News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

Episode 47

Started by Bynw, 12 August 2011, 22:42:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   **** recap ****
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   While the crew of the Lady Luck relaxes from their ordeal.
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   Most outside of the crew believing the crew has experienced
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   a misjump and ending up 3 months out of sync with the rest
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   of the universe. The crew is listening and talking with a
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   Klade Senator, who is also the new leader of the Klade.
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   Ken, meanwhile has been in contact with an engineering team
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   to come look at the Lady Luck to assess its damage. And it is
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   close to the time now that the crew would arrive at the
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   landing platform holding the Lady Luck.
[08:35:10 PM] <bynw>   **** end recap ****
[08:35:57 PM] <bynw>   *Ken has left the group already and is making his way back to the landing platform holding the Lady Luck*
[08:36:40 PM]     * Ken makes some notes about the reluctance of the Klade leader giving coordinates.
[08:37:22 PM]     * Ken saves the notes and then calls up his preliminary damage assessment
[08:38:18 PM] <Ken>   ::to the first team member he sees:: "Who is the senior engineer on this team?"
[08:39:34 PM] <bynw>   *as Ken makes his way to the landing platform, it is already a buzz of activity there. there are number of people all over. at least several dozen. outside the ship, entering and leaving the ship ... on top of the ship ... all around it.
[08:40:17 PM] <bynw>   *one man is standing watching, talking to others via a headset and holding a datapad, the rank of lieutenant in the ADF
[08:41:40 PM] <bynw>   " ... ok. give me a run down by the numbers please." *the man says into his headset while vaugly acknowledging Ken's presence.
[08:42:22 PM] <Ken>   ::approaching the lieutenant:: "Lieutenant... ? I am the chief engineer, Ken Starmane. I'd like your assessment please."
[08:43:59 PM] <bynw>   " no. that's not right and completely out of compliance as well. give that figure to  me again and tripple check it before you do." *he says, obviously talking to someone else and holding up his index finger to Ken*
[08:44:55 PM] <bynw>   " .. alright that's triple checked? " *he has very perplexed look on his face* "scan it and transfer it to me. that can't be right."
[08:45:54 PM] <Ken>   "And what woulsd that be Lieytenant?"
[08:46:46 PM] <bynw>   *he looks at his datapad as the screen flashes a moment, still looking very perplexed by whatever he sees .... he looks at Ken* "You are the chief engineer?"
[08:47:10 PM] <Ken>   "Aye"
[08:47:31 PM] <bynw>   "Your ship has a lot of damange. Some of it very inconsistant with damange that we
[08:47:55 PM] <bynw>   've seen with most misjumps. looks like you had one hell of a ride. you are lucky this thing landed."
[08:48:16 PM]     * Ken consults his own notes
[08:48:39 PM] <Ken>   "What areas are inconsistent?"
[08:49:36 PM] <Ken>   "I thought some of the damage appearred odd as well."
[08:49:57 PM] <bynw>   "you are missing a lot of armor plating. there is significant structural damage to the superstructure. exposed systems. looks like the ship took a beating."
[08:51:48 PM] <Ken>   "It did, what would be your opionn of the source of the damage if you had not known that we misjumped?"
[08:52:00 PM] <bynw>   "i'm getting all the reports from my teams now. by the looks of things there is no way we can repair this ship here. it will have to be space docked."
[08:52:39 PM]     * Ken nods
[08:52:49 PM] <Ken>   "I was fairly sure that might be the case
[08:52:50 PM] <Ken>   "
[08:53:25 PM] Join   DesertRose has joined this channel (~DesertRose@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator).
[08:54:14 PM] <bynw>   "the good news is sir, we can repair it, in about a month. the bad news is, the ship will have to be towed. no way with this damage am i going to certify it spaceworthy."
[08:55:58 PM] <Ken>   "I will be accompanying you of course. I want to ovesee the entire process. May I see your assessemtn>"
[08:56:07 PM]     * Ken holds out his hand for the datapad
[08:56:30 PM] <bynw>   "i'll transfer the data over to your pad"
[08:57:25 PM] <Ken>   "What would have been your guess as to the cause of the damage if we had not reported the misjump?"
[08:59:33 PM] <bynw>   "well it looks like you encountered a debris field. this could have been done in a misjump. it's not uncommon. some of the damage, as you can see in my teams report actually looks ... well deliberate."
[09:01:01 PM] <Ken>   "My thoughts as well, but in my opinion not from weapons fire. Do you concur?"
[09:04:55 PM] <bynw>   "no it wasn't weapons fire. but i have no idea what i could be either."
[09:06:05 PM] <bynw>   *he taps and slides his screen some and then turns the pad toward you.* "now lietenant starmane i just need you thumbprint authorization to tow the ship"
[09:06:53 PM]     * Ken reads the fine print
[09:08:10 PM] <bynw>   *the fine print is standard. as an alliance engineer himself, he knows it well*
[09:08:55 PM]     * Ken places his thumb print
[09:09:50 PM]     * Ken calls up an image and shows it to the Lieutenant.
[09:10:27 PM] <bynw>   *he takes teh pad back and presses his hand to the earpiece of his headset* "ok boys its a wrap. our tug is in route. time to clear out you have 5 minutes or you end up a statistic."
[09:11:43 PM] <Ken>   ::It is a ship that that has scratched and torn plating; although the materials are not standard issue. The title of the image is covered but it is a toy spaceship that has been a chew toy::
[09:12:06 PM] <Ken>   "Is this similar type damage?"
[09:13:53 PM] <bynw>   *he gives a chuckle* "given what this is an image of ... i dont really want to think what is waiting out there in jumpspace ... and we are all lucky its not encountered very much or at all for that matter. but yes, it is 'similar' but not exact. "
[09:15:45 PM] <Ken>   "My thoughts exactly; thank you Lieuteneant now have you got space on that tug for me?"
[09:16:10 PM] <bynw>   "its hard to explain. but with this image of yours, the damage, although deliberate, is random. the damage your ship has is not random."
[09:16:23 PM]     * Ken nods
[09:17:41 PM] <Ken>   "I think it is more like an attempt to peel the shell away from a nut sdo you can eat it."
[09:18:09 PM] <bynw>   *the men are coming off the ship, sliding down ladders. coming out from the inside of the ship. one man comes down the ramp of the Lady Luck, yelling at others to hurry up. and several more men come out of the ship. then he hits the outside security lock to raise the docking ramp*
[09:20:55 PM] <bynw>   "You've got 2 minutes people. Clear this docking platform now!" *he turns to Ken* "You'll have to come with me lietenant." *he says while heading back inside ... but the sound of a ship coming down is near deafning as it manuevers closer to the docking platform*
[09:21:33 PM]     * Ken follows the lieutenant
[09:22:32 PM]     * Ken compares the damage report with his own assessment on the way
[09:24:08 PM] <bynw>   *the engineering teams report is far more detailed with better images due to having the ability to move about the ship rather than relying solely on the ships systems itself*
[09:27:37 PM] <bynw>   *stopping just inside the complex the two watch the tow ship manuver itself directly above the lady luck. extending several tow cables down to the hull of the lady luck with securing maglifts. the sound of them connecting echos loudly even inside
[09:28:36 PM]     * Ken compares the location of the clamps to his stress analysis he did after the exit from "storm"
[09:30:14 PM] <bynw>   *the thrusters fire on the tow ship, bathing the platform in bright light of firey death for anyone who would still be on it, and the lady luck begins to rise slowly
[09:30:47 PM] <Ken>   "I would like to get samples of these areas for analysis."
[09:31:10 PM] Quit   DesertRose has left this server (Quit: DesertRose withers away.).
[09:31:13 PM]     * Ken points to several areas that appear more deliberate and refined
[09:32:30 PM] <bynw>   *the tow cables are rolled in bringing the lady luck closer to its ride as it continues its slow climb up the atmosphere and eventually out of sight in the clouds
[09:33:12 PM] Join   Festil has joined this channel (~wirednet@OWIRCN-06887da7.gar.clearwire-wmx.net).
[09:33:54 PM] <Ken>   "Lieuteneant I would like to head out to the space dock now if you do not mind."
[09:34:31 PM] <bynw>   *LT* "We have a transport at the next landing platform. you can ride up with us there."
[09:35:39 PM] <Ken>   :: still examing the report in some detail looking for any correlation between the areas that appear more deliberate than the others :: "Lead the way"
[09:38:30 PM] <bynw>   *the lieutenant leads Ken over to the next docking platform. there is a large shuttle waiting there, warmed up and ready to launch* "Lets get on board it will take about half an hour to reach the spacedock from here"
[09:40:57 PM] <Ken>   :: nodding absently :: "That will give me time to give you a list of the samples I want to examine:

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member