• Welcome to Teara Adan Adventures.

News:

The Teara Adan campaign is using Polyhedral Fudge

Main Menu

session 19

Started by Bynw, 22 August 2012, 18:45:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

19:59 <~anlarye> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
19:59 <~anlarye> ---------------------------- Previously -----------------------------
19:59 <~anlarye> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
19:59 <~anlarye> < Riam> "What do these Mohadine sacrifice for their sorcery?"
19:59 <~anlarye> <~bynw> "To do what my Brother Luc is suggesting. Although possible,
19:59 <~anlarye>         would be a high price. Taking several mages to cast together
19:59 <~anlarye>         and possibly taking their lives in the process. Nothing like
19:59 <~anlarye>         this has been done in centuries."
19:59 <~anlarye> < Luc> "Is it possible to bypass something that strong? Given our
19:59 <~anlarye>        current resources in manpower and magical devices? And would
19:59 <~anlarye>        the bracers have any effect on something that strong?"
19:59 <~anlarye> < Riam> "Mariabronn has done it. They might know the answers to your
19:59 <~anlarye>         questions."
19:59 <~anlarye> < Riam> "Might be able to track such magics even. If the Mohadine
19:59 <~anlarye>         have used them."
19:59 <~anlarye> < Luc> "Given their ability to block spells using these bracers,
19:59 <~anlarye>        i doubt they haven't thought to block their home from incoming
19:59 <~anlarye>        remote relocation spells."
19:59 <~anlarye> < Riam> "We need answers. We need interrogation. We need to scout,
19:59 <~anlarye>         and for that we need to speak their language."
19:59 <~anlarye> <~bynw> "That could be done easily enough with help of magic Ri'am."
19:59 <~anlarye> < Luc> "Even my magic, as it is, might be able to do that."
19:59 <~anlarye> < Riam> "I thought so. So do we have a plan then. Find the Mohadine.
19:59 <~anlarye>         Talk to Mariabronn. Drop these Bor'dah on the Mohadine
19:59 <~anlarye>         homeland and let them do their worst?"
19:59 <~anlarye> <~bynw> ::the duke stands and motions for everyone else to stand
19:59 <~anlarye>         as well::
19:59 <~anlarye> * Luc stands
19:59 <~anlarye> < Riam> ::Is already standing, but takes a long drink of his wine::
19:59 <~anlarye> * Mirina had never sat down, but curtsies again as the Duke stands,
19:59 <~anlarye>   as if reflexively.
19:59 <~anlarye> <~bynw> ::the duke whispers a word of power::
20:01 <~anlarye> *within the span of heartbeat the group is no longer in the duke's castle or even in the duchy of stonemont.
20:02  * Mirina raises her eyebrows but says nothing for the moment.
20:02 <~anlarye> *they stand on a warm sandy beach ... the waters of the sea slap up against their feet and it is still early in the day
20:03 <~anlarye> :: the duke looks around, turning his gaze inland and then looking out to sea::
20:04 -!- Kagi is now known as Riam
20:05  * Luc looks at the Duke patiently.
20:07 < Riam> ::Takes off her shoes and walks into the water up to her ankles , a rare smile upon her face::
20:07 < Mirina> "Your Grace, not to be rude, but where exactly are we?"
20:10 <~anlarye> ::the duke smiles and points inland toward the east:: "on the other side of this island is a grand city named Mariabronn."
20:11 < Mirina> "Thank you, Your Grace."
20:14  * Luc looks passively, waiting.
20:15 < Riam> ::Looks back at the duke:: "Grand? It's it? Is that what you really think?"
20:16 <~anlarye> "You should make yourselves comfortable ... " ::the duke says pulling out a small cube, no large than 3 inches on any side, and sets it down a few yards from the sandy shore::
20:17 <~anlarye> ::coming back to the others:: "Yes it is grand. The city could rival the grandure of Montre. But then the Kings here are of Adanian royal blood."
20:22 < Mirina> !df 4
20:22 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)(+)(+)
20:22 < Luc> !df4
20:22 < Luc> !df 4
20:22 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(+)( )( )
20:22 < Riam> !df 4
20:22 <@ChanServ> Result: ( )( )(-)(-)
20:24 < Riam> ::Splashes around in the water a little::
20:25 < Mirina> !df 4
20:25 <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)( )( )
20:27 < Riam> "I've been to Montre, I wasn't impressed. But then again perhaps I go places a your lordship would never find yourself."
20:28  * Luc looks up at the others, and the Duke. sharply.
20:28 < Luc> "Did you all just feel that?"
20:28 <~anlarye> ::the duke seems to be enjoing the sea air:: "I only rarely get out to the sea"
20:30 < Riam> ::Looks back at the duke:: "It makes you feel clean, if only for a bit, yes?"
20:31  * Luc looks at Mirina
20:35 < Mirina> "Yes, my Lord Spectral, I did feel something."
20:35 <~anlarye> ::horses can be heard from the east::
20:37  * Luc looks at the other two, then looks up towards the horses.
20:38 < Luc> "Your grace?"
20:38  * Mirina looks to the east, in the direction of the sound of horses.
20:39 < Riam> ::Looks to the duke with suspicion::
20:40 <~anlarye> *Three men on horse back are riding into view as they have just crested a hill that blocks the sight of what is beyond it, they are moving fast and will be upon the Adanian's within minutes::
20:40  * Mirina turns back to the duke.  "Your Grace?  Did you summon them?"
20:40 <~anlarye> ::the duke looks in the direction of the horse:: "Good. Let us get ready for our guests shall we."
20:41 < Riam> "What is the block for?" ::points to the cube the duke was handling::
20:41  * Luc takes several steps away from the group in the opposite direction of the horses, but stops after 3 steps.
20:42 <~anlarye> ::he points towards the small cube that sits between them and the riders just off the beach. he speaks the words of magic and the cube transforms itself into medium sized cottage. very much like the one used as the safehouse in the woods::
20:43  * Mirina raises her eyebrows again.
20:44 < Luc> "So, your grace.....a question.....the safehouse.....was that of your doing? I thought it seemed a little.....YOU." *grins at the Duke a little*
20:44 < Riam> ::sighs:: "not very subtle, but lavish cousin. you certainly travel well."
20:44 <~anlarye> ::the duke walks to the cottage:: "Anyone care for some refreshments?"
20:45  * Luc follows the Duke.
20:46  * Mirina follows the Spectrals toward the cottage.
20:47 < Riam> ::follows, putting back on her shoes as she goes::
20:48 <~anlarye> *inside the cottage it is very much the same layout, although the library is not as big nor is it well stocked. but otherwise it has all the comforts of home and supplies necessary for a long stay*
20:49 <~anlarye> ::the duke shakes his head:: "No brother, the safehouse that you resided in was not of my doing. Although both share simularities."
20:49 < Riam> ::Pours herself some wine::
20:49  * Mirina pours herself a half glass of wine, then waters it and stirs it to mix the watered wine.
20:49 <~anlarye> *the sitting room with the refreshments has room for 7*
20:50 <~anlarye> *there is a brief knock at the door as the duke answers with a single word* "come"
20:51 < Riam> ::Downs the wine and pours another::
20:51  * Mirina sips the watered wine delicately.
20:52 <~anlarye> *three men enter, they are dressed typical riding attire expected of those with noble birth, all in their late 20's as they take 3 of the seats available within the room*
20:53  * Mirina regards the men with a measuring look and waits for the duke to make the first move.
20:54 <~anlarye> :;the duke himself sees to their refreshments before taking his own seat::
20:55 <~anlarye> *mariabronn-noble* "Thank you. Your Grace, it is good to see you again. We have drawn up the treaty between Mariabronn and the Empire."
20:55  * Luc sits, waiting patiently.
20:57 <~anlarye> "And we will commit our own troops to drive off the invaders. As they have already made some minor attacks to the harbors of Abronn."
20:58 <~anlarye> *the noble pulls out a scroll case and opens it. pulling out several sheets of rolled papers and maps*
21:00  * Luc watches and listens closely.
21:00 <~anlarye> "Our troops will combat them at sea. We have 5 ships ready to out to sea and find their flagship."
21:03 <~anlarye> "With your permission m'Lord we will use Stonemont as a base of operations for our ground troops to join the fight as well."
21:07 < Riam> ::Moves unobtrusively to stand behind the three men, moving casually, intent on her wine::
21:09 <~anlarye> ::the duke picks up the papers and begins to look them over:: "How many troops?"
21:10 <~anlarye> ::noble:: "150,000 will be our target. that should outnumber the counted force of the enemy"
21:12  * Luc looks on, still passive, but waiting for the noble to finish.
21:13  * Mirina watches quietly, sipping her watered wine and taking it all in.
21:14 <~anlarye> ::the noble looks over at Luc while the duke looks through the papers:: "You are all lucky to be alive. The Mohadine are more than well skilled in the arts of warfare, magic and many are also well trained adepts"
21:15 < Riam> ::Moves close now to the back of the man talking with the scrolls, standing behind him as if she is curious of the scrolls and trying to peek over his shoulder::
21:15  * Mirina turns a facial expression on the noble that quite clearly says "No shit!" before she remembers to school her face to passivity.
21:16 < Luc> "Luck may have had an extreme amount to do with it, my lord. But it wasn't that entirely. Having companions, even by chance, that were skilled and gifted even beyond the Mohadine helped. Greatly."
21:17 < Luc> 0
21:17 <~anlarye> "Striking them at their homeland is an interesting idea and may yet be undertaken. We know just the people for such an attack."
21:19 < Riam> ??Was that last from the duke or the mariabronn noble??
21:19 <~anlarye> *the noble addresses Mirina* "The Anadari are skilled and gifted. But the Mohadine adepts are equals to them. As they are equals to us."
21:19 <~anlarye> !! noble !!
21:19 < Riam> ::Standing close now to the man talking, she talks in a low voice:: "Do you?"
21:19 < Riam> "Who?"
21:20 < Mirina> "Indeed."
21:21 < Mirina> "But I am not Anadari myself, though we once had a companion who was."
21:21 <~anlarye> *noble* "You and your companions Ri'am." ::he says turning around quickly and grabbing Ri'am's wrist tightly::
21:22 < Riam> ::A dagger appears in her hand from her sleeve:: "Unhand me now or I'll unhand you now."
21:24 < Riam> !df4
21:24 < Riam> !df 4
21:24 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)(+)
21:25 <~anlarye> !df4
21:25 <~anlarye> !df 4
21:25 <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )(-)(+)
21:26 < Riam> ::Snarls viciously and strikes with the dagger at the nobles hand::
21:26  * Mirina jumps in the direction of Ri'am and the noble, intending to break it up.
21:28 <~anlarye> ::the noble releases Ri'am's wrist just a few moments later::
21:28 < Riam> ::Stands stock still, the snarl locked on her face, knife frozen in mid-strike::
21:30  * Mirina steps between the noble and Ri'am, hands out.  "Hey, we're all on the same side here, I don't want to have to Heal anybody until we're fighting the actual enemy."
21:30 < Riam> ::The knife comes down, though the man's hand has moved. Moving again she backs up a pace, knife still in hand::
21:31 < Luc> "Riam."
21:31 < Riam> ::Ignores Luc::
21:31 <~anlarye> ::the noble looks at Ri'am and says something in an foreign language, not recognizable to the others::
21:32 < Riam> ::Answers in the same tongue, with obvious spite and hatred::
21:33 < Luc> "If you want to continue being welcome, and to continue under my protection....and my patronage....you will sit down. NOW."
21:34 <~anlarye> ::the noble continues talking to Ri'am::
21:36 < Riam> ::Again, he answers in the same foreign tongue::
21:40 < Riam> ::Spits at the nobles feet::
21:41 < Riam> ::The dagger disappears back up her sleeve::
21:42  * Mirina looks from Ri'am to the noble and back again.
21:42 < Mirina> "What the actual hell just happened here?"
21:42 <~anlarye> *noble* "Well I'm glad that is settled." ::returns his attention to the Duke:: "I hope you find everything in order your Grace."
21:46 < Riam> ::Now in the native Cana:: "You'll need more then three people to turn the mohadine ships back for home."
21:46 < Riam> "You'll need raiders."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member