's have a good look."
[21:30] <Raith> ::Nods to Ken::
[21:30] * Sathara returns with a laser pistol holstered to her left hip and a large beam rifle strapped to her back.
[21:30] <bynw> *Jaeih* "There are no hostiles here ... at least with weapons"
[21:30] <Raith> "Let's go get into some trouble."
[21:31] <Raith> "Oh how do you know?"
[21:31] * Ken grabs his gun and sword.
[21:32] <bynw> "Orbital scans ...."
[21:35] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Lifeform readings indicated minimal vegetation and small animals and some insects ... not much of a world ... given its location it's barely in the habital zone
[21:35] <Raith> ::Chuckles and shakes his head in disbelief at Jaeih:: "That means next to frak in my book. Let's go." ::Walks down to the cargo bay and slaps the door release. His footsteps echo in the larger bay. The door at the forward end of the ship slowly lowers::
[21:36] * Sathara follows Raith.
[21:36] <bynw> *the ship is sitting on a concrete landing platform overgrown with light grasses that grow all over the planet surface.
[21:37] <bynw> *a good 500 meters away are the buildings making up the installation that was here ... but it too looks overgrown, abandonded and deserted ... unused for decades
[21:38] <Raith> ::As the door lowers:: "Stay frosty. Anything living on this rock is likely to be a survivor and vicious. It'd have to be to make it." ::chuckles:: "Like us."
[21:38] <bynw> *the wind is blowing hard at 24mph .... with nothing to stop it
[21:38] * Sathara grins a little and follows with a hand ready to pull either the pistol or the rifle if need be.
[21:39] * Ken pulls out a deep radar scanner and tries to get an interirior layout of the structure
[21:39] <Raith> ::Pulls out some sunglasses to protect his eyes from the sand and grit that blows in as the ramp touches down::
[21:40] <Raith> ::Walks out into the wind and towards the installation::
[21:41] * Sathara puts on protective glasses as well.
[21:42] * Ken follows the other's example and walks slowly towards the structure sweeping his deep radar scanner
[21:42] <Raith> ::Looks for a door of somekind::
[21:43] <bynw> *the door to the installation is open .... and appears to have swung 1 too many times in the wind and has broken off the hinges
[21:45] <Raith> !df 4
[21:45] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)(+)
[21:46] <Raith> ::Waves the others over and heads for the door::
[21:47] <Raith> ::Enters slowly into the installation::
[21:48] <bynw> *inside is dark, a little damp and musty ... and something scurried away in the darkness
[21:48] * Ken switches to an em scanner
[21:49] <Raith> ::Pulls his blaster slowly, aiming it casually up as he enters:: Anyone bring a light?"
[21:49] * Sathara reaches for her weapons belt and yoinks out the flashlight she usually keeps there.
[21:50] * Ken replaces glasses with headgear of some sort and attaches a cable to the scanner.
[21:50] <bynw> *Jaeih flips on her light and shines it all over the place .... looking around with it ...
[21:50] <Ken> "Small vermin odf some sort.. I hope."
[21:51] <Raith> "Jaeih come up here, light the way."
[21:51] <bynw> *the light beam touches on control consoles and possibly what was once a computer system ... but its missing all of the major components ... wires are hanging out everywhere
[21:52] <Raith> "Ken any power left in this place? Lights maybe?"
[21:53] <Ken> "nothing showed up from orbit."
[21:53] * Ken sweeps the area with his em scanner
[21:54] <Raith> ??What's the room look like??
[21:54] <Raith> "Jaeih sweep around with that light a bit."
[21:54] * Sathara turns on the flashlight and streams it around a bit.
[21:55] <bynw> *she sweeps around the room again ... obviously a control room ... all of the equipment appears to be gutted ... wires everywhere ... missing panels and other parts
[21:57] <Ken> "hmm no em at all, no radiological activity. I think the power plant has been removed."
[21:57] <bynw> *the internal door appears to be half-open ... it was an electronic door which lead to the clone tank*
[21:58] <Raith> "Jaeih, move behind me. Keep the light at my back, not in my eyes. Help the others, i'll be fine."
[21:58] <Raith> !df 4
[21:58] <ChanServ> Result: (-)( )(-)(-)
[21:58] <bynw> *she moves in behind Raith
[21:58] <Raith> ::Lifts his sunglasses to his head::
[21:58] * Ken pulls out a sonar scanner and proceeds to scann the area
[21:59] <Raith> ::Moves onward towards the half-open door::
[21:59] <Raith> ??that the only door in here??
[21:59] * Sathara moves closer to Raith, behind Jaeih, and shines the flashlight around.
[22:00] * Ken switches to deep radar scanner and sweeps the floor
[22:01] <Raith> ::Steps through to the other room and makes room for the others to follow. he steps lightly taking care not to trip::
[22:01] * Ken nods to himself
[22:02] <Ken> "Cap this place has been gutted; the place where I would expect a reactor is vast open space."
[22:02] <Sathara> "Why do I doubt this place was gutted by scavengers?"
[22:03] <Raith> "Might have been the scouts, but I doubt it."
[22:04] <Raith> ::runs his hands over some of the loose wiring:: "Whoever did this took their time and had the right tools for the job. This was done with intent, done by someone who knew what they where doing."
[22:05] <Sathara> "Exactly, cap'n."
[22:06] * Ken nods as he looks at a display.
[22:06] <Raith> ::Sighs and closes his eyes, he whispers to himself in the darkness:: "Talk to me dad, what did you leave..."
[22:06] * Ken points in the direction that Raith went
[22:07] <Ken> "The lifts are that way; may have to climb down with no power."
[22:07] <Raith> ::empties his thoughts and just lets his mind wander as he shuffles about the room::
[22:09] * Ken takes a 6 inch end of a disconnected power feed for later analysis
[22:09] * Ken follows Raith into the next room
[22:10] <Raith> ::sighs and opens his eyes::
[22:11] <bynw> *the 2nd room is empty ... completely stripped bare ... not a wire dangling from anywhere
[22:12] <Raith> ??A door leading anywhere else or just the lift??
[22:12] * Ken points
[22:13] <Ken> "The next room should be there with the lifts."
[22:15] <Raith> ::Moves into the next room and again makes room for the others to follow::
[22:16] * Sathara follows Raith with the flashlight in her left hand and her right hand still free to grab a gun if need be.
[22:17] * Ken follows, setting his scanner to beep if background em changes significantly
[22:18] <bynw> *Jaeih* "They stripped this room bare" *she says as she looks around the empty 2nd room*
[22:18] * Ken moves toward the lifts were and examines the area
[22:19] <Raith> ::Looks a bit perplexed and moves down the hall passing two rooms on the left and two on the right without a glance in. He stops at the doorway to the third on the left. The last of the five quarters::
[22:19] * Sathara shines the flashlight around on absolutely nothing.  "Whoever scavenged this place did a frakking good job."
[22:19] <Raith> "This was his room."
[22:19] <bynw> *Jaeih* "Something says this room wasn't stripped for parts ... the outer room looked like it was stripped for parts over the years .... but not this one ..."
[22:19] <Sathara> "Say again, cap'n?"
[22:20] <bynw> *all the doors to the quarters are closed and they are electronic doors, they have keypad entries*
[22:20] <Raith> ::Looks back at the others:: "This was his room. I...just know."
[22:20] <Raith> ::Looks down at the keypad and runs his fingers lightly over it::
[22:22] <Raith> ::Slowly he pushes the keys one at a time. 6,1,2,7,5, enter::
[22:23] <bynw> *the door clicks but doesnt open*
[22:23] <Raith> ::Looks for a seem or edge to force open the door::
[22:24] <bynw> *the seem is too deep into the doorjam*
[22:24] * Ken examines the lift mechanism
[22:24] <Raith> "Frak."
[22:25] <Raith> ::Moves out of Kens way::
[22:25] <Raith> "I think I unlocked it, just have to get the damn thing to slide open."
[22:26] <Raith> ::Closes his eyes and breaths deeply::
[22:26] <bynw> *Jaeih stops at one of the other quarters. looking at the keypad. which she promptly pops open to reveal the curciuts under it ....*
[22:26] * Ken glances up at Cap and moves to the door pulling out a small divice that looks like pluger with a parallel handle
[22:28] * Ken attaches it to the door and then attaches a small cable to his belt back
[22:28] <Raith> !df 5
[22:28] <ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )( )(-)
[22:28] <bynw> *the door slides open easily
[22:28] * Sathara stands there with the flashlight in her left hand and her right hand ready to grab a weapon, if need be.
[22:28] <bynw> *grating across the floor*
[22:29] <Raith> ::Smiles at Ken::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member