Main Menu

session 10

Started by Bynw, 17 March 2012, 19:48:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

21:03 <~bynw> ***
21:03 <~bynw> So it has come to War
21:03 <~bynw> Several days have passed in the secluded Adanian cottage. Here the 4 would be travellers have licked their wounds and rested from their exhaustion. The exact number of days is scketchy due to the secultion and quiet offered by the cottage. Idle for study and relaxation time has blurred together several days.
21:03 <~bynw> Ever since the 3 Spectrals showed up and took the boy Adrian away, no word has come about the War that started with the destruction of the Imperial Capital of South Wind. No call and no summons for those that escaped the city.
21:05 < Riam> ::Is quietly reading in the library. A bit disconcerning watching a youthful slip of a girl reading tomes weighting dozens of pounds:
21:06  * Mirina sits in the common room stitching the final embroidery onto a blue tunic that looks very like the one that got destroyed by the trek through the sewers.
21:06 < Luc> ::Sits near Riam, reading, relaxing, studying different books on spells of Invocation::
21:07  * Johannes paces about restlessly and silently, oftentimes wandering significantly afield of the cottage scouting, looking for signs of activity from afar.
21:09 < Mirina> ::Near Mirina's feet is a heap of fabric, cut pieces of more tunics and trews, and pieces of more blue linen that Mirina intends to sew into a dress.::
21:10 < Riam> ::Looks up at Johannes as he paces about the cottage:: "I thought you Anadari where implacable and stoic?"
21:11 < Luc> *looks up* "That doesn't necessarily preclude impatience, Riam."
21:12  * Johannes offers a gruff yet wry grin, his eyes never seeming to rest in one place for long. "There are statues and tales commemorating those of my House that were implacable and stoic. I would prefer to find myself amongst neither."
21:13 < Riam> ::Laughes:: "Then become a farmer."
21:15  * Mirina looks up from her sewing.  "My Lord Spectral, is there leather here that can be made into a pack?"
21:16 < Luc> "There are many spare packs in one of the closets down the hall. There should be a brown one that will suit your purpose, as well as others that are dyed, and a clean satchel that you can use as well."
21:16 < Mirina> "Ah, excellent.  Then I don't have to attempt to sew leather."
21:17  * Johannes harrumphs and adjusts his belt. "If only pitchforks and shovels would avail us against the dreadful enemies that beset us now."
21:18 < Luc> *frowns, thinking*
21:18 < Mirina> "Well, there's no sense in going out unprepared, and I for one lost all my clothing and my pack when I lost my horse in the attack."
21:18 < Luc> *stands, walking to the contact book, writing a message quickly, requesting information*
21:19 < Mirina> "And my Healer's satchel is fine, now I've had a chance to give it a good washing."'
21:20 < Riam> "Why fight these people? Why is the empire better then they are?" ::To Johannes::
21:22 < Luc> "Well, friends, I have instructions."
21:23 < Johannes> "Perhaps I missed something, good fellow, but...I hadn't noticed any discrimination with regards to the invaders' choice of victims."
21:24 < Luc> "We must wait until dusk. Then open this" *flourishes the small book* "in front of all of you."
21:24 < Riam> ::Rolls his eyes::
21:26 < Riam> ::Shrugs:: "You mean to say the invaders are here to kill everyone? Women, Children, farmers, merchants?"
21:26 < Johannes> "As near as I can tell...yes."
21:27 < Mirina> ::quietly:: "It seems to me they wanted to enslave the children and kill everyone else."
21:29 < Riam> "That is madness. They can not hope to maintain their army without food and cannot get food without farmers. Without the small folk they can't hold the land, just clear it." ::Looks puzzled at Johannes::
21:29 < Johannes> "An enslaved people are not a people, but a commodity. Cunning and cold steel, wrath and hidden wisdom, these are the watchwords of freedom."
21:32 < Luc> ::What time is it?"
21:32 < Luc> *::
21:32 <~bynw> !! dusk will fall in less than an hour
21:34 < Luc> *gathers the group in the central room as dusk falls, pulling them together and bringing out the small book*
21:35 < Luc> *as dusk falls, opens the book in front of them all*
21:36 < Riam> "Ah orders for the solider's from your betters."
21:36 <~bynw> * as Luc opens the book light fills the entire room, rising from its pages bathing the room in silverly glow and the room itself seems to fade away in its light
21:38 <~bynw> * then there are shadows ... growing in number out of the light from tiny pinpoints to man sized shapes ... a dozen and more all around them
21:39 < Riam> ::Looks concerned, she fingers a dagger hilt in the small of her back and slowly backs into a wall::
21:40 < Luc> ::concentrates, trying to sense what's going on, but readies a spell anyway::
21:40 <~bynw> * other shapes of shadows form as well out of the pinpoints. purhaps things that would be tables or counters given the placing and shapes they are taking. the man shadows move
21:42  * Mirina shoulders the pack she's spent the last several days stocking and places a hand over her short sword.
21:43 <~bynw> *then slowly .. barely audible at first as a buzz is sound ... growing in intensity and volume until the sound becomes the buzz of voices, many voices all talking at once
21:44 < Mirina> ::alarmed:: "My Lord Spectral, what the merry hell is happening here?"
21:45 < Luc> ::slightly less alarmed:: "I don't know, but I suspect we may have been transported to the new gathering of the Senate. Or some other rather powerful group of people."
21:45 <~bynw> * and the shadows meld into actual objects, tables with maps. and dozens of people ... all speaking Cana ... they barely notice your presense. ... 
21:46  * Johannes curses violently under his breath, drawing his sword and quickly and expertly lacing it's edge with poison.
21:46 < Luc> ::Listens in, wondering where we are, looking around for another spectral::
21:46 < Luc> !!Any of them around?!!
21:47 <~bynw> *the people are a host of voices. Spectrals. Anadari. Priests and Bishops. And soldiers of the many nations that make up the Empire. And those who are neither
21:47 < Luc> ::Looks up, speaking:: "What the bloody hells was that, and where the hell are we?"
21:48  * Johannes looks momentarily confused, his eyelids fluttering in a telltale pattern briefly.
21:48 <~bynw> :: one of the Spectrals, an Orange, turns to the sound of Luc's voice::
21:49 <~bynw> "Brother welcome. You are the ones that brought the boy." ::he says under his hooded cloak, looking at the others::
21:50 < Luc> "Yes, we are. Thank you, Brother. Where are we, and why?"
21:50 < Riam> ::Steps forward to the Orange:: "Who is the boy...really?"
21:50 < Luc> ::Shoots a look at Riam::
21:51 < Riam> ::Ignores Luc::
21:51 <~bynw> ::Orange Magician, to Luc:: "The War Room. You are free agents that are needed from time to time. Not really assigned to any combat unit."
21:52 < Mirina> "What the hell is going on here?  I am no soldier."
21:53 < Luc> ::to Mirina, and the group:: "To the Spectrals, free agents are usually people that we use that aren't amongst the order. To the Emperor, general people aren't soldiers. Free agents to him would be someone who has a talent for getting things done, or is necessary in service to the Empire at the time. Soldiers isn't really an appropriate title."
21:54 < Mirina> ::indignantly:: "People you USE?!  Use how?"
21:55 < Luc> ::calmly:: "What else? To secure the Empire and ensure it's security. The responsibility of those in places of power sometimes includes using people, despite whether we or they like it or not. We usually try to ask, though. But we were all forced this time."
21:56 <~bynw> ::Orange Magician:: "Your skills as a healer are needed." :: another robed Spectral takes his attention away from the four and he motions into the crowd and points to the 4 as he is led away::
21:57 < Luc> ::Follows, indicating the others to do the same::
21:57 <~bynw> :: A uniformed soldier comes up to Luc ::
21:58 < Luc> ::Looks at the soldier:: "Yes?"
21:58 < Riam> ::Rolls his eyes and mutters:: "No answer, is an answer in itself::
21:58  * Mirina looks at Ri'am.  "Indeed."
21:58 <~bynw> "You are not to follow. I am to answer your questions and fill you in on the details" :: he says, his Cana has an accent to it, he is not Adanian::
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member