News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

session 9

Started by Bynw, 08 March 2012, 19:48:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

20:43 <~bynw> ***********
20:43 <~bynw> The group has reached a Spectral Magician safehouse in southern Adan. Making good use of the food, water and clothing from their ordeal they have time to rest and even relax. But the threat of this new war is ever present as Johannes has announced that the Anadari would be mounting an assult on the attacker's flagship out sea. And has even indicated that the Emperor has called the Anadari into service to the Empire once more to combat this threat to the safety and security of the Empire.
20:43 <~bynw> ...
20:43 <~bynw> All of this information is confirmed by Luc who has once again been in contact with his Order.
20:43 <~bynw> *************
20:44 <~bynw> :: Ri'am heads off back to the library ::
20:45 < Luc> "Don't take too long, my friend. Once we're ready to leave, we need to head for the portal and get to Montair."
20:48  * Mirina settles Adrian in a room upstairs in the house and returns downstairs to find out what the plan is.
20:50 < Luc> **What time is it?**
20:52 <~bynw> ** early morning, after your late night excape from the ruins of South Wind
20:52 < Luc> ***About how long until dawn?***
20:54 <~bynw> !! about 3 hours
20:56 < Luc> "I propose, and you all are more than welcome to disagree, that we take a couple hours rest, at least til morning. Then, we head for the portal and leave for the new capital."
20:58 < Mirina> "I concur.  We'll be useless if we're overtired."
21:04 < Luc> "Then I suggest we get to it. Get some rest. We're leaving in a few hours. All of us."
21:05 <~bynw> *night gives way to dawn over the small cottage in the woods where the survivors have slept the night. rays of sunlight streaming into the windows bathing the house in warmth far away from any conflicts
21:07 < Luc> *stretches and yawns, before rolling out of a chair and going to wake the rest of the group*
21:07  * Mirina awakens with the dawn light through the windows, stretching and yawning.
21:08  * Luc looks around, locating the portal square in the tiled garden room down the hall from library.
21:08 < Luc> *the library
21:12 < Luc> *gathers the group into the garden in front of the portal square, indicating the portal and waiting for the psionically gifted to learn its location*
21:13  * Mirina stands, tidily groomed for the first time since before the attack, before the portal square dressed in a somewhat too long blue dress.
21:17 <~bynw> *a yellow hooded and robed figure appears on the portal square and in a voice that has been changed by magic speaks* "You will not be taking this portal."
21:18 < Mirina> "And why not?"
21:18 < Luc> *looks up at the figure, startled briefly* "Excuse me, sir, but why do you block our way and why are we not taking the portal?"
21:20 <~bynw> *an other robed and hooded figure appears behind the group blocking the exit to the garden, his robes are indigo in color* "Because brother. It is not necessary." *his voice too is altered*
21:21 < Luc> *startled to see another spectral, he inclines his head* "Why is it not necessary, brother?"
21:23 <~bynw> *the yellow* "We have come for the boy. The survivor of South Wind. His presence is required of the Senate. And you will have another task."
21:24 < Mirina> "What do you want with him?  He's just a boy, scarce more than a child."
21:24 < Luc> *checks their robes, looking for an indicating stripe that assures that the two are who they say they are, before responding*
21:25 <~bynw> !! there is no doubt that they are Spectral Magicians. Even their presence here without alarming you first is a full indication
21:27 < Luc> "I would normally not question others of our order on this, brothers, but the Lady has a point. I wish to insure that the Senate doesn't endanger the boy. He survived an extremely large ordeal, and has had little time to recover mentally or emotionally, despite his physical wounds being healed by the Lady here."
21:28 <~bynw> *a white robed and hooded figure appears right next to Mirina's ear* "He will not be harmed in the slightest. Due to his survivor status he must come before the Senate now, not later."
21:29 -!- fudgebob [~fudgebob@9C6C4E.EFDB47.5654A7.12449A] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
21:29 -!- fudgebob [~fudgebob@9C6C4E.EFDB47.5654A7.12449A] has joined #teara-adan
21:29 -!- mode/#teara-adan [+h fudgebob] by ChanServ
21:30 < Luc> *glances over* "Brothers, if more of us join in this small area, we may need to spread out a little. It is getting slightly crowded on this square." *chuckles a little to break the tension*
21:30 < Mirina> "I know little of the Spectral Magicians.  What do you hold most sacred?"
21:31 < Luc> "The Empire."
21:31 < Luc> *at the same time as the others*
21:33 < Mirina> "Would you swear on your allegiance to the Empire, then, that the boy Adrian, the survivor of South Wind, will come to no harm under your care?"
21:33 < Luc> *looks to the three other magicians*
21:35 <~bynw> *the yellow* "Of course. Just as you served as a Healer in the old Emperor's Household Lady Mirina we shall swear by the Empire that the boy Adrian will come to no harm under our care."
21:36 < Luc> "I do have one question, brothers. Have there been any others that have escaped from South Wind after the bombardment was started? Were any of the others in our order able to escape? Was the general populace killed outright or were some able to escape from the city? Do we have an estimated casualty number or percentage?"
21:36 < Mirina> "Very well.   I Healed him of his wounds, and that makes me take his safety very seriously, but since you have sworn to keep him safe, I will relinquish him."
21:36 < Luc> "Well, that may have been one question with multiple parts....."
21:40 <~bynw> *the white* "Several hundred escaped in the inital moments of the attack. By the Gate, by portals or by just fleeing the city to the countryside. Casualities are in the 10's of thousands. Once magical means were cut off from the city it became a bloodbath. Reports from other cities that were attacked are the same."
21:41 <~bynw> "Including the stories of only children being taken captive while the adults were slain, generally before their eyes."
21:44 < Luc> *nods, and brings the boy forward from behind Riam, who is standing nearby* "They will keep you as safe, if not safer, than we did, my young friend. No harm will come to you in their hands. The Senate, as you heard, would have words with you."
21:45 < Luc> *looks at the other Indigo* "Bring him to our Enclave in the city, if you would, brother. I still wish words with him once the Senate is done with him."
21:46 <~bynw> *the indigo figure nods*
21:47 < Luc> "He also warrants further.....attention. It takes incredible fortitude to do what he did, and live. Fate seems to have taken this boy under her wings."
21:51 <~bynw> "Of course" *the white says* "Bring him to us"
21:52 < Luc> *pulls the boy forward to the spectrals, handing him to them with a pat on the boy's shoulder*
21:57 <~bynw> *the yellow magician steps forward placing his hand on the boy's other shoulder*
21:58 <~bynw> "Thank you brother. We will ensure he is well taken care of ..."
21:58 < Luc> *nods* "You mentioned an assignment?"
22:00 <~bynw> *the indigo magician* "You will be contacted in time. For now. Stay here and rest." *he looks towards Johannes* "When they are ready you too shall be called Anadari."
22:02 <~bynw> *the yellow magican takes Adrian's hands in his and both vanish*
22:07 <~bynw> *the white pulls out a bound book from his robes* "Take this. You will need it." *He says handing the book over to Luc*
22:10 < Luc> *takes the book and glances up and then over to the library*
22:11 <~bynw> *the indigo moves closer to the white* "We are told to tell you that Ri'am is to have complete access to the library." *the two look at one another and then also vanish leaving the group alone once more*
22:12 < Mirina> "Well, if we're stuck here for a while, I think I'm going to see about tailoring some clothing.  I lost all my things when my horse ran away."
22:12 < Luc> *shrugs* "I guess I can change the shields to allow him access, if you would like."
22:14 < Mirina> "While you lot are magicking about, I think I'll see to the practical end of whatever happens next.  We need food and clothing and tents, all of us."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member