[19:42] <~bynw> |
[19:42] <~bynw> | Time passes quickly during the
[19:42] <~bynw> | discussion on how to proceed in the
[19:42] <~bynw> | planned attack against Leopold and
[19:42] <~bynw> | his power base.
[19:42] <~bynw> | Alderic fields many questions and
[19:42] <~bynw> | receives his answers as quickly as
[19:42] <~bynw> | they come. Each one leading to more.
[19:42] <~bynw> | Elden has returned. Wearing leathers
[19:42] <~bynw> | unlike any seen before. Carrying with
[19:42] <~bynw> | him on a floating disc yet more
[19:42] <~bynw> | equipment. Laced boots and gloves.
[19:42] <~bynw> | Full padded and leather armor with a
[19:42] <~bynw> | metal ring wide around the shoulders.
[19:42] <~bynw> | Within the disc is a vest like
[19:42] <~bynw> | harness with all sorts of tools tided
[19:42] <~bynw> | to it with thin long leather straps.
[19:42] <~bynw> | A large helmet and a large metal pack.
[19:42] <~bynw> |--------------------------------------
[19:42] * Playback of 'recap.txt' complete
[19:45] <~bynw> ::Elden doesn't take a seat, instead he stands putting on the vest harness which slides over his shoulders and fastens in the back with buckles:: "Someone want to lend a hand with this buckles? I can't get them all."
[19:45] * Alianna regards Elden with a look that says, "What the flying hell?" but says nothing and goes to help with the buckles.
[19:46] <~bynw> ::there are 3 sets that hook in on the back, and all of the tools are tied to the front of the vest::
[19:47] * Alianna quietly buckles them snugly closed but not too tight.
[19:49] <~bynw> ::once Alianna finishes with the buckles, Elden gets ready to put on the metal pack. it's almost as large has his back. The pack has large metal pads as shoulder hooks and it has several straps in front::
[19:49] <Alderic> "Nice Suit Elden. What are you planning?"
[19:50] * Alianna stifles a smile at Alderic's remark.
[19:52] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I'm going to see if I can fix the artifact."
[19:52] <Alianna> "That might be useful, if it can be done."
[19:53] <~bynw> ::he hefts the pack up and almost falls over due to its weight but catches his balance::
[19:53] <Alderic> "Is there anything we can do to help?"
[19:53] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "If it can't. We will have to make another plan to block Leopold's abilities."
[19:54] * Alianna nods.  "There is that."
[19:54] <Alderic> ::raises an eyebrow at the bulky 'suit' and Elden::
[19:54] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes, there is. Help me get this helmet on" ::he says pointing to the large cylindrical helmet on the disc ::
[19:55] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "You will have to put it on slightly to the side and then turn it clockwise so it locks in place and so I can see out."
[19:56] <Alderic> ::Helps with the helmet:: "I don't see any other way::
[19:57] <Alianna> "Me neither, to be honest.  I was being sarcastic before."
[20:00] <~bynw> ::when the helmet is locked. Elden attaches a couple of tubes between the helmet, the armor and the metal pack.::
[20:00] <~bynw> (( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10511/SI-98-15012_640.jpg without the pack and vest ))
[20:01] <Alderic> ::With the helmet on and his hearing impaired, he leans in close to Alianna and whispers:: "At least he's not raving like a maniac this time...."
[20:02] * Alianna snickers and whispers back, "There IS that."
[20:03] <~bynw> ::Elden turns to the assembled group. and twists a few mental rods sticking out near the faceplate and it opens:: "
[20:04] <Alderic> ::eyes Elden up and down appraisingly and smirks:: "I hope you went to the bathroom before you started this....whatever it is your doing in this getup"
[20:04] * Alianna stifles another snicker.
[20:05] <~bynw> "I've left the medalion where you can easily obtain it. When I get back, the first thing that needs to be done is getting this helmet off. It might be very cold too. Oh and if I'm not back in 2 and 1/2 hours. I'm probably not coming back. "
[20:05] <~bynw> "I wont have any more air available to me"
[20:06] <Alderic> ::looks to Alianna with a confused look, then back to Elden:: "We'll be waiting."
[20:06] * Alianna shrugs and looks equally confused.
[20:07] <~bynw> ::Elden closes the faceplate and retightens the metal rods and then teleports out of the chamber::
[20:07] <Alderic> "Is it just me or does he keep getting weirder and weirder every time?"
[20:08] <Alianna> "Well, nothing about the last several months has been anything other than highly weird, so..."
[20:12] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "He's been weirder in the original incarnation."
[20:13] <Alderic> "and you still talk to him?"
[20:14] <Alderic> "It is nice that I can blend into the crowd for once I suppose."
[20:18] <~bynw> ::2 hours pass quickly during which time Alderic practices some of his new found powers with others in the chamber::
[20:24] <~bynw> ::2 hours and 20 minutes since Elden left, the doors to the chamber open again admitting Elden in his weird suit of armor collapsing to the floor::
[20:26] <Alderic> ::rushes over to help get the helmet off::
[20:27] * Alianna hurries over to kneel behind Elden and unbuckle the armor.
[20:27] <~bynw> ::the helmet is indeed as Elden predicted freezing cold:
[20:28] <Alderic> "Welcome back." ::looks Elden's face over as he pulls the helmet off::
[20:29] <~bynw> ::Elden sits up on the floor breathing hard deep breaths, his hair is matted and wet from sweat::
[20:31] <Alianna> "Do you need anything?  A healer?  Something hot to eat and drink?"
[20:32] <~bynw> ::Elden shakes his head::
[20:35] <Alianna> "Are you sure you don't want at least something warm to drink?"
[20:36] <~bynw> ::He takes a few more deep breaths:: "No, I'll be alright. It's falling .... "
[20:36] <Alderic> "The artifact?"
[20:38] <~bynw> ::Elden nods his head:: "A few days to a week and it will come crashing down, probably hit the sea. I don't have the equipment to fix it ... "
[20:38] * Sarah (Mibbit@OWIRCN-6c407ee6.ga.charter.com) has joined #teara-adan
[20:42] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Its power source is still working. I may be able to salvage it and work on another plan to block Leopold's powers. I have an idea already but it's not going to be easy." ::he says while taking in a few more deep breaths:: "I could use a cool drink I think now."
[20:44] * Alianna looks up and calls for a servant to bring watered wine.
[20:48] <~bynw> ::wine is brought::
[20:48] * Sarah is now known as Maydla
[20:52] <~bynw> ::Elden takes a long deep drink of the wine and hits a few of the buckles that were still holding the metal pack and stands up:: "Can you get those buckles in back now for the vest?"
[20:52] <Alderic> ::undoes the buckles for Elden::
[20:56] <~bynw> ::Elden pulls of the vest:: "The artifact cannot be saved in whole. But its power can be. And it will take a few trips to do that."
[20:57] <Alderic> "And this has to do with your alternate plan?"
[21:02] <~bynw> "Yes it does. We may have to use Hemmelhold." ::Elden says::
[21:04] <Alderic> "Use? Use up?"
[21:07] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Use it as the platform to get close by air."
[21:08] <~bynw> "That way we can still use it to break his connection to the Matrix."
[21:12] <Alderic> "Break his connection? Is that even possible."
[21:14] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes it is possible. And that will give you the edge needed to defeat him."
[21:17] <Alderic> "break his connection to all his Matrix's?"
[21:18] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "To do that I would have to target his location. Which would also break or disrupt your connection as well if you are in combat with him. Otherwise we target the source of his power"
[21:23] <Alderic> "So we target Kirsh then?"
[21:24] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "Yes we can. But it will take a bit more of work but it's possible."
[21:24] <Alderic> "And just how do you plan on getting Hemmelhold to do anything for you?"
[21:28] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "That is why it's plan B"
[21:31] <Alderic> "I believe plan B just became plan A. Unless you think you can salvage the artifact?"
[21:32] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I cannot stop if from falling out of the sky and crashing."
[21:36] <~bynw> ::Elden:: "I will work on salvaging what I can from the artifact. We need to get Alderic moving forward so he can challenge Leopold."
[21:38] <Alderic> ::sighs and nods:: "Let's get the air ship moving. I suggest we be careful what we say aloud once we leave here."
[21:50] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Let us get some rest then and tomorrow we will bring Alderic into his first Matrix."
[21:51] <Alderic> ::nods:: "Is there a place to sleep here?"
[21:52] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "Yes there are. Just go out through the main door that we come in and there will be a hallway leading to rooms where you can sleep."
[21:53] <Alderic> ::Stands:: "Unless anyone has anything else I will see you all in the morning."
[21:55] <Alderic> ::bows to the assembled and makes his way towards the bedrooms::
[21:57] * Maydla quietly excuses herself and shuffles towards the bedrooms as well.
[21:57] <~bynw> ::Temere:: "We will start first thing in the morning then with Alderic. No one else is needed unless you wish to be here."
[21:58] * Alianna quietly calls a servant to her side to carry a message to the crew of the Aerie that they will leave in the morning.
Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member