[19:14] <bynw> *
[19:14] <bynw> *     Session 70 - Imperial Dreams
[19:14] <bynw> ****************************************
[19:14] <bynw> * King Alderic has succeeded in cementing
[19:14] <bynw> * his power to the throne of Valimar. The
[19:14] <bynw> * nobles have accepted his rule and have
[19:14] <bynw> * sworn their oaths to him.
[19:14] <bynw> * In a limited quick and simple ceremony
[19:14] <bynw> * before the Nobles and the common people
[19:14] <bynw> * of the Palace and capital. The Bishop
[19:14] <bynw> * has confirmed him to be King and
[19:14] <bynw> * formerly crowned him.
[19:14] <bynw> * Now 3 days into the King's Council the
[19:14] <bynw> * Nobles and administrators have
[19:14] <bynw> * announced the findings concerning the
[19:14] <bynw> * globes that keep the Palace and Capital
[19:14] <bynw> * warm even in the coldest of winter days.
[19:14] <bynw> * It must be done by magic. To change to
[19:14] <bynw> * any type of fuel otherwise known would
[19:14] <bynw> * be too costly. The resources of the
[19:14] <bynw> * Kingdom could not afford the expense.
[19:14] <bynw> ****************************************
[19:20] <bynw> ::the papers are spread out before the King at the council room table:: "Even to build furnaces around each globe it would be necessary to build additional air and exhaust vents into the tunnels. compromising their security and the security of the Palace." ::the administrator says::
[19:20] * Alianna listens to the reports.
[19:21] <Alderic> ::sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose:: "Then what are our other options?"
[19:24] <bynw> ::the administrator:: "the outlawed Leopold did not intend on having Lady Carmine to heat the globes for an extended period. He was searching for wizards to join Valimar's cause, to rebuild the ancient Morgul Circle and have our own wizards provide the magical power necessary to keep the globes going."
[19:27] <Alderic> ::nods and smiles::
[19:30] <Alderic> "Then let us put forth a royal decree. The nation of New Valimar officially offers all sorcerer's asylum and citizenship. Make it known that those that make themselves useful to the nation will find their place here."
[19:33] <bynw> ::administrator:: "We are also looking through old records. Attempting to find any patriots who come from the bloodlines of sorcerers as well."
[19:36] <Alderic> "Members of the society of the Spectral Magician will also find a place here, so long as they declare themselves privately to me as being members of that group. They are to know I will respect their privacy. Infiltrators will be dealt with harshly, at my discretion."
[19:39] <bynw> ::Lord Jason speaks up:: "Your Majesty. We must have one of us, if not yourself, return to the Imperial Senate and reaffirm Valimar's position in the Empire. Unless you plan to remove us from it of course."
[19:42] <Alderic> "Our position in the Empire offers us lucrative trade deals otherwise unavailable. As long as the empire will have us, we will stay."
[19:43] <Alderic> "But make it know that no merchant of New Valimar will make lasting deals contingent on our citizenship in the empire." ::raises and eyebrow at the adminstrator::
[19:46] <bynw> ::administrator:: "I shall see to it Your Majesty that all your bans are written and sealed for all to see."
[19:47] <Alderic> ::smiles:: "That last is not a ban...it is a suggestion to the wise. Fools may do as they please."
[19:50] <Alderic> "Speaking of which what do we have for exports on this snowball?"
[19:51] <bynw> ::Lord Alan:: "Our wealth is mostly in mineral wealth. Mines of various sorts."
[19:55] <Alderic> "That can be good. What kind of minerals?"
[20:00] <bynw> ::Lord Alan:: "Ruby, gold, iron, copper and other metals"
[20:02] <Alderic> "And finally, our army. Tell me about it."
[20:08] <bynw> ::Lord Daniel:: "At this time we have no standing national army. Each of us lords has a small force of men-at-arms that can be summoned to duty. Total numbers are around 1000 men of trained soldiers. Additionally we can conscript from the people and field an additional 5000 men if the need ever arises."
[20:15] <Alderic> ::turns to the Lady Admiral Alianna:: "So what say you, shall we return to stand and declare for the empire?"
[20:16] <Alianna> "Do you wish to do so yourself, or do you wish to send an emissary?"
[20:22] <Alderic> "Why not ourselves?"
[20:22] <Alianna> "I just didn't know if you had things you wanted to do here, in which case it might be better to send an emissary to the Senate.  But if you want to go yourself and you wish me to go with you, I'll go pack."
[20:25] <Alderic> ::nods:: "I think there maybe questions."
[20:25] <Alianna> "Very well, then, Your Majesty.  I'll go pack such belongings as I will need."
[20:25] <bynw> ::Lord Justin:: "Your Majesty. If I may. The admiral is correct. We should send an emissary. Your presence at the Senate is not required at this time. Only when a new Emperor is to be chosen are you required."
[20:29] <Alderic> ::looks to Lord Justin:: "Oh? And what would it serve for me to send an emissary?"
[20:32] <bynw> ::Lord Justin:: "The emissary would be our nations voice in the Senate's day to day activities. He would convey any message necessary to the Senate, including the formal notification of Your Majesties coronation."
[20:33] <Alderic> "You mean a diplomat. A spy."
[20:35] <bynw> ::Lord Justin:: "A diplomat and any other talents that they may have of course."
[20:36] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "Whom do you have in mind?"
[20:39] <bynw> ::Lord Justin:: "I would suggest sending Lord Jason, he is more versed in the Imperial ways than the rest of us."
[20:41] <Alderic> "Where is Lord Jason. Let him speak."
[20:44] <bynw> ::Lord Jason stands:: "I am hear my Lord. I asked the initial question concerning the status of Valimar in the Empire."
[20:47] <Alderic> "Tell me why you should be New Valimar's diplomat to the Empire?"
[20:50] <bynw> ::Lord Jason:: "Valimar's entry into the Empire was initiated by signing the Imperial Charter. It was signed by Leopold, Cedric, Carmine, His Grace Bishop Tobert and myself Your Majesty."
[20:54] <Alderic> "So you where high in Leopold's esteem. Yet he is gone and you have no issue with serving me... Why are you here?"
[20:56] <Alderic> ::begins to truth read the man::
[20:59] <bynw> ::Lord Justin:: "I was in residence of the palace on other business at the time. It was a matter of convenience to be a witness at the formal signing of the Charter. It was not a matter of Leopold's esteem. I believe in Valimar, the nation of my ancestors. And Your Majesty can bring us back into the nations as a world power once again."
[21:01] <Alderic> "And you believed in Leopold?"
[21:06] <bynw> ::Lord Jason:: "Leopold had the means to give Valimar it's rebirth. He is a good general and tactician but he has never made a good king."
[21:09] <Alderic> "And why then did Leopold have you sign the charter?"
[21:13] <bynw> ::Lord Jason:: "The Charter needed to be signed by the King, his heir apparent, his representative, and two witnesses. I was in the capital on other business and was summoned to be one of the witnesses to the signing."
[21:16] <Alderic> "Other business?"
[21:18] <bynw> ::Lord Jason:: "I was meeting with several merchants for the exporting of iron to Arrin."
[21:20] <Alderic> ::Nods:: "So let it be done. You are the new diplomat for New Valimar to the Empire."
[21:21] <bynw> ::Lord Jason bows:: "Thank you Your Majesty. I will endeavor to see to our nations interests in the Senate."
[21:31] <bynw> ::as the council adjourns the nobles bow before their King before taking their leave. One by one until the King is alone again with his Admiral ::
[21:33] <Alderic> "What do you think of going back to your old ways in service to Valimar?"
[21:34] <Alianna> "As a privateer?"
[21:37] <Alderic> !roll 3d6
[21:37] <ChanServ> 1, 5, 6 == 12
[21:40] <Alderic> !roll 1d6+12
[21:40] <ChanServ> (6) + 12 == 18
[21:41] <Alderic> !roll 1d6+18
[21:41] <ChanServ> (1) + 18 == 19
[21:41] <Alderic> "Exactly."
[21:43] <Alianna> "Upon whom do you wish me to work my trade?"
[21:46] <Alderic> ::His eyes widen in alarm as he looks over Alianna's shoulder::
[21:46] * Alianna turns to see what is causing Alderic's reaction.
[21:48] * Alianna looks around the room generally, completely confused.
[21:49] <Alderic> ::Stands, his shields flare:: "Leopold."
[21:50] <Alianna> "Oh shit."
[21:52] <Alderic> "Stop your skulking and make yourself seen to her."
[21:55] <bynw> "Very well" ::says Leopold's disembodied voice as he forms in solid standing a few feet from Alianna. He is wearing the robes of an Anadari::
[21:56] * Alianna 's shields flare as well, as she recoils in alarm.
[22:02] <bynw> ::Leopold:: "We have a truce do we not?"
[22:06] <Alderic> "I believe you ran after I challenged you to a duel arcane."
[22:09] <bynw> ::Leopold:: "I have come to warn you that you have been deceived. As for the challenge, I will answer you formally at a place and date of your choosing."

Bynw da GM
The World of Teara Adan
Founding Four Member