[19:59] <~bynw> | the chamber leaving the others to do
[19:59] <~bynw> | as they will. Elden is to take Alderic
[19:59] <~bynw> | for advanced and rapid training of
[19:59] <~bynw> | the mundane skills he will need to
[19:59] <~bynw> | fight Leopold.
[19:59] <~bynw> |
[19:59] <~bynw> | Nym, Maydla, D'nar and Temere will
[19:59] <~bynw> | work an empowering ritual on Alderic
[19:59] <~bynw> | when he returns in about 3 days time.
[19:59] <~bynw> | This will be to awaken Alderic's
[19:59] <~bynw> | latent psychic potential causing it
[19:59] <~bynw> | to blossom into full power.
[19:59] <~bynw> |
[19:59] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[19:59] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[20:00] <~bynw> *** LOCATION: Council Chambers, just after Elden and Alderic vanish ***
[20:01] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Have you ever read Lord Fallon's book on spacial symmetry in relation to time? What a load of crap. Come with me." ::he reaches out with his hand touching Alderic and utters a Word of Power and the two vanish from the chamber::
[20:03] <~bynw> ::Temere turns his attention to Alianna:: "My Lady. I bet you are wondering what part you shall have to play in this grand scheme"
[20:04] * Alianna smiles a little nervously.  "Yes, I would confess to a bit of curiosity, in addition to a full-blown migration of butterflies behind my navel."
[20:06] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Some of us here have a large matter of influence within the Empire and outside of it for that matter. You currently possess Imperial Letter of Marquis to be used against the Mohadine if they enter the waters of the Empire."
[20:07] <Alianna> "That I do."
[20:09] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Then we have secured additional documents that allow you to dock at any port or over any city. Without having to have your guns tied down and without inspection. Anywhere in the Empire."
[20:11] <~bynw> "You and your airship will be the primary means of travel. And you will also be well compensated for it."
[20:14] * Alianna raises her eyebrows with an impressed expression on her face.
[20:15] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Master Gibran. Where do you plan on having the empowerment ritual for your son taking place?"
[20:20] <Alderic> *Nym* "I think Torr would be most appropriate."
[20:26] <~bynw> ::Temere nods:: "Then I guess we can ajorn for now until Elden and Alderic return unless anyone else has something on their minds."
[20:26] <Alderic> *Nym* "The assault on the Matrix's?"
[20:26] <Alderic> *Nym* "Do we have a plan?"
[20:30] <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Allow Elden to use his abilities to attack Kirsh. The rest of us can focus on the Matrix in the high desert of Deever. I suggest provoking it and then using the black mold as one angle of attack."
[20:31] <Alderic> *Nym* ::nods:: "It makes sense, but can we stop the mold once it has begun to feed?"
[20:32] <~bynw> ::D'nar:: "Yes it is possible to stop it. It does take some doing mind you. But it is possible. It may cover a wide area before we are finished though."
[20:35] <Alderic> *Nym* "I suggest provoking it into battle with a mind and then using Merasha on that mind as another angle."
[20:37] <~bynw> ::Ibly:: "You do realize that any attack against a Matrix, especially on a psychic level is a rick of death."
[20:40] <~bynw> (( risk ))
[20:40] <~bynw> *** LOCATION CHANGE *** "Elsewhere"
[20:41] <~bynw> ::Aderic has drifted asleep during the course of the intense mental discipline of his rapid training and is begining again to wake up::
[20:43] <~bynw> ::the small metal half spheres that Elden placed on him are gone but he does have a bad headache::
[20:43] <Alderic> ::Wearily opens his eyes, trying to blink away the languor::
[20:44] <Alderic> ::groans aloud at the pain in his head and attempts to sit up::
[20:44] <Alderic> ::Looks about for Elden::
[20:44] <~bynw> ::the room is the same, but the light is at a lower level much like having only a few candles lit. Alderic is alone in the room::
[20:46] <Alderic> ::rubs his temples and rolls his head in a loose circle to try to dampen the headache::
[20:46] <~bynw> "Good Morning Alderic. I see you are awake. How do you feel?" ::a disembodied voice states from every corner and no where in the room::
[20:46] <Alderic> "Like I'm paying the price for a night drowned in wine but without the fun."
[20:47] <Alderic> "Am I supposed to taste electricity in the back of my mouth or is that just a bonus?"
[20:49] <~bynw> "The headeache will pass in time. As will that. It is normal. We prefer to have our training sessions with the patient already asleep before we begin. It can lessen those effects. But we required speed for your training. I am Orion by the way."
[20:52] <Alderic> ::Looks about for 'Orion' knowing he probably wont see him:: "Hello Orion. I'm starting to feel a bit like a bug in a jar. Perhaps I could have a face to go with this excellent conversation. Would a black-bean tea be too much to ask as well?"
[20:52] <Alderic> ::yawns::
[20:55] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Certainly." :: a man appears in the room who is about 30 years of age, if he were human. Obviosuly dressed in some Lords livery. He could pass for any number of people Alderic saw during his trip to Hemmelhold :: "Shall we?" ::he says gesturing towards the door::
[20:57] <Alderic> ::raises an eyebrow, but hops down from the table and follows Orion:: "Lead the way, if you please."
[20:58] <~bynw> ::Orion walks towards the door and waves his hand in slight to it's right side and the door slides open again. He turns to his left after leaving the room::
[20:59] <Alderic> ::Follows:: "Nice trick. Not to be rude Orion, but are you human or a part of this fantastic place?" ::motions to his surroundings::
[21:01] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "I am part of this place. I am a very detailed construct." ::he stops outside a door a few paces down the hall:: "You can get your tea here as well as a bite to eat and see Elden as well."
[21:04] <Alderic> "Ah, very good to meet you. My childhood friend was a construct named Alex. Thank you for the food and tea" ::moves to pour himself some of the tea::
[21:05] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Since you know how to open the doors here. Just open that one to see Elden" ::he says pointing towards it::
[21:06] <Alderic> ::takes a sip of the tea, closing his eyes to savor it:: "Thank you again."
[21:09] <~bynw> ::the headache is going away::
[21:14] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "While you wait I can show you to your quarters so you can refresh yourself. We have all the comforts of a city here."
[21:17] <Alderic> "Where is here in relation to Montaire?"
[21:17] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "We are in Arrin."
[21:19] <Alderic> "Ah the Arrin that Elden has always talked of hiding. I can see some of his reasoning. Please show me to my quarters"
[21:23] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Of course" ::he says leading Alderic through several interconnecting passageways and even a lift before reaching the living quarters::
[21:23] <Alderic> !df 4
[21:23] <@ChanServ> Result: (+)( )( )(+)
[21:27] <Alderic> ::suddenly realizes he is speaking in Valmarian and has been since he awoke, he grins:: "Excellent! So am I also to be hidden then? I didn't see anyone else."
[21:29] <~bynw> ::Orion switching to Arrinic which is equally understood:: "The hidden?"
[21:32] <Alderic> ::blinks a few times at the realization that he nows speaks Arrinic as well:: "Are you asking of Elden hiding Arrin or of me being hidden away?"
[21:33] <~bynw> ::Orion laughs:: "Oh know you aren't to be hidden away."
[21:36] <~bynw> "Once you have reseted. I can show you were you can practice your new skill with the javelin. Elden should be with us again an about a day."
[21:37] <Alderic> "That's funny, Alex used to play the same game with me. Not really answering the question while leading me to believe he had. Ah well, it doesn't really matter I suppose Orion. I was just curious if Elden had done something unsanctioned, so to speak, in brining me here."
[21:37] <Alderic> ::Smiles at Orion::
[21:38] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Elden is the master of this place. One of his predecessors created Hemmelhold as a training ground to evenually fill this underground city."
[21:39] <Alderic> ::laughs out loud:: "Still not an answer to my question. But then perhaps that is an answer, yes? No matter. Where is Elden headed to for the day?"
[21:41] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "He is here in the room we left early. He is recovering from his own ordeal. He had the mental webbing on his head removed."
[21:42] <Alderic> "How will he control this all powerful weapon then?"
[21:45] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "The webbing only amplified his psychic powers, he thought it would be useful when he battled Leopold. But since you are the champion now. He didn't want to keep it."
[21:47] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "Why not?"
[21:48] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "He didn't say."
[21:50] <Alderic> ::Laughs:: "One of Elden's predecessors made you didn't they?"
[21:53] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Elden created me based on the designs created by Martin. Who was the first, he was born not a clone."
[21:57] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "I see he passed on his penchant for secrets and evasive answers as well."
[21:58] <Alderic> "Thank you Orion. How many languages has Elden instilled in me?"
[22:00] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Just Valmari which you need to become King and Arrinic so you may freely utilize this place."
[22:01] <Alderic> ::raises an eyebrow at the last part:: "I see. So He has also told you my ambitions. Interesting. Do you have a library here?"
[22:05] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Not one that you would be used to using. In your quarters there is a desk. On the desk is a small wooden framed sheet of glass. Perhaps used to hold a picture. Touch the glass. It will light up and speak your name. And then say what you are searching for, in Arrinic. And it will show you."
[22:07] <Alderic> "A scrying portal?"
[22:08] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Its a good way of explaining it for now. But it can scry information."
[22:11] <Alderic> ::nods again:: "Thank you Orion. I think I'll retire for a bit and rest. Is there a way to summon you if I need you again?"
[22:12] <~bynw> ::Orion:: "Just tap the scrying portal and call my name."
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member