[20:05] <~bynw> * required for their task ahead. *
[20:05] <~bynw> * ---                            *
[20:05] <~bynw> * The Elf has walked into a      *
[20:05] <~bynw> * nearby shop with the others    *
[20:05] <~bynw> * close to his heals.            *
[20:05] <~bynw> **********************************
[20:05] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:08] <Alderic> ::Ducks into the shop behind the elf::
[20:09] * Alianna follows Alderic, having cleaned her short sword and sheathing it as she walks into the shop.
[20:09] <~bynw> *the elf is already in the middle of a conversation with the shopkeeper when Alderic comes in. they are both speaking that flowing language that sounds like a dialect of Elvish*
[20:10] <~bynw> *the interior of the shop is dimly lit. there are all kinds of items sitting on every nook and available space. statues, wands, staffs, a few weapons and armors.*
[20:13] <~bynw> *your friend is rather animated with his conversation with the shopkeeper and has opened up the scroll case and spead its contents out in front of the shopkeepr, who happens to be an elf as well. pointing things out to him as they talk*
[20:13] <Alderic> ::Begins looking about the shop as the two converse::
[20:13] * Alianna looks around, never quite looking away from the elf.
[20:16] <Alderic> ::Turns his back to the two and mutters under his breath while making some small but complex hand jestures::
[20:16] <Alderic> ! df4
[20:17] <Alderic> !df 4
[20:17] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )(+)
[20:18] <~bynw> *as the two elves are talking ... the shopkepper suddenly stops and looks in the direction of Alderic*
[20:20] <Alderic> ::turns to meet the shop keepers gaze, looking like the cat that ate the canary::
[20:20] <Alderic> "What?"
[20:20] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper rattles off something in the near musical language while pointing at Alderic*
[20:21] <Alderic> "Sorry. Can you make an amulet to protect the mind from unwanted intrusion?"
[20:21] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper turns back to his customer and speaks with him again but stops in mid sentence*
[20:21] * Alianna regards Alderic curiously, tempted to attempt mind speech to find out just what the merry hell he just did.
[20:22] <~bynw> *shopkeeper redirects his attention to Alderic, again speaking in the Elvish dialect*
[20:24] <Alderic> "How about tattoos, hmm?"
[20:24] <Alderic> ::Smiles and approches the shop keep::
[20:26] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper is behind a bench ... almost chest high (for a regularsized human or elf). he again speaks to Alderic*
[20:28] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper returns his attention back to your companion and resumes his conversation with him.*
[20:28] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "An amulet then. And it needs to be able to tip me off if someone is trying, or worse succeeded."
[20:32] <~bynw> *your companion looks to Alderic* "25,000 and we can have our device made in 3 days. the rest would be due at pick up." *he says in Cana*
[20:32] <~bynw> !df 4
[20:32] <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)(+)
[20:34] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper begins rummaging through some packed space behind the counter where he stands pulling out a box or two and discarding it while mumbling to himself*
[20:34] <Alderic> ::To the shop keeper:: "How much at pick up and how much for the amulet?"
[20:37] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper looks up from his digging around the stacks of boxes and drawers of stuff he has behind the counter and answers Alderic's querry in Elvish*
[20:38] <Alderic> ::bows at the neck to the shopkeeper:: "Your an artist and a gentleman. You have a deal."
[20:38] * Alianna looks a little confused.
[20:39] * Alianna doesn't speak any form of Elvish.
[20:39] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper gets a smile on his face as he pulls out silver chain with an brilliant blue amethyst stone setting at the end and puts it on the counter. then begins rolling up the scrolls*
[20:39] <~bynw> *he points to the amulet on the counter and again speaks to Alderic*
[20:41] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper looks back and forth between Alderic and the other elf*
[20:42] <Alderic> ::pulls out three small rolled parchments secured with ribbon and a wax seal from the bag at his hip. He breaks the seal on one and unrolls it for the shopkeeper to inspect. Laying the other two on the counter::
[20:42] * Alianna stands back, keeping an eye on their Elven companion as well as the shopkeeper and periodically checking the doors and windows of the shop.
[20:42] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper inspects the parchments*
[20:44] <~bynw> *he nods in approval scooping up the 3 rolls he nods at the 2 and speaks again before placing the scrolls and rolls under the counter*
[20:45] <Alderic> ::Nods to the man, scoops up the amulet and puts it around his neck::
[20:45] * Alianna quirks an eyebrow at Alderic.
[20:46] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper grabs the scrolls and the rolls he had placed under the counter and then slips behind a drawn curtain behind him leaving the 3 standing alone in the shop*
[20:46] <~bynw> *elf* "Well we have 3 days. We should stay in one of the inns nearby."
[20:47] <Alianna> "I can live with that."
[20:47] <Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "What am I thinking?"
[20:48] <Alderic> ::Tucks the amulet under his shirt, against his skin::
[20:49] * Alianna leans in and attempts mind contact with Alderic.
[20:49] <~bynw> *elf* "We will get a common room for the 3 of us ... safer that way ..." *he says as he heads for the door*
[20:50] <Alianna> !df 4
[20:50] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)( )
[20:51] <~bynw> !df 4
[20:51] <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(-)( )
[20:52] * Alianna runs aground, psychically speaking, on Alderic's shields.
[20:54] <Alderic> ::Smiles at Alianna, his eyes look her up and down once very quickly and a devilish smiles spreads across his face as he turns to follow the elf::
[20:54] <~bynw> *the elf opens the door to the shop* "Are you two coming?"
[20:56] * Alianna looks a little alarmed, but straightens up quickly and follows the elf out of the shop and in the general direction of a decent inn.
[20:57] <~bynw> *the elf passes a couple of places before deciding on one nearly 6 blocks away from the magical shop. he gets a common room for the 3 of them and pays for it himself. giving a key to each*
[20:57] <Alderic> ::To the elf:: "I'm sorry I forgot your name."
[20:58] <~bynw> *the room isnt much to be impressed about it. it's on the 2nd floor. there is a separate sleeping area but it is comfortable and securable.*
[20:59] <~bynw> *elf* "It's Penlas" *he says as they settle into the room*
[20:59] * Alianna smiles.  "That's fine.  Thank you."
[20:59] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Are either of you two skilled with warding ... I don't want to be easedropped on here"
[21:00] * Alianna goes to her pouch for ward cubes.
[21:01] <Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the warding cubes:: "Those are quite the items for a pirate to come by, much less know how to use."
[21:01] * Alianna sets up the ward cubes around the room.
[21:02] <Alianna> "I told you I didn't make a lot of noise about being Deryni, but it helps to be able to ward one's room on board the ship so that I can talk privately with people when the need arises."
[21:03] <~bynw> *after Alianna has set the wards Penlas relaxes a bit* "The Empire and my brothers are liars when it comes to the Imperial Gates."
[21:05] <Alianna> "How so?'
[21:05] <~bynw> *he looks at the other two* "What do you know about the Gates?"
[21:05] <Alderic> ::Looks confused:: "Very little."
[21:06] <Alianna> "Not a hell of a lot, except they're a way to teleport quickly."
[21:07] <~bynw> *Penlas* "The general conception is we are in Sanctuary. If we wanted to travel to Montair in Adan. We would have to travel to the South Wind Gate because they are connected. And then from South Wind to Montair because they are connected."
[21:07] <Alderic> "Each gate only connects to one destination?"
[21:08] <~bynw> "No each Gate connects to several destinations. But they are limited. The South Wind Gate connects to all gates so it's a major hub of transporation."
[21:08] <~bynw> "Or so that is the published story ... it's a lie"
[21:10] <Alderic> ::Again looks confused, but keeps quiet::
[21:10] <Alianna> "What do you mean, you can transfer from any Gate to any other Gate?"
[21:10] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Every Gate can connect to any other Gate. We could truly travel from Sanctuary to Montair directly. Or from Montair to Waldsworth in Torr. But that's not a published route."
[21:13] <~bynw> *Penlas* "There are also Gates that are hidden. Usually a Gate is built as a standalone structure. So it's off by itself and everyone can see it and knows that's the Gate. But there are some that have been built into existing structures. Hiding them from causual observation. There is one in the West Abronn Territories."
[21:14] <~bynw> "The bracers I'm having made in these 3 days. Will be able to control the Gates. Activate an inactive Gate. Change the destination of a Gate already opened. Locate hidden Gates."
[21:15] <Alderic> "To what end?"
[21:15] <~bynw> *Penlas looks at Alderic* "There is a Gate in Polaris."
[21:17] <Alianna> "Ah."
[21:19] <~bynw> *Penlas shrugs* "So all we have to do, once the bracers are made. Is goto the Gate here in Sanctuary. Tell them we want to goto South Wind or some place. Pay our transporation fees. Use the magic of the bracers and alter the destination once the Gate is active. Then you step out in Polaris."
[21:20] <Alianna> "And you're sure these bracers will work?"
[21:21] <Alderic> "You said you, not us. Your not coming with us?"
[21:22] <~bynw> *Penlas* "I said you because you will have to go before me. Once I step through the magic is cancelled."
[21:23] <Alianna> "And you're sure this is going to work?"
[21:24] <Alderic> "And once your in Polaris. What do you plan on doing? And What becomes of the bracers?"
[21:24] <~bynw> "Absolutely. That's why I was doing the reseach in Torr."
[21:26] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Nothing happens to the bracers. I don't know what I would do in Polaris. Never been there."
[21:27] * Alianna (~owner@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[21:27] * DesertRose (~owner@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator) has joined #teara-adan
[21:27] * DesertRose is now known as Alianna
[21:29] <Alderic> "Come with me to talk to the Masters council."
[21:30] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Alright ..."
[21:30] <Alderic> "You've studied the portals, what do you know about the portal plague?"
[21:31] <~bynw> "I haven't studied the Portals as much as I have studied the Gates."
10:31 Alderic "But the plague doesn't effect the gates, true?"
[21:34] <~bynw> *Penlas* "The Gates are not affected by the plague since it appears to only affect psychics and psychic items."
[21:35] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "Is there a gate in Kirsh?"
[21:35] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Not to my knowledge ... but with the bracers I would be able to know for certain"
[21:36] <Alderic> "Just like that? You'd just...know?"
[21:38] <~bynw> "I would have to instruct the bracers to scan for Gates ... just as those with psychic powers find others of their kind."
[21:41] <Alderic> "Very useful. Once you find one of these hidden gates and travel there once will you need the bracers to travel to it again in the future?"
[21:41] <Alianna> "So these bracers will be kind of like mind-speech for Gates?"
[21:42] <~bynw> "Yes the bracers are needed to overide the destinations set by the Gates. That way travel is not detected to easily."
[21:43] <Alderic> "Who created the gates?"
[21:46] <~bynw> "There is a guild of wizards and sorcerors here in the Crystal Islands that created them. Based off an older defunct teleportation network." *Penlas says*
[21:48] <Alderic> "An older network?"
[21:51] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Yes the same guild setup a teleportation device network using a type of magical mirrors centuries ago. It was destroyed in the chaos of the wars that eventually lead to the Crossroads Accord."
[21:52] <Alderic> "Ah. So then how did you find out about the gates?"
[21:52] <Alderic> "The trick that changes the destination I mean."
[21:54] <~bynw> "The Gates are based on the old system before it was destroyed. I just looked up the old info."
[21:56] <Alderic> "Could you use the old system, if one of the mirrors was intact?"
[22:00] <~bynw> *he thinks for a moment sitting back* "I don't know. It would be interesting to find out. But I don't think any of the old system is still intact."
[22:03] <Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "I've come to Adan to try to cure the portal plague. It's a psionic madness. My father thinks it's linked to a man named Chadwick. A druid of Kirsh and as crazy as they come. Now I know of only one place in Adan that is known for driving Deryni mad. Do you know where that is?"
[22:04] <~bynw> *Penlas shakes his head*
[22:06] <Alderic> "Kirsh."
[22:07] * Alianna looks alarmed at the mention of Kirsh and Deryni going mad.
[22:08] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Everyone knows where Kirsh is ... I thought you might be talking about something else."
[22:10] <Alderic> "I am. I'm talking about the Matrix there."
[22:10] <~bynw> "I don't know anything about that ... not my area of study."
[22:11] <Alderic> "The portal plague seems to act alot like this Matrix, driving anyone who is psionic and interacts with it, mad."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member

Bynw

Quote from: Bynw on 24 April 2013, 23:17:51
[20:04] * Playing 'recap.txt' to #teara-adan with 1000ms delay
[20:04] <~bynw> **********************************
[20:04] <~bynw> *   Imperial Dreams - Session 5  *
[20:05] <~bynw> *   ---------------------------  *
[20:05] <~bynw> *    Location - Sanctuary, CI    *
[20:05] <~bynw> *                                *
[20:05] <~bynw> *         Previously ...         *
[20:05] <~bynw> * The trio have made it to the   *
[20:05] <~bynw> * Crystal Islands. And have      * 
[20:05] <~bynw> * started to find the location of*
[20:05] <~bynw> * one of the artificers that can *
[20:05] <~bynw> * create the magical items       *
[20:05] <~bynw> * required for their task ahead. *
[20:05] <~bynw> * ---                            *
[20:05] <~bynw> * The Elf has walked into a      *
[20:05] <~bynw> * nearby shop with the others    *
[20:05] <~bynw> * close to his heals.            *
[20:05] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:08] <Alderic> ::Ducks into the shop behind the elf::
[20:09] * Alianna follows Alderic, having cleaned her short sword and sheathing it as she walks into the shop.
[20:09] <~bynw> *the elf is already in the middle of a conversation with the shopkeeper when Alderic comes in. they are both speaking that flowing language that sounds like a dialect of Elvish*
[20:10] <~bynw> *the interior of the shop is dimly lit. there are all kinds of items sitting on every nook and available space. statues, wands, staffs, a few weapons and armors.*
[20:13] <~bynw> *your friend is rather animated with his conversation with the shopkeeper and has opened up the scroll case and spead its contents out in front of the shopkeepr, who happens to be an elf as well. pointing things out to him as they talk*
[20:13] <Alderic> ::Begins looking about the shop as the two converse::
[20:13] * Alianna looks around, never quite looking away from the elf.
[20:16] <Alderic> ::Turns his back to the two and mutters under his breath while making some small but complex hand jestures::
[20:16] <Alderic> ! df4
[20:17] <Alderic> !df 4
[20:17] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )(+)
[20:18] <~bynw> *as the two elves are talking ... the shopkepper suddenly stops and looks in the direction of Alderic*
[20:20] <Alderic> ::turns to meet the shop keepers gaze, looking like the cat that ate the canary::
[20:20] <Alderic> "What?"
[20:20] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper rattles off something in the near musical language while pointing at Alderic*
[20:21] <Alderic> "Sorry. Can you make an amulet to protect the mind from unwanted intrusion?"
[20:21] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper turns back to his customer and speaks with him again but stops in mid sentence*
[20:21] * Alianna regards Alderic curiously, tempted to attempt mind speech to find out just what the merry hell he just did.
[20:22] <~bynw> *shopkeeper redirects his attention to Alderic, again speaking in the Elvish dialect*
[20:24] <Alderic> "How about tattoos, hmm?"
[20:24] <Alderic> ::Smiles and approches the shop keep::
[20:26] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper is behind a bench ... almost chest high (for a regularsized human or elf). he again speaks to Alderic*
[20:28] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper returns his attention back to your companion and resumes his conversation with him.*
[20:28] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "An amulet then. And it needs to be able to tip me off if someone is trying, or worse succeeded."
[20:32] <~bynw> *your companion looks to Alderic* "25,000 and we can have our device made in 3 days. the rest would be due at pick up." *he says in Cana*
[20:32] <~bynw> !df 4
[20:32] <@ChanServ> Result: ( )(+)(-)(+)
[20:34] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper begins rummaging through some packed space behind the counter where he stands pulling out a box or two and discarding it while mumbling to himself*
[20:34] <Alderic> ::To the shop keeper:: "How much at pick up and how much for the amulet?"
[20:37] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper looks up from his digging around the stacks of boxes and drawers of stuff he has behind the counter and answers Alderic's querry in Elvish*
[20:38] <Alderic> ::bows at the neck to the shopkeeper:: "Your an artist and a gentleman. You have a deal."
[20:38] * Alianna looks a little confused.
[20:39] * Alianna doesn't speak any form of Elvish.
[20:39] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper gets a smile on his face as he pulls out silver chain with an brilliant blue amethyst stone setting at the end and puts it on the counter. then begins rolling up the scrolls*
[20:39] <~bynw> *he points to the amulet on the counter and again speaks to Alderic*
[20:41] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper looks back and forth between Alderic and the other elf*
[20:42] <Alderic> ::pulls out three small rolled parchments secured with ribbon and a wax seal from the bag at his hip. He breaks the seal on one and unrolls it for the shopkeeper to inspect. Laying the other two on the counter::
[20:42] * Alianna stands back, keeping an eye on their Elven companion as well as the shopkeeper and periodically checking the doors and windows of the shop.
[20:42] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper inspects the parchments*
[20:44] <~bynw> *he nods in approval scooping up the 3 rolls he nods at the 2 and speaks again before placing the scrolls and rolls under the counter*
[20:45] <Alderic> ::Nods to the man, scoops up the amulet and puts it around his neck::
[20:45] * Alianna quirks an eyebrow at Alderic.
[20:46] <~bynw> *the shopkeeper grabs the scrolls and the rolls he had placed under the counter and then slips behind a drawn curtain behind him leaving the 3 standing alone in the shop*
[20:46] <~bynw> *elf* "Well we have 3 days. We should stay in one of the inns nearby."
[20:47] <Alianna> "I can live with that."
[20:47] <Alderic> ::To Alianna:: "What am I thinking?"
[20:48] <Alderic> ::Tucks the amulet under his shirt, against his skin::
[20:49] * Alianna leans in and attempts mind contact with Alderic.
[20:49] <~bynw> *elf* "We will get a common room for the 3 of us ... safer that way ..." *he says as he heads for the door*
[20:50] <Alianna> !df 4
[20:50] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)(-)(-)( )
[20:51] <~bynw> !df 4
[20:51] <@ChanServ> Result: (-)(+)(-)( )
[20:52] * Alianna runs aground, psychically speaking, on Alderic's shields.
[20:54] <Alderic> ::Smiles at Alianna, his eyes look her up and down once very quickly and a devilish smiles spreads across his face as he turns to follow the elf::
[20:54] <~bynw> *the elf opens the door to the shop* "Are you two coming?"
[20:56] * Alianna looks a little alarmed, but straightens up quickly and follows the elf out of the shop and in the general direction of a decent inn.
[20:57] <~bynw> *the elf passes a couple of places before deciding on one nearly 6 blocks away from the magical shop. he gets a common room for the 3 of them and pays for it himself. giving a key to each*
[20:57] <Alderic> ::To the elf:: "I'm sorry I forgot your name."
[20:58] <~bynw> *the room isnt much to be impressed about it. it's on the 2nd floor. there is a separate sleeping area but it is comfortable and securable.*
[20:59] <~bynw> *elf* "It's Palis" *he says as they settle into the room*
[20:59] * Alianna smiles.  "That's fine.  Thank you."
[20:59] <~bynw> *Palis* "Are either of you two skilled with warding ... I don't want to be easedropped on here"
[21:00] * Alianna goes to her pouch for ward cubes.
[21:01] <Alderic> ::Raises an eyebrow at the warding cubes:: "Those are quite the items for a pirate to come by, much less know how to use."
[21:01] * Alianna sets up the ward cubes around the room.
[21:02] <Alianna> "I told you I didn't make a lot of noise about being Deryni, but it helps to be able to ward one's room on board the ship so that I can talk privately with people when the need arises."
[21:03] <~bynw> *after Alianna has set the wards Penlas relaxes a bit* "The Empire and my brothers are liars when it comes to the Imperial Gates."
[21:05] <Alianna> "How so?'
[21:05] <~bynw> *he looks at the other two* "What do you know about the Gates?"
[21:05] <Alderic> ::Looks confused:: "Very little."
[21:06] <Alianna> "Not a hell of a lot, except they're a way to teleport quickly."
[21:07] <~bynw> *Penlas* "The general conception is we are in Sanctuary. If we wanted to travel to Montair in Adan. We would have to travel to the South Wind Gate because they are connected. And then from South Wind to Montair because they are connected."
[21:07] <Alderic> "Each gate only connects to one destination?"
[21:08] <~bynw> "No each Gate connects to several destinations. But they are limited. The South Wind Gate connects to all gates so it's a major hub of transporation."
[21:08] <~bynw> "Or so that is the published story ... it's a lie"
[21:10] <Alderic> ::Again looks confused, but keeps quiet::
[21:10] <Alianna> "What do you mean, you can transfer from any Gate to any other Gate?"
[21:10] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Every Gate can connect to any other Gate. We could truly travel from Sanctuary to Montair directly. Or from Montair to Waldsworth in Torr. But that's not a published route."
[21:13] <~bynw> *Penlas* "There are also Gates that are hidden. Usually a Gate is built as a standalone structure. So it's off by itself and everyone can see it and knows that's the Gate. But there are some that have been built into existing structures. Hiding them from causual observation. There is one in the West Abronn Territories."
[21:14] <~bynw> "The bracers I'm having made in these 3 days. Will be able to control the Gates. Activate an inactive Gate. Change the destination of a Gate already opened. Locate hidden Gates."
[21:15] <Alderic> "To what end?"
[21:15] <~bynw> *Penlas looks at Alderic* "There is a Gate in Polaris."
[21:17] <Alianna> "Ah."
[21:19] <~bynw> *Penlas shrugs* "So all we have to do, once the bracers are made. Is goto the Gate here in Sanctuary. Tell them we want to goto South Wind or some place. Pay our transporation fees. Use the magic of the bracers and alter the destination once the Gate is active. Then you step out in Polaris."
[21:20] <Alianna> "And you're sure these bracers will work?"
[21:21] <Alderic> "You said you, not us. Your not coming with us?"
[21:22] <~bynw> *Penlas* "I said you because you will have to go before me. Once I step through the magic is cancelled."
[21:23] <Alianna> "And you're sure this is going to work?"
[21:24] <Alderic> "And once your in Polaris. What do you plan on doing? And What becomes of the bracers?"
[21:24] <~bynw> "Absolutely. That's why I was doing the reseach in Torr."
[21:26] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Nothing happens to the bracers. I don't know what I would do in Polaris. Never been there."
[21:27] * Alianna (~owner@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator) Quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[21:27] * DesertRose (~owner@DesertRose.Editor.Writer.Creator) has joined #teara-adan
[21:27] * DesertRose is now known as Alianna
[21:29] <Alderic> "Come with me to talk to the Masters council."
[21:30] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Alright ..."
[21:30] <Alderic> "You've studied the portals, what do you know about the portal plague?"
[21:31] <~bynw> "I haven't studied the Portals as much as I have studied the Gates."
[21:31] <Alderic> "But the plague doesn't effect the gates, true?"
[21:34] <~bynw> *Penlas* "The Gates are not affected by the plague since it appears to only affect psychics and psychic items."
[21:35] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "Is there a gate in Kirsh?"
[21:35] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Not to my knowledge ... but with the bracers I would be able to know for certain"
[21:36] <Alderic> "Just like that? You'd just...know?"
[21:38] <~bynw> "I would have to instruct the bracers to scan for Gates ... just as those with psychic powers find others of their kind."
[21:41] <Alderic> "Very useful. Once you find one of these hidden gates and travel there once will you need the bracers to travel to it again in the future?"
[21:41] <Alianna> "So these bracers will be kind of like mind-speech for Gates?"
[21:42] <~bynw> "Yes the bracers are needed to overide the destinations set by the Gates. That way travel is not detected to easily."
[21:43] <Alderic> "Who created the gates?"
[21:46] <~bynw> "There is a guild of wizards and sorcerors here in the Crystal Islands that created them. Based off an older defunct teleportation network." *Penlas says*
[21:48] <Alderic> "An older network?"
[21:51] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Yes the same guild setup a teleportation device network using a type of magical mirrors centuries ago. It was destroyed in the chaos of the wars that eventually lead to the Crossroads Accord."
[21:52] <Alderic> "Ah. So then how did you find out about the gates?"
[21:52] <Alderic> "The trick that changes the destination I mean."
[21:54] <~bynw> "The Gates are based on the old system before it was destroyed. I just looked up the old info."
[21:56] <Alderic> "Could you use the old system, if one of the mirrors was intact?"
[22:00] <~bynw> *he thinks for a moment sitting back* "I don't know. It would be interesting to find out. But I don't think any of the old system is still intact."
[22:03] <Alderic> ::Shrugs:: "I've come to Adan to try to cure the portal plague. It's a psionic madness. My father thinks it's linked to a man named Chadwick. A druid of Kirsh and as crazy as they come. Now I know of only one place in Adan that is known for driving Deryni mad. Do you know where that is?"
[22:04] <~bynw> *Penlas shakes his head*
[22:06] <Alderic> "Kirsh."
[22:07] * Alianna looks alarmed at the mention of Kirsh and Deryni going mad.
[22:08] <~bynw> *Penlas* "Everyone knows where Kirsh is ... I thought you might be talking about something else."
[22:10] <Alderic> "I am. I'm talking about the Matrix there."
[22:10] <~bynw> "I don't know anything about that ... not my area of study."
[22:11] <Alderic> "The portal plague seems to act alot like this Matrix, driving anyone who is psionic and interacts with it, mad."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member